GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Wont start! But cranks! No communication! Cluster not working!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-23, 02:02 PM
Ademk123
2nd gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wont start! But cranks! No communication! Cluster not working!

hello everyone i own a 2013 lexus gs350 luxury model and i was doing a little mod in the front end that involved a fuse tap. i accidentally made it spark while the car was running (it was tapped into the ignition fuse on the driver side of the car) and while the motor was running it died when it sparked and after that the car hasn’t been able to start only crank. radio works everything works how it should but the cluster when i click the button it should go to “Power On” mode and then a second click should initiate Accessory mode which my car will not do the cluster will not do the sweep nor turn on at all it is stuck on the “Power On” mode. Also No communication with a scanner

i have charged the battery and did replaced the dead IGN fuse and checked all other fuses to find nothing else. i have been going at this for a couple days now and have really no other options but to ask for some help on here. i’m in the DFW area but if someone anywhere knows or has had a similar issue please reach out.
Old 06-10-23, 06:51 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,175 Likes on 1,558 Posts

@Ademk123 - I presume the IGN fuse you replaced had a visibly open (a.k.a. blown) fuse link, right?

It sounds like the fuel injectors are not receiving their trigger voltage signal to inject fuel. But there may be something more beyond just the IGN fuse you replaced that pertains to the ignition that is amiss.

Check the EFI fuse to see it it may be open (blown). Also, after replacing that fuse - if it is open (blown) - if the engine still won't start try swapping the EFI relay with another like relay (just like it) from the same fuse compartment.

Also, don't just look for the fuse dedicated for EFI, look also for EFI Main, EFI No.2, ETCS and INJ as well. In fact, it's best to check all the 10 amp, 20 amp and 25 amp fuses to see if any are blown (open).

It sounds like when you shorted-out the ignition switch wiring it may have taken-out the EFI fuse because the EFI circuit is closely associated with the IGN circuit, as are the relays.

I rather doubt your careless wiring mishap wiped-out something like the ECU or anything else that would be problematic to troubleshoot or expensive to replace. Let's hope not...

Last edited by bclexus; 06-12-23 at 05:35 AM. Reason: orthography
Old 06-11-23, 09:41 PM
Ademk123
2nd gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixed!

Originally Posted by bclexus
@Ademk123 - I presume the IGN fuse you replaced had a visibly open (a.k.a. blown) fuse link, right?

It sounds like the fuel injectors are not receiving their trigger voltage signal to inject fuel. But the may be something more beyond the IGN fuse you replaced pertaining to the ignition that is amiss.

Check the EFI fuse to see it it may be open (blown). Also, after replacing that fuse - if it is open (blown) - if the engine still won't start try swapping the EFI relay with another like relay (just like it) from the same fuse compartment.

Also, don't just look for the fuse dedicated for EFI, look also for EFI Main, EFI No.2, ETCS and INJ as well. In fact, it's best to check all the 10 amp, 20 amp and 25 amp fuses to see if any are blown (open).

It sounds like when you shorted-out the ignition switch wiring it may have taken-out the EFI fuse because the EFI circuit is closely associated with the IGN circuit, as are the relays.

I rather doubt your careless wiring mishap wiped-out something like the ECU or anything else that would be problematic to troubleshoot or expensive to replace. Let's hope not...
Thank you buddy after another day of messing with it and taking the fuse box apart i got it up and running again! i will make sure to disconnect the battery next time 🤧
The following users liked this post:
bclexus (06-12-23)
Old 06-12-23, 07:24 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,175 Likes on 1,558 Posts

Originally Posted by Ademk123
Thank you buddy after another day of messing with it and taking the fuse box apart i got it up and running again! i will make sure to disconnect the battery next time 🤧
@Ademk123 - You're welcome! Glad you got it running again.

What did you have to do to get it running?
Old 06-12-23, 05:50 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,354 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Fuel pump fuse was blown?