GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Highest Possible Gains on 2007 GS350 RWD

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-23, 10:43 AM
IBJZ
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Highest Possible Gains on 2007 GS350 RWD

Hi. I bought this car a few months back and really love it however, I really wanna increase the speed/acceleration of this car and I'm wondering if there's options.

Currently I'm considering headers/Intake/Exhaust and a tune(if possible). If I do this is it possible to gain significant power from this motor or is forced induction the way to go ....assuming that is even possible given how limited this car seems to be. This is my first car and I wanna make it special 🤣.
Old 02-06-23, 01:21 AM
NormzGS350
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Options limited

Honestly, I went through the same thing you’re going thru right now for a while, but learned that there’s really limited option for the 3GS gaining a lot of horsies other than the very expensive S/C or turbo route.

Some things I did that made the car “feel” faster:

-stickier tires (I currently have the Michelin PSAS 4S’s, I could feel the car gripping much better and launch slightly faster)

-new spark plugs, I feel like it had a placebo effect at first but I noticed some better pickup on freeway ramps maybe like 5-10% faster than old spark plugs

-thoroughly clean your intake manifold and TB, not 100% had the most noticeable difference but I think the car was running smoother for sure

-maybe an alignment could do wonders, I know it’s not a big improvement, but again the car is running in the most optimal fashion it can be in

Other:

-a Pedal Commander throttle controller (still have yet to try one of these but I’ve seen some reviews on other Lexus and they seem to make a difference on launches from dead stop in the different modes, I think Marty Motoring did a YouTube review on this recently too)

-exhaust would free up some congestion

-I use the F-Sport Air Intake Filter, idk how much difference that makes

ETC:
-I heard that the 4GS intake piping and sound generating hose fits on the 3GS (check CL post for how to do it) and it makes the car sound meaner during acceleration

Sorry if this list sounds basic or common, but it’s the best I could do personally to my own GS (2008 350 RWD, 115k miles)

Old 02-06-23, 02:02 AM
IBJZ
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NormzGS350
Honestly, I went through the same thing you’re going thru right now for a while, but learned that there’s really limited option for the 3GS gaining a lot of horsies other than the very expensive S/C or turbo route.

Some things I did that made the car “feel” faster:

-stickier tires (I currently have the Michelin PSAS 4S’s, I could feel the car gripping much better and launch slightly faster)

-new spark plugs, I feel like it had a placebo effect at first but I noticed some better pickup on freeway ramps maybe like 5-10% faster than old spark plugs

-thoroughly clean your intake manifold and TB, not 100% had the most noticeable difference but I think the car was running smoother for sure

-maybe an alignment could do wonders, I know it’s not a big improvement, but again the car is running in the most optimal fashion it can be in

Other:

-a Pedal Commander throttle controller (still have yet to try one of these but I’ve seen some reviews on other Lexus and they seem to make a difference on launches from dead stop in the different modes, I think Marty Motoring did a YouTube review on this recently too)

-exhaust would free up some congestion

-I use the F-Sport Air Intake Filter, idk how much difference that makes

ETC:
-I heard that the 4GS intake piping and sound generating hose fits on the 3GS (check CL post for how to do it) and it makes the car sound meaner during acceleration

Sorry if this list sounds basic or common, but it’s the best I could do personally to my own GS (2008 350 RWD, 115k miles)
I appreciate the reply! And I'm starting to see your perspective when it comes to the 3GS. I've decided on a catback/air filter from K&N. Some local tuners around me have claimed to have cracked this ecu so I'll be heading there to check and if it's worthwhile I'll straight up do it!. Honestly I just want this car to touch a 0-60 frame within the late or mid 4 second interval so atleast it lines up to stock muscles cars😂. There's another tuner near me that claims to have successfully attempted forced induction aswell but at this point all the chips are down for me. Just gonna improve the braking and handling of this thing as priority and maybe look into that throttle response controller as I've heard that some specific brands even remove the rpm and speed limiter.