GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Aftermarket speakers 08 GS350

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-22, 04:08 AM
Z3GS
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket speakers 08 GS350

Have a few blown speakers in my ML system seems to be pretty common , looking for some upgraded speakers/amp/sub , curious what everyone is running
Old 10-21-22, 05:17 AM
Oceans13
Advanced

Received 214 Likes on 131 Posts

Use 8ohm replacement speakers. For the sub, I put the Goldwood:

Door speakers I used Massive Audio 8 ohm with toyota adapters. And soundproof the doors:

Central dash speaker:

And for side dash speaker I just went with OEM:

That's it for the speakers. I kept the ML amp, but noticed that trunk vent flaps were gone as usual. I sealed it temporarily:

Then replaced them to keep dirt and moisture away from the amp, but allow circulation to prevent overheating:

I kept the OEM stereo and installed a Bluetooth adapter for music. This one works great and the phone mic sounds good as well:

Last edited by Oceans13; 10-21-22 at 05:50 AM.
The following users liked this post:
petershen (10-28-22)
Old 10-21-22, 08:23 PM
Huezzy
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

How's the sound deafening you installed? What locations have you installed the sound deafening material on? My rear subwoof and passenger door subwoof/speaker have a crazy rattling noise when there is a lot of bass. I don't know whether I have to replace them or not. I checked the foam already and it is in good condition, no rips or tears. What do you think is the issue?
Old 10-21-22, 08:24 PM
Huezzy
Driver

Originally Posted by Oceans13

Door speakers I used Massive Audio 8 ohm with toyota adapters. And soundproof the doors:

Central dash speaker:

That's it for the speakers. I kept the ML amp, but noticed that trunk vent flaps were gone as usual. I sealed it temporarily:

Then replaced them to keep dirt and moisture away from the amp, but allow circulation to prevent overheating:

I kept the OEM stereo and installed a Bluetooth adapter for music. This one works great and the phone mic sounds good as well:

How's the sound deafening you installed? What locations have you installed the sound deafening material on? My rear subwoof and passenger door subwoof/speaker have a crazy rattling noise when there is a lot of bass. I don't know whether I have to replace them or not. I checked the foam already and it is in good condition, no rips or tears. What do you think is the issue?
Old 10-24-22, 08:19 AM
Oceans13
Advanced

Sound deadning is good. I put it in the doors, trunk, and other areas with factory materials. They accidentally sent me an extra box so I was able to do twice as much areas.

The following 2 users liked this post by Oceans13:
707IS350 (10-30-22), GSKEV06 (12-20-23)
Old 10-24-22, 09:18 AM
Huezzy
Driver

Sound deadning is good. I put it in the doors, trunk, and other areas with factory materials. They accidentally sent me an extra box so I was able to do twice as much areas.

How is the road noise now? Which sound deadening mats did you use? did the speakers you replaced end up solving any issues you had? or make sound quality significantly better?
Old 10-30-22, 01:29 PM
Oceans13
Advanced

I used kilmat, it was pretty good. Id recommend doing it. But it does add weight to the car
Old 06-08-23, 07:08 AM
Ninja76
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Central dash speaker:

How did these speakers work out for you? Anything you'd do different?
Old 12-07-23, 08:22 AM
jayi836
6th Gear

Central dash speaker:

Could you share the part number for the Toyota adapter is this the door speaker? Massive Audio M6 6.5 Inch

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004BP4GK0/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A15L7EDM6B3MVA&th=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004BP4GK0/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A15L7EDM6B3MVA&th=1

Old 02-16-24, 05:43 PM
jvic187
2nd gear

Default dash speakers

Central dash speaker:

what size speakers are the dash right and left side both mine are blown and trying to buy some but not a whole lot of websites have this information please let me know thanks in advance
Old 02-17-24, 11:42 AM
snakeo2
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hopefully this helps.
Old 02-17-24, 11:48 AM
jvic187
2nd gear

Originally Posted by snakeo2

Hopefully this helps.

thank you for the reply but does not show the two speakers that are located in the dash on the left and right of the center speaker of the dash but thanks you very much this diagram will still help for other projects for my vehicle 🙏🏽
Old 02-19-24, 02:40 PM
twindham
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

On that center dash TB speaker - where did you purchase it?
thanks

Tom