Clock Running fast on my 2012 Lexus Gs

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-23, 05:12 AM
HumbleLeo
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clock Running fast on my 2012 Lexus Gs

Hi everyone,

​​​​​​I have 2012 Lexus Gs350 F sport just got the car last month i ran through couple of issues which is odd as my previously F sport was flawless...

First issue
I will start with the clock it's running way too fast it increases in time by an hour everyday i went ahead and got a replacement paid $330 for s new watch installed it myself next day came to look at the time same issue now im confused on what's going on!

2 Mark Levension Amp Clipping protection driving me insane as soon as i put the volume up over 42 is cuts out all noise and i have to reset the cat by turning it off and on again for it to start working and if i adjust the base settings to lower bass i can turn the volume up without it cutting at 42 but sound is so bad i dont even enjoy the music

Now im worried if i go and get a new amp it will still not fix the issue same with what happend with the clock!

3rd very strage thing happend only once i started the car and dove off quickly the speedometer was reading speed of 20 km/h while i was doing about 50 km/h to 60 until i came to a full stop turned off the car hand turned it back on and it went to reading the actual speed

My car has only done 55,000 km that's about 30,000 miles or so im very confused and i hope someone can help me out as it's becoming a endless money pit with things that i consider small but annoying asf

Any advice would be much appreciated,

Thanks
Old 03-25-23, 09:44 AM
EAST
Intermediate

Received 168 Likes on 126 Posts

Just some preliminary questions.

1. I'm guessing you already saw the thread https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-too-fast.html which is why you replaced the clock already? When you said "new", you mean brand new OEM clock? I'm just trying to eliminate the possibility that you got a "newish" clock that has the issue of the detached magnet mention at the end of the above thread.

You say it's off by an hour. Is it an hour exactly (possibly pointing to some change in time zone settings), or is it off by minutes? Like, if you come back 4 hours later, its off by 10 mins, and if you come back another 4 hours later it's off by another 10 mins (as an example).

2. Have you checked around the amp area just to make sure there is no apparent water damage? Do you have a ML system?

There seem to be a few threads matching your symptoms, but no resolution. It sounds like the amp is hitting thermal limit and shutting off. I wonder if you run music with bass while observing the amp, if it would be hot to the touch right before shutting off.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ng-advice.html

3. Not sure on your third issue. Seeing as it's a recent purchase, I wonder if the last person sold it because of these electrical issues.
​​​​
Old 03-25-23, 07:21 PM
HumbleLeo
3rd Gear

Hey, Thanks for your reply the watch was second hand not new and its off by 30 minutes sometimes or more and its not on sync with digital time on screen i did see this thread im worries of opening the watch and ruining it with glue as these are very hard to find and not cheap
​​​​​​
My Amp is ML but not sure wjy this keeps happening as there is no water in the trunk/boot i took it to a sound electrician he said they might be able to fix it and charged me $100 for trying 2 weeks goes by he said bring it back connected it and nothing was repaired i'm expecting he ripped me off and did nothing as the problem wasn't fixed also he cut some of the wiring to the amp amp and connected it back again as i saw some tape over the wires in the back of the trunk over the connecting cables to the ML Amp but i just didn't want to fight or argue so Just took it as a loss of $100 and drove off but still having same issue with sound cutting off when base is high i think i need to find a honest and a good sparkie/ electrician that can actually identify the source of the issue and repair it i'm worried that i might have the wrong battery on my car and that's what's causing these issues i want to double check the battery tonight
Old 03-25-23, 07:24 PM
lexo98
Racer

Received 273 Likes on 235 Posts

Ouch. Sorry you paid that much for a used clock that doesn’t work. I can confirm that I had the same issue with my clock keeping the correct time. I followed the procedure in the link someone already posted and it runs fine now.
Old 03-25-23, 08:49 PM
EAST
Intermediate

Well, it sounds like you have two of the clocks now (your original one and the one you bought). I haven't done the procedure but it sounded from the thread it was something simple enough to do.

As far as the amp, I habe not opened one so can't comment on how hard/easy it is to fix. It sounded from the other thread that ML ones are more prone for failure. This is more for my curiosity, but which wires have tape on them?

This thread covers some of the pins and corresponding wire colors:https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ng-issues.html

There are more threads as well, just can't find currently.

I wonder if maybe they tried disconnecting the sub to see if it would fix the issue.

​​​​​
Old 03-26-23, 01:11 AM
HumbleLeo
3rd Gear

Just noticed previous owner has put a Hyundai battery on my lexus Gs with different CCA and capacity.

​​​​​battery number 65d23L

Could this be what's causing these electrical issues?

Hope someone can help,

Thanks
Old 03-26-23, 05:56 AM
EAST
Intermediate

I haven't experienced issues with a bad battery, but have read of people on here stating a battery that is starting to go bad may cause random electrical issues.

If I'm googling correctly, that part gives a 450 - 500 CCA battery? The OEM one is 575 CCA, I believe. I would think as long as it starts the car with no trouble and your alternator is in good condition to support your electrical load, that a battery wouldn't cause issues, but who knows.