Default 2013 gs350 tpms

Trying to locate the TPMs module on my 2013 GS350 thank you
Old 05-02-23, 02:33 PM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 550 Likes on 400 Posts

It's in the car somewhere.
The following 2 users liked this post by charley95:
AJLex19 (05-02-23), thisguy_06 (05-04-23)
Old 05-02-23, 06:53 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,168 Likes on 863 Posts

Originally Posted by pgray5
Here is the part itself: https://www.ssl-parts.com/oem-parts/...sor-4260730060

Here's a good vid:
Old 05-03-23, 07:00 PM
lexo98
Pole Position

Received 280 Likes on 242 Posts

Gotta ask why
Old 05-04-23, 07:27 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,274 Likes on 1,620 Posts

@pgray5 - The 8976A-***** TMPS Sensor Transponder Module is mounted behind the dash near the instrument cluster and there are four 89760-***** receiver/antenna assembly units associated with the system along with some other additional connection devices.

Last edited by bclexus; 05-04-23 at 08:58 AM. Reason: orthography
The following users liked this post:
NJLEXES (05-05-23)
Old 05-04-23, 10:59 AM
SiRMarlon
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Just to piggy back on this thread so I don't have to start a new one. I just got a 2015 GS F-Sport and I am not getting a reading from any of the tires on my display? Is there an easy way to check or try and reset the system to get them going?
Old 05-04-23, 02:03 PM
lexo98
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SiRMarlon
Just to piggy back on this thread so I don't have to start a new one. I just got a 2015 GS F-Sport and I am not getting a reading from any of the tires on my display? Is there an easy way to check or try and reset the system to get them going?
My pressures usually don’t come up until I drive at least a few feet.
Old 05-04-23, 03:35 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,274 Likes on 1,620 Posts

Originally Posted by lexo98
Usually the tire pressures display within a few seconds or by traveling 30 feet or less. But cooler and cold temperatures have been noted to cause the tire pressure not to display for a period of time, sometimes for weeks - then when it warms up, they display again.
Old 05-04-23, 03:40 PM
SiRMarlon
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lexo98
Just tried to answer your PM but looks like you box is full.

Originally Posted by bclexus
Usually the tire pressures display within a few seconds or by traveling 30 feet or less. But cooler and cold temperatures have been noted to cause the tire pressure not to display for a period of time, sometimes for weeks - then when it warms up, they display again.
Okay I will have to give this a try, I've been just cycling through the little display and noticed it never showed anything. I'll set the display to the TPMS on my way home from work today and see if it displays anything. I'll chime in a little later with results.
Old 05-04-23, 04:07 PM
lexo98
Pole Position

Just tried to answer your PM but looks like you box is full.

Okay I will have to give this a try, I've been just cycling through the little display and noticed it never showed anything. I'll set the display to the TPMS on my way home from work today and see if it displays anything. I'll chime in a little later with results.
My bad I cleaned it up a bit. Try again
Old 05-04-23, 08:19 PM
SiRMarlon
Driver School Candidate

So I drove about 25 miles back home from work, I set the TPMS monitor on the display and never once got a reading. So I am not sure what is going on with this thing.
Old 05-05-23, 07:10 AM
MX73
Racer

Received 292 Likes on 226 Posts

So I drove about 25 miles back home from work, I set the TPMS monitor on the display and never once got a reading. So I am not sure what is going on with this thing.
Are aftermarket sensors installed?
Old 05-05-23, 08:35 AM
KingRaptor
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had that happen on my 2013 GS350 where the TPMS page on the center-dash screen stopped displaying pressures (just showed dashes). It started intermittently when the temperatures decreased heading into winter and then stopped displaying completely. Eventually, the TPMS light blinked for 30 seconds on vehicle start up which indicated a communication malfunction in the overall TPMS system. Usually, this is cased by a dead or dying TPMS battery - the overall Lexus/Toyota TPMS system is pretty robust and not known to have systemic issues.

To verify, you can hook up a scan tool to the OBD2 port and try to get readings from each sensor. For my case, 3 of the sensors were still reporting pressure but a 4th sensor had no communication. I theorized that the battery in that TPMS sensor died (car was 10 years old with 100K miles on original sensors) - with colder temperatures, it had gotten weak so transmission was becoming intermittent until the battery eventually gave out. I went on Amazon and got Denso (the OE supplier for my GS350's TPMS) sensors. I then deflated each tire a different amount to triangulate which wheel had the dead sensor and took that wheel to a tire shop to replace the TPMS. Once replaced, I used the scan tool to program in the new sensor's ID (the IDs are printed on the sensor) and then all the pressures came back on the center-dash TPMS screen.

Not saying there's nothing wrong with your overall TPMS system, but I would suspect it's a dead battery in one of the sensors inside a wheel. It's also important to note that programming in the sensor ID was tricky; I read online some people used a wireless TPMS scanner to read IDs, but I did not do that. I read and compared the ID printed on the old and new sensor to figure out what I needed to edit with my scan tool. It wasn't a hard process; just needed to be logical and methodical when approaching it. The hardest part for me was needing to go to a shop to dismount the tire to get to the sensor...
Old 05-05-23, 08:52 AM
SiRMarlon
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MX73
Are aftermarket sensors installed?
Not sure I've only had the car for about a week now.

Originally Posted by KingRaptor
I had that happen on my 2013 GS350 where the TPMS page on the center-dash screen stopped displaying pressures (just showed dashes). It started intermittently when the temperatures decreased heading into winter and then stopped displaying completely. Eventually, the TPMS light blinked for 30 seconds on vehicle start up which indicated a communication malfunction in the overall TPMS system. Usually, this is cased by a dead or dying TPMS battery - the overall Lexus/Toyota TPMS system is pretty robust and not known to have systemic issues.

To verify, you can hook up a scan tool to the OBD2 port and try to get readings from each sensor. For my case, 3 of the sensors were still reporting pressure but a 4th sensor had no communication. I theorized that the battery in that TPMS sensor died (car was 10 years old with 100K miles on original sensors) - with colder temperatures, it had gotten weak so transmission was becoming intermittent until the battery eventually gave out. I went on Amazon and got Denso (the OE supplier for my GS350's TPMS) sensors. I then deflated each tire a different amount to triangulate which wheel had the dead sensor and took that wheel to a tire shop to replace the TPMS. Once replaced, I used the scan tool to program in the new sensor's ID (the IDs are printed on the sensor) and then all the pressures came back on the center-dash TPMS screen.

Not saying there's nothing wrong with your overall TPMS system, but I would suspect it's a dead battery in one of the sensors inside a wheel. It's also important to note that programming in the sensor ID was tricky; I read online some people used a wireless TPMS scanner to read IDs, but I did not do that. I read and compared the ID printed on the old and new sensor to figure out what I needed to edit with my scan tool. It wasn't a hard process; just needed to be logical and methodical when approaching it. The hardest part for me was needing to go to a shop to dismount the tire to get to the sensor...
Hmmmm .... I'll have to hook up an OBDII scanner and see if the sensors are reporting correctly and take it from there.