GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

How do I wipe out all the radio presets?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-23, 10:36 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,047 Likes on 662 Posts
Default How do I wipe out all the radio presets?

No, I'm not getting rid of my GS. Just want to start fresh, since I have a lot of junk stations and I want it to be clean instead of replacing them with unused radio stations.

Does the 'Delete Personal Data' wipe out the station presets too? Do we even have this feature in our GS? I haven't messed with the nav settings in a long time so I don't really remember.

And what else do I lose by deleting personal data?
Old 06-21-23, 11:06 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,101 Likes on 1,496 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
No, I'm not getting rid of my GS. Just want to start fresh, since I have a lot of junk stations and I want it to be clean instead of replacing them with unused radio stations.

Does the 'Delete Personal Data' wipe out the station presets too? Do we even have this feature in our GS? I haven't messed with the nav settings in a long time so I don't really remember.

And what else do I lose by deleting personal data?
@ItzFilyO - Don't delete personal data. You'll want to keep that.

I do not think there is any way to delete radio presets. You can overwrite them with new stations. However, you can remove stations in groups of six. If, for example, you currently have three groups of six stations, then you have 18 presets. You can remove a couple of the groups of six so scrolling via your steering wheel will only be for the remaining groups you elect to keep.
Old 06-21-23, 11:55 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

What does the Delete Personal Data actually delete? I don't mind losing my saved addresses and paired phones, I can restore them easily, just want the whole thing cleaned.
Old 06-21-23, 12:03 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

What does the Delete Personal Data actually delete? I don't mind losing my saved addresses and paired phones, I can restore them easily, just want the whole thing cleaned.
That pretty much wipes everything clean like the car was when it was brand new.

All the following will be erased:
  • Phonebook data
  • Phone sound settings
  • Call history data
  • Audio/video setting
  • Customized image data
  • Last used radio station
  • FM info setting
  • Contact List
  • Call history setting
  • Phone display setting
  • Messaging setting
The following 2 users liked this post by bclexus:
Im2bz2p345 (06-22-23), ItzFilyO (06-21-23)
Old 06-21-23, 12:08 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

OK that sounds like the one I need. Let me go to the garage and give it a try. Thanks BC!!
Old 06-21-23, 12:14 PM
PGA71
Intermediate

Received 403 Likes on 230 Posts
Thumbs down

OK that sounds like the one I need. Let me go to the garage and give it a try. Thanks BC!!
You will need to reprogram to add your garage opener, phones bluetooth, etc.

Remember to do this when you sell your car or the next owner can use Nav to drive to your home and open the garage doors.
The following 2 users liked this post by PGA71:
bclexus (06-21-23), Im2bz2p345 (06-22-23)
Old 06-21-23, 12:18 PM
Intermediate

Received 116 Likes on 92 Posts

My car had the old owners address.
Old 06-21-23, 01:12 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 909
My car had the old owners address.
Did you drive on over and rob them blind? That's what freely happens in Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles and others parts where law and order is known to be purposely lacking.

Old 06-21-23, 02:00 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,323 Likes on 1,052 Posts

I wanted to delete old station one day myself like Sat radio station numbers that moved, and could not figure it out either? Delete personal deletes all stored and input info like mpg, trips dest, and all other stored like Home. Not sure about Radio/Sat? I think I will try when I get a change. If you do it 1st let me know?
Old 06-21-23, 03:01 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Okay, I finally wiped out my GS. That 'Delete Personal Data' is exactly the one I needed. It cleaned up the Nav addresses and radio info but none of the other settings and garage door still works. That one u have to hold the outside buttons on the mirror for 30+ secs to clear it up, it's not linked to the car's Nav system.

The stuff that got wiped out are:

- Bluetooth paired devices
- Phone stuff (phonebook, favorites, etc.)
- Radio presets
- Audio settings (Bass, Treble, Mid, etc.)
- Positions of audio device icons under 'Source' menu
- Navigation addresses, previous destinations, home and favorites

Other nav settings like traffic, MPG calculator, and trip info did not get reset, which is good. Upon reconnecting my phone to the nav system, there was an Enform update that popped up on the car's screen so I updated it. Not sure what got updated since the last time I did it but everything seems to be working fine. Things like Alexa, Yelp, iHeartRadio, etc all works. So it's all good to me and my radio presets are clean again.

My battery died while I was re-entering addresses so I got to use the Amazon battery jumper that I got a while back and it worked and so easy to use. When the battery was dying, the nav crapped out first, then the whole car started to fade out. It wouldn't even crank and just made a some weird and scary noises and the interior lights were flickering like crazy. Basically the whole car went nuts! lol

Last edited by ItzFilyO; 06-21-23 at 03:05 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Im2bz2p345 (06-22-23)
Old 06-21-23, 05:10 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Okay, I finally wiped out my GS. That 'Delete Personal Data' is exactly the one I needed. It cleaned up the Nav addresses and radio info but none of the other settings and garage door still works. That one u have to hold the outside buttons on the mirror for 30+ secs to clear it up, it's not linked to the car's Nav system.

The stuff that got wiped out are:

- Bluetooth paired devices
- Phone stuff (phonebook, favorites, etc.)
- Radio presets
- Audio settings (Bass, Treble, Mid, etc.)
- Positions of audio device icons under 'Source' menu
- Navigation addresses, previous destinations, home and favorites

Other nav settings like traffic, MPG calculator, and trip info did not get reset, which is good. Upon reconnecting my phone to the nav system, there was an Enform update that popped up on the car's screen so I updated it. Not sure what got updated since the last time I did it but everything seems to be working fine. Things like Alexa, Yelp, iHeartRadio, etc all works. So it's all good to me and my radio presets are clean again.

My battery died while I was re-entering addresses so I got to use the Amazon battery jumper that I got a while back and it worked and so easy to use. When the battery was dying, the nav crapped out first, then the whole car started to fade out. It wouldn't even crank and just made a some weird and scary noises and the interior lights were flickering like crazy. Basically the whole car went nuts! lol
@ItzFilyO - The car's electrical system is designed to time-out and shut down after the Power-on/Accessory has been On for about 20 minutes. The same for an open door or open trunk. It's designed to save the battery, so I rather doubt your battery actually died - it probably just timed-out on you as you were re-entering addresses without the engine running.

Did you get my home address re-entered in your NAV?
Old 06-21-23, 05:58 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

No, this thing really died, the power seat didn't even move and the engine didn't crank. I know about the 15-20 min auto shutoff and this is different. I did get the low battery warning on the little screen by the tachometer a few minutes before it died, which is new and I've never seen that before in any cars I've owned.

The battery is 4 years old and I only drive the GS once a week for 2 hrs round trip so maybe the battery isn't getting the full charge like it used to pre-covid, when I drove it every day.
Im2bz2p345 (06-22-23)
Old 06-21-23, 07:15 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

No, this thing really died, the power seat didn't even move and the engine didn't crank. I know about the 15-20 min auto shutoff and this is different. I did get the low battery warning on the little screen by the tachometer a few minutes before it died, which is new and I've never seen that before in any cars I've owned.

The battery is 4 years old and I only drive the GS once a week for 2 hrs round trip so maybe the battery isn't getting the full charge like it used to pre-covid, when I drove it every day.
Time to trade her in?
Old 06-21-23, 07:43 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

RCF has been calling my name. But I still like this GS.
bclexus (06-22-23)
Old 06-21-23, 08:13 PM
Jakerin
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by bclexus
Did you drive on over and rob them blind? That's what freely happens in Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles and others parts where law and order is known to be purposely lacking.

Dallas eh? Safer than 4% of U.S. neighborhoods. Jus sayin…

Quick Reply: How do I wipe out all the radio presets?