GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2015 gs350 or 2019 es350 f sport?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-23, 09:27 AM
ninaminama
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2015 gs350 or 2019 es350 f sport?

Hey club lexus! Its been a long time since I have been active on this forum, last time I was here was 2016.

I really need some advice:

2015 gs 350 or 2019 es 350 F sport

So this is currently my 3rd gs 350. I had a 3rd gen gray but it leaked oil so badly it stink like rotten eggs when the car would speed up so I was able to trade it for this current white 4th gen I am in now. Before that GRAY 3RD GEN I had a white 2nd gen. I’m really a GS girl my mom always bought es as I was growing up and I would always be like get a GS the ES is for people up in age (no offense lol and now I want one). But the way the body of the new es looks (sporty and aggressive) I’m considering trading this 2015 gs 350 for a 2019 es 350 f sport.

I currently owe the same amount as the 2015 is worth about 13k. My mom said I should pay it off and sell it but I feel that the value would go down because of added miles I’m currently at 145,000. I bought it used with 40k miles and it been very good to me, however small things like flickering headlights and squeaks here and there have me wondering if I should trade it while I can. I bought it for 28k and owe 13k. I feel like I got about 15k worth out of it, so before I start having to fix things here and there and there……I have done the regular maintenance tune up and oil change.

Now I do like the gs especially since it is not being made anymore.

There are a few things I am considering. In the 2015 gs I have a rear sun shade and the button press to close the trunk, I also like the display screen I feel like the es screen may be prone to sun damage eventually because it kind sticks out to me as opposed to the 2015 gs screen.

Now I like the es 350 because it is an f sport which ive never had before and that it also uses regular gas as opposed to the gs I always use 91 gas.

I actually had the es as a loaner and I liked how smooth it drove but couldn’t wait to get back into my gs.

So what should I do? HOLD ON THE 2015 GS350 OR TRADE IT FOR THE 2019 ES 350 F SPORT ASKING PRICE IS 36K.

I feel if I get the 2019 es 350 fsport it would hold better value in the long run and I kind of get a new car since the dealer has to get it in the right condition to sell it. Im not desperate as I am very happy and would be sad to let my gs go but just trying to figure out some options.I don’t mind paying more than the 345 I currently pay for a newer car but I am also content with not doing so either of that makes sense….okay enough rambling lol

I asked a service tech guy at the Lexus dealer should I trade my gs for the es that was there and he told me he would keep the GS….so I did a little longer and now im here soooo what do all think is the best option? THANK YOU & APPRECIATE YOU IN ADVANCE 😊
Old 05-23-23, 09:33 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,047 Likes on 662 Posts

Originally Posted by ninaminama
Hey club lexus! Its been a long time since I have been active on this forum, last time I was here was 2016.

I really need some advice:

2015 gs 350 or 2019 es 350 F sport

So this is currently my 3rd gs 350. I had a 3rd gen gray but it leaked oil so badly it stink like rotten eggs when the car would speed up so I was able to trade it for this current white 4th gen I am in now. Before that GRAY 3RD GEN I had a white 2nd gen. I’m really a GS girl my mom always bought es as I was growing up and I would always be like get a GS the ES is for people up in age (no offense lol and now I want one). But the way the body of the new es looks (sporty and aggressive) I’m considering trading this 2015 gs 350 for a 2019 es 350 f sport.

I currently owe the same amount as the 2015 is worth about 13k. My mom said I should pay it off and sell it but I feel that the value would go down because of added miles I’m currently at 145,000. I bought it used with 40k miles and it been very good to me, however small things like flickering headlights and squeaks here and there have me wondering if I should trade it while I can. I bought it for 28k and owe 13k. I feel like I got about 15k worth out of it, so before I start having to fix things here and there and there……I have done the regular maintenance tune up and oil change.

Now I do like the gs especially since it is not being made anymore.

There are a few things I am considering. In the 2015 gs I have a rear sun shade and the button press to close the trunk, I also like the display screen I feel like the es screen may be prone to sun damage eventually because it kind sticks out to me as opposed to the 2015 gs screen.

Now I like the es 350 because it is an f sport which ive never had before and that it also uses regular gas as opposed to the gs I always use 91 gas.

I actually had the es as a loaner and I liked how smooth it drove but couldn’t wait to get back into my gs.

So what should I do? HOLD ON THE 2015 GS350 OR TRADE IT FOR THE 2019 ES 350 F SPORT ASKING PRICE IS 36K.

I feel if I get the 2019 es 350 fsport it would hold better value in the long run and I kind of get a new car since the dealer has to get it in the right condition to sell it. Im not desperate as I am very happy and would be sad to let my gs go but just trying to figure out some options.I don’t mind paying more than the 345 I currently pay for a newer car but I am also content with not doing so either of that makes sense….okay enough rambling lol

I asked a service tech guy at the Lexus dealer should I trade my gs for the es that was there and he told me he would keep the GS….so I did a little longer and now im here soooo what do all think is the best option? THANK YOU & APPRECIATE YOU IN ADVANCE 😊
I think you already have the answer. If anything, trade it in for a newer GS! A 2019 FSport would be a good choice.
Old 05-23-23, 09:39 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,030 Posts

If you are enjoying the GS but it's getting a bit tired, maybe look for another GS? I'm seeing several available GSs in the $35k ball park, years 2017 and 2018, with about 30k miles on them. Something to consider?
The following users liked this post:
ninaminama (05-23-23)
Old 05-23-23, 11:23 AM
Intermediate

Received 116 Likes on 92 Posts

Agreed. Get a newer GS or try test driving a newer LS.
Old 05-23-23, 11:38 AM
Nalod
Advanced

Received 314 Likes on 196 Posts

I suppose you get a different response in the ES forums?
Old 05-23-23, 01:56 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,354 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Originally Posted by Nalod
I suppose you get a different response in the ES forums?
You beat me to saying it, especially comparing the 7th Gen ES to a 4th Gen GS.

This line here in the op's 1st post tells the answer. - "but couldn’t wait to get back into my gs".
Old 05-23-23, 02:30 PM
Nalod
Advanced

Received 314 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by jgscott
You beat me to saying it, especially comparing the 7th Gen ES to a 4th Gen GS.

This line here in the op's 1st post tells the answer. - "but couldn’t wait to get back into my gs".
We get all kinds of funny stuff in the LS500 forum also about ES choices. Funny when one dude who loves to advocate for the ES AGAINST the LS500 as he had one, and all the reasons why he moved to the ES.
Its really quite funny. LS500 new costs twice what an ES does. Its apples and oranges. Like telling us the VW Arteon vs the Audi A8. Im all for dudes being happy but the seriousness is quite amusing.
As for the GS, I loved the fit and finish of my 2020 and the few ES loaners, as good looking as the bodies were never came close to the vibe of the GS. Amenities perhaps but the drive on the GS was different.
I won't slap down any other vehicle. Just drive the damn things and if you want it, do it. But don't expect objectivity.
ninaminama (05-23-23)
Old 05-23-23, 04:18 PM
ninaminama
Rookie

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
I think you already have the answer. If anything, trade it in for a newer GS! A 2019 FSport would be a good choice.
I looked it up I don’t care for the tail lights but from this feedback I’m going to keep my gs I also feel better knowing that it will hold its value if I want to sell it to a private buyer and switch to the es f sport….from this I also started to learn the difference between fwd and rwd…..when you drive do you feel a difference between the two?
Old 05-23-23, 04:22 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ninaminama
I looked it up I don’t care for the tail lights but from this feedback I’m going to keep my gs I also feel better knowing that it will hold its value if I want to sell it to a private buyer and switch to the es f sport….from this I also started to learn the difference between fwd and rwd…..when you drive do you feel a difference between the two?
Absolutely. We have a 2021 ES350 FSport in the family and I still like my GS better, even after 4 years of owning it. Drive both hard and really spend time with them (more than 15 mins) and you will see that these cars may look similar but they're totally different under the skin.
JDR76 (05-23-23)
Old 05-23-23, 04:28 PM
ninaminama
Rookie

Originally Posted by Nalod
We get all kinds of funny stuff in the LS500 forum also about ES choices. Funny when one dude who loves to advocate for the ES AGAINST the LS500 as he had one, and all the reasons why he moved to the ES.
Its really quite funny. LS500 new costs twice what an ES does. Its apples and oranges. Like telling us the VW Arteon vs the Audi A8. Im all for dudes being happy but the seriousness is quite amusing.
As for the GS, I loved the fit and finish of my 2020 and the few ES loaners, as good looking as the bodies were never came close to the vibe of the GS. Amenities perhaps but the drive on the GS was different.
I won't slap down any other vehicle. Just drive the damn things and if you want it, do it. But don't expect objectivity.
another person mentioned switching out the shocks and tires on my gs to get a smoother ride….it’s crazy because it is like apples and oranges but I love both lol growing up I always got to drive my moms es 300 or 330 and it was such a smooth ride the car is light and quick if need be but I’m not a speeder really either but sometimes you need that extra oomph in traffic especially when someone doesn’t want to let me over lol I show ‘‘em what this Lexus he can do safely…. But the gs is more rigid if I’m making sense….the es gave me a comfortable ride I enjoy driving it…I could just be use to driving my gs I got it Jan 2019…but like I said es is a smooth ride but idk if I can or want to commit to that especially with someone having said that smooth ride doesn’t last long lol I am attached to my gs I started a new job oct 2018 so I’ve really worked for it and it’s been good to me. I want to paint the rims black eventually.
Old 05-23-23, 04:35 PM
ninaminama
Rookie

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
Absolutely. We have a 2021 ES350 FSport in the family and I still like my GS better, even after 4 years of owning it. Drive both hard and really spend time with them (more than 15 mins) and you will see that these cars may look similar but they're totally different under the skin.
I absolutely agree I had the es for a loaner for about 3 days so it was nice I noticed differences….I don’t care for the updated track pad thing I like the toggle….. but the es didn’t make driving far bothersome and maybe because it wasn’t mine lol but I just missed my car and when I got it back it drove differently because of the service it had done but also just felt different my kids even said it before I did out loud that’s they like our car better lol I said yea those use to be old lady cars it looks nice the es I’m speaking of looks kinda squished down but it’s wide and the front and back design kinda gives off a bigger gs
Old 05-23-23, 04:38 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

I think the 2019+ GS FSport will fit u best. It can be a buttery smooth, lazy, and comfy cruiser in normal mode but can transform into a fun machine in S+ and manual mode. It's really like owning 2 different cars. They retuned the suspensions for these years.
The following 2 users liked this post by ItzFilyO:
gaki (05-25-23), ninaminama (05-23-23)
Old 05-23-23, 04:40 PM
ninaminama
Rookie

Originally Posted by 909
Agreed. Get a newer GS or try test driving a newer LS.
Soooo I actually do like the LS but financially I couldn’t afford one right now but I like how they look right I’m not sure the difference in years and body style because I haven’t been interested in one to compare….but I’ve seen some bad a** ones. But that’s just a lot of car too idk if I want a Lexus sedan that big. Really and truly the price always made me steer clear of them and it’s always been me and my daughter and then son so I try to stay within my means too yk
Old 05-25-23, 03:14 PM
gaki
Driver

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm probably going to catch some hate for this, but IMO the ES looks cheap compared to the GS of the same year.
jptwo3 (05-26-23)
Old 05-25-23, 07:46 PM
Intermediate

Received 116 Likes on 92 Posts

No hate. In fact this is the one of the rare times the GS350 crew is united and is in agreement that our car is the real deal .
ninaminama (05-26-23)

Quick Reply: 2015 gs350 or 2019 es350 f sport?