GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Dealer holding my car for week+ for oil change and CSSP for the servo

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-23, 01:48 PM
jms123
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Dealer holding my car for week+ for oil change and CSSP for the servo

I dropped my car off at the dealer today and they gave me a loaner. I was expected it to be for the day but the service rep told me at least a week because they are backed up. Just getting an oil change and wanted them to inspect the the servo b/c their is a cssp that is about to expire. I would think rather than storing my car for a week and providing me with a loaner , they would just have me bring my car in a week later. Anyway, it is what it is and I get to put mileage on their car for a week rather than mine.
Old 05-27-23, 05:27 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,320 Likes on 1,051 Posts

Likely the Holiday back up and lots of ppl taking off work short handed. Which Dealer?
Old 05-27-23, 08:54 PM
jms123
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by jgscott
Likely the Holiday back up and lots of ppl taking off work short handed. Which Dealer?
My point being was why take my care to have it sit in a lot for a week and foot the cost of a loaner , when they could have just had me drop off my vehicle when it was closer to them being able to do the work
Old 05-28-23, 05:26 AM
er34
Instructor

Received 257 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by jms123
My point being was why take my care to have it sit in a lot for a week and foot the cost of a loaner , when they could have just had me drop off my vehicle when it was closer to them being able to do the work
Service manager gets to drive a Lexus GS instead of a Nissan loaner. I would've said no thanks and brought it back in a week.
Old 05-28-23, 07:32 AM
jkeller
Advanced

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

I'd be thinking road trip😎
Old 05-28-23, 08:07 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,100 Likes on 1,495 Posts

Maybe you missed his point or his assertion to you - that him offering you a loaner was his way of making a kindhearted gesture, a way of thanking you for your business.
The following users liked this post:
jkeller (05-28-23)
Old 05-28-23, 08:34 AM
er34
Instructor

Originally Posted by bclexus
Maybe you missed his point or his assertion to you - that him offering you a loaner was his way of making a kindhearted gesture, a way of thanking you for your business.
That would depend on what kind of loaner now right? If it's a LC or LS, sure. OP didn't specify.
Old 05-28-23, 08:47 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by er34
That would depend on what kind of loaner now right? If it's a LC or LS, sure. OP didn't specify.
Not at all, in my view. He could have said; Sorry, we can't schedule you until next week. Instead, with Memorial Day weekend here and most Americans attending various activities, I'll give you a Lexus loaner to enjoy. I think expecting a LC or LS loaner is absurd.
Old 05-28-23, 08:52 AM
jms123
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by er34
Not at all, in my view. He could have said; Sorry, we can't schedule you until next week. Instead, with Memorial Day weekend here and most Americans attending various activities, I'll give you a Lexus loaner to enjoy. I think expecting a LC or LS loaner is absurd.
Nah, blue Lexus ES - pretty basic. Apart from Android Auto my GS-350 F-Sport from 2016 is nicer

And the dealers name and advertisement is plastered over the rear windshield
Old 05-28-23, 08:59 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Nah, blue Lexus ES - pretty basic. Apart from Android Auto my GS-350 F-Sport from 2016 is nicer

And the dealers name and advertisement is plastered over the rear windshield
His decision could have been that you didn't get a loaner. Would that have been better for you?
Old 05-28-23, 09:18 AM
jms123
Pit Crew

His decision could have been that you didn't get a loaner. Would that have been better for you?
What is with the attitude?
I am replying to posts.
I started the thread because I didnt get why the service rep had me bring my car in a week early before they could have worked on it. Its a fair question. Technically there is no reason why I should not be in my own car right now , bring my car to the dealer in a week.

ER34 was saying it would depend on the loaner, I guess I could have asked for an LS but I didnt but the ES I got would not make me want to buy another Lexus, my friend's Hyundai is nicer on the inside

Last edited by jms123; 05-28-23 at 09:23 AM.
Old 05-28-23, 02:45 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

What is with the attitude?
I am replying to posts.
I started the thread because I didnt get why the service rep had me bring my car in a week early before they could have worked on it. Its a fair question. Technically there is no reason why I should not be in my own car right now , bring my car to the dealer in a week.

ER34 was saying it would depend on the loaner, I guess I could have asked for an LS but I didnt but the ES I got would not make me want to buy another Lexus, my friend's Hyundai is nicer on the inside
What's up with the complaining? The Lexus dealer was cordial enough to treat you to a free loaner car for a week which includes a holiday weekend, no less. I'd say he treated you pretty good! I really don't see that you have anything to complain about, yet you are...
NJLEXES (05-30-23)
Old 05-28-23, 05:16 PM
jms123
Pit Crew

What's up with the complaining? The Lexus dealer was cordial enough to treat you to a free loaner car for a week which includes a holiday weekend, no less. I'd say he treated you pretty good! I really don't see that you have anything to complain about, yet you are...
You sound like a real knucklehead. Do you work for Lexus or something? Otherwise your obnoxious attitude makes no sense. I don't need a loaner, there is no reason for the dealer to take my own car away for me for an extra week for no reason - thats what this thread is about . I could have dropped off my car a week later and had use of it. If you dont have something helpful to say, GTFO.
Old 05-28-23, 06:17 PM
er34
Instructor

We don't pay all this money just to drive a loaner.. BMW might be the better deal by your logic as you will be spending more time driving the loaner than you'd drive your own.
jms123 (05-29-23)
Old 05-28-23, 06:19 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

You sound like a real knucklehead. Do you work for Lexus or something? Otherwise your obnoxious attitude makes no sense. I don't need a loaner, there is no reason for the dealer to take my own car away for me for an extra week for no reason - thats what this thread is about . I could have dropped off my car a week later and had use of it. If you dont have something helpful to say, GTFO.
Hoping you find mental health care helpful... Good luck to you! You'll definitely need it!

Quick Reply: Dealer holding my car for week+ for oil change and CSSP for the servo