Search this Thread

Old 03-06-23, 08:53 AM
amsden6832
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016-2020 4th GS side F Sport emblem position

Hello,
My car is 2018 GS300.
I just convert my car from Non F-sport to F-sport Front bumper grille.
It looks such beautiful.

And I decide to order the F sport emblem stick on both left and right fender.
I am wondering if anyone who has an F-Sport version of 4th GS can help to measure out the exact position for those emblem.

Thank you so much

Last edited by amsden6832; 03-06-23 at 09:00 AM.
Old 03-06-23, 10:28 AM
Nalod
Advanced

Received 301 Likes on 187 Posts

Poser move. Bumpers and emblems don't make it an Fsport.

It would be like someone putting a GS-F fender on an Fsport then wanting to badge it accordingly.
Not a think wrong with making a car look the way you want it, but to badge it is not cool.
If you upgrade the suspension, exhaust, change the interior and then you have an F-Sport.

Last edited by Nalod; 03-06-23 at 10:33 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Nalod:
MX73 (03-06-23), thisguy_06 (03-14-23)
Old 03-06-23, 10:49 AM
amsden6832
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No doubt about it!

thank you for your suggest.
Old 03-06-23, 10:53 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,450 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Nalod
Poser move. Bumpers and emblems don't make it an Fsport.

It would be like someone putting a GS-F fender on an Fsport then wanting to badge it accordingly.
Not a think wrong with making a car look the way you want it, but to badge it is not cool.
If you upgrade the suspension, exhaust, change the interior and then you have an F-Sport.
Yeah this forum has it's fair share of people putting GSF or F-Sport parts on their GS. In many cases fake GSF parts made by lower quality aftermarkets. Then there are people that just like to put upper trim badges or floor mats to "style" their car. This is a trend I consider rice. As the cars get older it becomes more affordable to ricers. I use to be one myself in my 20's lol, but now all about that OEM+ look.

Last edited by peasodos; 03-06-23 at 11:01 AM.
Old 03-06-23, 12:33 PM
Nalod
Advanced

Originally Posted by peasodos
Yeah this forum has it's fair share of people putting GSF or F-Sport parts on their GS. In many cases fake GSF parts made by lower quality aftermarkets. Then there are people that just like to put upper trim badges or floor mats to "style" their car. This is a trend I consider rice. As the cars get older it becomes more affordable to ricers. I use to be one myself in my 20's lol, but now all about that OEM+ look.
Had this happen the other day:

Im at a light and a wrapped GS350 pulls up next to me. Im guessing wrapped in some lime green color, nice wheels, lowered, exhaust, very well done. He wants a piece of me. He lowers window and trying to get my attention. Im with wife and we trying not to laugh. This kid put a lot of time and money in his car.
I'm in my new to me 2019 LS500. 411 HP, 440 of torque. 0-60 Factory spec of 4.6 seconds. im not interested. He is baiting me. I don't want to hurt his feelings. Really, im good. content. Stock. My LS is very comfy and chill.
The takes off. Then slows downs. Next light he calling me grampa. Now, its all good fun, not nasty stuff and these kids were in line just out for fun. I lower window and give them thumbs up. Flip to Sport Plus, Did my gas-brake launch and smoke them.
Next light they want to do it again. I say no, They ask what I got in my grampa car, I responded "Just look it up and give respect"....we all had a good laugh.
Wife asked me how this happened? I said the GS is wonderful Grand touring and I it handles really well, but since non tubo can't be "tuned". I had to explain what that meant.
She said "but it looks and sounds so fast!" I said yes, and maybe it handles a bit better than stock but not much to get it faster.
Grampa car got cred that night.

Lesson: Don't badge

Old 03-06-23, 02:29 PM
LexusGSboy
Instructor

Received 499 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by amsden6832
Hello,
My car is 2018 GS300.
I just convert my car from Non F-sport to F-sport Front bumper grille.
It looks such beautiful.

And I decide to order the F sport emblem stick on both left and right fender.
I am wondering if anyone who has an F-Sport version of 4th GS can help to measure out the exact position for those emblem.

Thank you so much
If I remember correctly - the real OEM F Sport emblem has two pins that line up with two holes in the front fender. I'm not 100% and obvioulsy if they're not OEM emblems then it likely doesn't matter. I guess you could also file the pins down/off to solve the issue.
The following users liked this post:
MX73 (03-06-23)
Old 03-06-23, 02:49 PM
PGA71
Intermediate

Received 403 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by peasodos
The term RICE stands for “Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement”. These so called “enhancements”, often do nothing more but make the car look and sound tuned/faster than it is.
Old 03-08-23, 07:02 PM
Nalod
Advanced

Im thimking a FSport hood ornament would look good with a vinyl roof. Im baffled where he opera lights go?
Old 03-08-23, 07:46 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,320 Likes on 1,051 Posts

Had this happen the other day:

Im at a light and a wrapped GS350 pulls up next to me. Im guessing wrapped in some lime green color, nice wheels, lowered, exhaust, very well done. He wants a piece of me. He lowers window and trying to get my attention. Im with wife and we trying not to laugh. This kid put a lot of time and money in his car.
I'm in my new to me 2019 LS500. 411 HP, 440 of torque. 0-60 Factory spec of 4.6 seconds. im not interested. He is baiting me. I don't want to hurt his feelings. Really, im good. content. Stock. My LS is very comfy and chill.
The takes off. Then slows downs. Next light he calling me grampa. Now, its all good fun, not nasty stuff and these kids were in line just out for fun. I lower window and give them thumbs up. Flip to Sport Plus, Did my gas-brake launch and smoke them.
Next light they want to do it again. I say no, They ask what I got in my grampa car, I responded "Just look it up and give respect"....we all had a good laugh.
Wife asked me how this happened? I said the GS is wonderful Grand touring and I it handles really well, but since non tubo can't be "tuned". I had to explain what that meant.
She said "but it looks and sounds so fast!" I said yes, and maybe it handles a bit better than stock but not much to get it faster.
Grampa car got cred that night.

Lesson: Don't badge
Hang on?

For sure you don't know there are a few 4.4sec 0-60 IS350 and GS350 out there. On this forum and other places well documented.

Who told you the 2GR V6 could not be Tuned because it was non turbo? The 4.4sec 2GR V6's are in fact Tuned also, and are n/a. lol!
Nalod (03-08-23)
Old 03-09-23, 08:33 AM
Nalod
Advanced

Originally Posted by jgscott
Hang on?

For sure you don't know there are a few 4.4sec 0-60 IS350 and GS350 out there. On this forum and other places well documented.

Who told you the 2GR V6 could not be Tuned because it was non turbo? The 4.4sec 2GR V6's are in fact Tuned also, and are n/a. lol!
Are they turbo'd? True that is possible but very not cost effective from what I recall.
If not, I learned something new today!
For sure our lime green encounter did not have it.
No doubt throw enough money there is a kit?
jgscott (03-09-23)
Old 03-09-23, 02:38 PM
GrandSedanFan
Instructor

Received 210 Likes on 147 Posts

Are they turbo'd? True that is possible but very not cost effective from what I recall.
Sounds like you ran into a GS 350 with a loud exhaust. Adding volume is easy, adding power is hard. However, do not sleep on RWD 2IS 350s. They would trap over 102mph in the 1/4 mile at sea level, thanks in part to aggressive gearing. I know from experience, running my GTOs at Atco Dragway back in 2007/2008.

It is possible to tune almost any engine, but tuning NA engines is substantially less cost/labor efficient than tuning factory forced induction engines, so many feel it is not worth it - hence "can't be tuned".

An off-the-shelf tune for a factory turbo engine can result in increases from 50 to 100hp for just $600.00. The same 50hp increase from an NA engine could require thousands of dollars in breathing (airbox, intake manifold, headers, high flow or deleted catalytic converters) parts plus the $600.00 tune to ensure adequate and proper fueling for the additional airflow. Also, factory forced induction engines are often somewhat overbuilt to reduce the risk of catastrophic detonation. You can run rich all day, but you can only run lean once.

RR Motorsports sells a supercharger kit for the 2GR-FSE 3.5L NA V6 found in the IS/RC/GS 350, which substantially increases power at the cost of weight, heat, and longevity/durability.

There is a small but dedicated community here that is committed to extracting additional power from the 2GR-FSE without forced induction. The aftermarket support for these engines is fairly weak, but the largest gains appear to be from headers and ported intake manifolds. I have seen dynos as high as 330whp using E85, but there are probably less than 10 IS/RC/GS making that level of NA power in the United States.

As an aside, I would love to see a properly ported intake manifold with flow matched runners, as shown on a flow bench. I wonder how much variation there is between cylinders with the handful of homebrew ported intake manifolds out there - large variations could result in a couple cylinders running lean/hot and eventually failing.
The following 2 users liked this post by GrandSedanFan:
jgscott (03-09-23), Longevite1 (03-10-23)
Old 03-09-23, 04:53 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by panyo64
Sounds like you ran into a GS 350 with a loud exhaust. Adding volume is easy, adding power is hard. However, do not sleep on RWD 2IS 350s. They would trap over 102mph in the 1/4 mile at sea level, thanks in part to aggressive gearing. I know from experience, running my GTOs at Atco Dragway back in 2007/2008.

It is possible to tune almost any engine, but tuning NA engines is substantially less cost/labor efficient than tuning factory forced induction engines, so many feel it is not worth it - hence "can't be tuned".

An off-the-shelf tune for a factory turbo engine can result in increases from 50 to 100hp for just $600.00. The same 50hp increase from an NA engine could require thousands of dollars in breathing (airbox, intake manifold, headers, high flow or deleted catalytic converters) parts plus the $600.00 tune to ensure adequate and proper fueling for the additional airflow. Also, factory forced induction engines are often somewhat overbuilt to reduce the risk of catastrophic detonation. You can run rich all day, but you can only run lean once.

RR Motorsports sells a supercharger kit for the 2GR-FSE 3.5L NA V6 found in the IS/RC/GS 350, which substantially increases power at the cost of weight, heat, and longevity/durability.

There is a small but dedicated community here that is committed to extracting additional power from the 2GR-FSE without forced induction. The aftermarket support for these engines is fairly weak, but the largest gains appear to be from headers and ported intake manifolds. I have seen dynos as high as 330whp using E85, but there are probably less than 10 IS/RC/GS making that level of NA power in the United States.

As an aside, I would love to see a properly ported intake manifold with flow matched runners, as shown on a flow bench. I wonder how much variation there is between cylinders with the handful of homebrew ported intake manifolds out there - large variations could result in a couple cylinders running lean/hot and eventually failing.
I have a Flow Benched Port matched Upper and Lower Intake on my GS350 done by a former NASCAR engine builder, with a 73mm enlarged and Venturi'd TB. I posted it on CL in the past. Also other goodies like Tune and Headers plus. I did not spend that much on the Mods, as there are clone Headers, ( likely made in the same shop as the PPE ones for 1/3 the cost, Tune, and more.

The Gearing on the IS350, GS350 and RC350 will shock some cars up top along with Mods. I haven taken cars with greater hp that are just not suppose to happen, with Videos to prove. If I can ever get finish with my custom mid pipe and rear exhaust (working on quite but High Flow), I will disclose the numbers I am seeing on both the Dyno and 0-60 and 1/4. I also have to get back to the Dyno and retune the D3 Custom Pro Tuner I have for the latest stage of mods.

I laugh at seeing the GS get thrown under the bus being a long time Lexus owner. In the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Gen GS, there were some 500hp to 1000+hp GS's here on CL no less. Both in the 2JZ, and even some Turbo'd and S/C'd V8 430's and 460's, and Nitrous. I ran a GS460 with Nitrous150 shot a few years back myself. The Performance owners have gone away from CL mostly due to the new type 4th Gen GS owners just being wheels and drops transition lol!

Last edited by jgscott; 03-09-23 at 07:09 PM.
Old 03-09-23, 05:25 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

The LS500 you have now is indeed impressive! Did not mean to come across the wrong way just advising of something that seems to float around inaccurate you likely heard elsewhere. Even a 4.4 car can be had by a 4.7 or more car if the conditions are right including the Driver. See my other post above to answer the questions you have. I have owned 2 LS's in the past myself.

I would love to see you get the Tune for that LS500. In addition to the extra hp the cars drivability is so much smoother and better too most times with a Tune. Here is a Vid to get some insight as to the 2GR V6 capabilities. Now also when we look at cost, lets say a GS350 a few years old is $26k give or take. My thinking is subtract the $26k from lets say a 2019 LS500 at $55K. Gives you $32K difference. $32k to play with for Performance.....or less. What's too expensive to Performance Mod?

The 2GR V6
FI

The 2GR N/A

Last edited by jgscott; 03-09-23 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Typo
4GS350 (03-09-23)
Old 03-09-23, 06:36 PM
GrandSedanFan
Instructor

Received 210 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by jgscott
The LS500 you have now is indeed impressive! Did not mean to come across the wrong way just advising of something that seems to float around inaccurate you likely heard elsewhere. Even a 4.4 car can be had by a 4.7 or more car if the conditions are right including the Driver. See my other post above to answer the questions you have. I have owned 2 LS's in the past myself.

I would love to see you get the Tune for that LS500. In addition to the extra hp the cars drivability is so much smoother and better too most times with a Tune. Here is a Vid to get some insight as to the 2GR V6 capabilities. Now also when we look at cost, lets say a GS350 a few years old is $26k give or take. My thinking is subtract the $26k from lets say a 2015 LS500 at $55K. Gives you $32K difference. $32k to play with for Performance.....or less. What's too expensive to Performance Mod?

The 2GR V6
FI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWg22MsT2cU

The 2GR N/A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUMV_-jDDp8
First year of the LS500 was 2018.

If I had new LS500 money, I'd have a GS-F for the summer and a GR Corolla for the winter.

Last edited by GrandSedanFan; 03-09-23 at 06:44 PM.
jgscott (03-09-23)
Old 03-09-23, 07:04 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by panyo64
First year of the LS500 was 2018.

If I had new LS500 money, I'd have a GS-F for the summer and a GR Corolla for the winter.
Yep Typo. Meant to say 2019.
GrandSedanFan (03-09-23)

Quick Reply: 2016-2020 4th GS side F Sport emblem position