GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Door body weatherstrip

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-23, 07:09 PM
guddylover
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door body weatherstrip

Does anyone know how to install a new rubber seal on the door-body seal, not the seal around the door itself? Thanks

Here is part no.

Door Weather-Strip - Lexus (62312-30250)

Old 03-31-23, 07:33 AM
Knucklebus
Instructor

Received 399 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by guddylover
Does anyone know how to install a new rubber seal on the door-body seal, not the seal around the door itself? Thanks

Here is part no.

Door Weather-Strip - Lexus (62312-30250)

None of those are that hard to replace. I can't tell from the part number where it goes. If it is the body-mounted whole door seal, it should be pretty easy to get off and back on. Most have a channel they fit into.

A picture would be worth a 1,000 words as far as figuring it out. I could go look at mine with that info.
Old 03-31-23, 05:48 PM
guddylover
9th Gear

Thanks for the comment. I have a feeling it should be easy, however, I think I need to find a way to remove the plastic cover on the B-panel. I am just trying to see if anyone has removed them before, so I don’t damage the clips. I am also hoping I can use that opportunity to fix the rattle coming out of the seatbelt holder too. Thanks

Originally Posted by Knucklebus
None of those are that hard to replace. I can't tell from the part number where it goes. If it is the body-mounted whole door seal, it should be pretty easy to get off and back on. Most have a channel they fit into.

A picture would be worth a 1,000 words as far as figuring it out. I could go look at mine with that info.
Old 04-02-23, 07:28 AM
MX73
Racer

Received 291 Likes on 225 Posts

I replace mine last month.

If this is the front left door,
-Pull the top part of the a-pillar cover gently and twist the top claw 90 degrees, I think counterclockwise. You'll know which way when the cover doesn't come all the way out.
-Remove the door sill covers and anything attached to it.
-Bottom B-pillar cover. Remove the bottom cover first, they are all held in by plastic push clips.
-Top b-pillar cover, there will be 2 phillips head screws on the base of the top b-pillar cover. Pull from the bottom towards you. It will unclip 1 plastic push clip from the top of the cover. Then pull down.
-Pull door weather strip out.
-To reinstall the weather strip, you may need to pull the headliner down slightly. Those are held in by clips and velcro.
-Install trim in the reverse order.
Old 04-02-23, 11:14 AM
guddylover
9th Gear

Did you see any improvement in the sound and wind noise after you replaced the seal?

Originally Posted by MX73
I replace mine last month.

If this is the front left door,
-Pull the top part of the a-pillar cover gently and twist the top claw 90 degrees, I think counterclockwise. You'll know which way when the cover doesn't come all the way out.
-Remove the door sill covers and anything attached to it.
-Bottom B-pillar cover. Remove the bottom cover first, they are all held in by plastic push clips.
-Top b-pillar cover, there will be 2 phillips head screws on the base of the top b-pillar cover. Pull from the bottom towards you. It will unclip 1 plastic push clip from the top of the cover. Then pull down.
-Pull door weather strip out.
-To reinstall the weather strip, you may need to pull the headliner down slightly. Those are held in by clips and velcro.
-Install trim in the reverse order.
Old 04-03-23, 06:45 AM
MX73
Racer

Received 291 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by guddylover
Did you see any improvement in the sound and wind noise after you replaced the seal?
Not really. I was tackling a b-pillar ticking/rattling noise which I did eliminate. So I accomplished that. I didn't have much wind noise to start with since the hybird windows are double pane. I am going to replace the little triangle next to the door mirror since I hear that was the source of the wind noise. I'm just waiting on my aluminum interior door handles to arrive before I remove the door card.