GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Sorry boys, I did it again!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-23 | 02:21 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jgscott
Intake, Headers, Mid pipe, Axel back, Tune by Loi.... 60+ hp. = American Muscle car Killer. Nobody keeps a Lexus F car bone stock.

But don't touch the Lifetime Trans fluid ever, even tho there are already some RC F trans already needing replacing at a Lexus dealer quote of $10k.
Not fluid but the Transmission.
Old 08-02-23 | 09:59 PM
repugnante
Instructor

Congrats on your purchase! I gotta tell ya though...I am not a fan of this car. I personally feel like Lexus could've done more to compete with the Germans and it's not quite there. Is a matter of preference however.
Old 08-02-23 | 11:51 PM
Robertcave
Pit Crew

Well Done Mate Congrats from over the Pond That looks Some Unique Motor Car Enjoy, Nothing Pleases me more to be driving A Good Rare Car
I have Never seen one over here But even our 450s are rare here
Regards
Old 08-03-23 | 12:31 PM
Nunz
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
Okay so I got it yesterday and spent a good 2-3 hours driving it. Put over 100 miles already and averaging 24-29MPG cruising on the highway. Seriously surprised by this.

F cars are really in a different level than their counterparts. This thing feels like a tank! So planted at any speeds and any road surfaces, doesn't float at all and ride quality is very good for what it is. Just the way I like it. Sounds loud too inside the car. U know u have a monster under the hood driving this. GS350 was really quiet in comparison.

One thing I found odd though, my BSM and Auto High Beam buttons are reversed. Meaning that the BSM activates the Auto High Beam and AHB button activates BSM. What the F?!

Is this a mistake in programming at the factory? Can the dealer fix it with their Techstream stuff? I really hope they can. Probably a built-during-a-pandemic thing.

Other than that, everything else is really good. I forgot how tight and low the RC seats are compared to the GS. Back seat is good, the kiddo didn't complain and the only hassle was getting the actual baby seat in and out cause it's big. Anyone on the fence to go F, do it now before they disappear!!
Congrats on your new F, love Infrared on the RCFs! Definitely can relate to the feeling of when I got rid of my 350, was a bit sad on the final drive but the F cars are just a different animal. Enjoy being one of the few F cars you will see on the road, it is a great feeling at times. For all of your old speeding posts... you will notice it'll be easier + quicker to hit those numbers & beyond with ease

I am amazed you got 24-29mpg on the highway, were you only in ECO mode cause I want that highway MPG lol???? The best I got was 21mpg highway, typically I am only getting 11mpg in my GSF but I didn't buy it for its MPG haha. When you have time put your TVD in Track, change your mode to Sport+ then hold down the traction button for a few seconds to activate the F car's "Expert Mode" if you want to have some extra fun lolol
Old 08-03-23 | 04:50 PM
Lead Lap

The buttons are probably put in the wrong socket. Aren’t they just physical buttons that you can pry out and swap?

The most important question is - is it a rust bucket?
Old 08-07-23 | 11:28 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Robertcave
Well Done Mate Congrats from over the Pond That looks Some Unique Motor Car Enjoy, Nothing Pleases me more to be driving A Good Rare Car
I have Never seen one over here But even our 450s are rare here
Regards
Thank you, thank you!!! I agree, this car is very rare around here. One of the reasons I didn't go with Tesla cause I see way too many of them around. Nothing wrong with it but u do get bored after seeing 100s of the same as yours in a day. While everyone is going electric, I went V8.

Originally Posted by Nunz
Congrats on your new F, love Infrared on the RCFs! Definitely can relate to the feeling of when I got rid of my 350, was a bit sad on the final drive but the F cars are just a different animal. Enjoy being one of the few F cars you will see on the road, it is a great feeling at times. For all of your old speeding posts... you will notice it'll be easier + quicker to hit those numbers & beyond with ease

I am amazed you got 24-29mpg on the highway, were you only in ECO mode cause I want that highway MPG lol???? The best I got was 21mpg highway, typically I am only getting 11mpg in my GSF but I didn't buy it for its MPG haha. When you have time put your TVD in Track, change your mode to Sport+ then hold down the traction button for a few seconds to activate the F car's "Expert Mode" if you want to have some extra fun lolol
I was taking it real easy and mostly on a flat surface though but now that I've been driving this to work, on my normal commute, I'm only averaging 21-22 MPG, this is with having some fun when traffic clears up. When that engine starts revving, u don't remember MPG. This car is unreal. I thought my GS handled good but this is legit a roller coaster, it feel so planted under any road conditions, especially in the corners and it's not even the track edition.

Mine doesn't have TVD anymore, I think they took it away on the 2023 MY. Mine only has the Torsen LSD.

I've considered getting LS500 or IS500 but I knew I will never be happy with them. I really wanted a real F car and those FSports are not a real F car.

Originally Posted by 703
The buttons are probably put in the wrong socket. Aren’t they just physical buttons that you can pry out and swap?

The most important question is - is it a rust bucket?
It was in the wrong socket, my local dealer fixed it for free. I think the selling dealer didn't put it back correctly when they installed that alarm thing on all their cars.

Where is that guy with the rust bucket anyway? Haven't seen him around lately.
Old 08-07-23 | 12:41 PM
nigel821
Racer

Arrow

Originally Posted by jgscott
Intake, Headers, Mid pipe, Axel back, Tune by Loi.... 60+ hp. = American Muscle car Killer. Nobody keeps a Lexus F car bone stock.

But don't touch the Lifetime Trans fluid ever, even tho there are already some RC F trans already needing replacing at a Lexus dealer quote of $10k.
You can most definitely change the trans fluid. There's a whole process to doing it on TIS. So saying to never touch it is already spreading info that isn't correct.
Given most won't replace the fluid but like anything else, it will degrade at which point why not just do transmission fluid changes knowing you are maintain the car...etc. Totally get if one keeps the car 5 years then sells. But if someone is keeping the car for any amount of time then these are simple to do and it's not hard.

I plan on keeping my F for a long time... Hell, I still have my 05' STi. I keep cars and tend to not let them go, so there is no such thing as "life time" fluid... things don't work like that.

OP:
I was in the same boat as you. Didn't feel like I'd need to mod anything to the RCF. I ended up doing Figs lower control arm bushings (highly recommend mitigating the inner tire wear problem), Invidia cat back exhaust (you don't realize how muffled the car is from the factory), this is how the car should have sounded from day one. Not obnoxious at all. I added the inner door ambient lighting back. For some reason Lexus deemed that cool feature as a removal back in 2020...smh. I retro fitted power folding side mirrors (this is NOT cheap), and then misc little things. Nothing over the top. Still looks/acts OEM+ which was my goal.
Infrared is such a beautiful color. My brother in law just picked up a 2024 LC500 in the same color and it just pops. If I wasn't so into white cars, Infrared would have been a fantastic choice. USB is also a really cool color to see in person.

-Nigel
Old 08-07-23 | 01:40 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah that door ambient lighting is missing, I thought I had it before in my 2018 RC350. They also removed the memory seat for the 23 MY. This is not even an option anymore for the RC F. Regular RC still has it though.

They removed stuff for the newer models for sure but added better stuff too like newer nav system with touch screen and the new dash design from the latest IS and better self driving and safety features which I like.

Last edited by ItzFilyO; 08-07-23 at 01:45 PM.
The following users liked this post:
PANICiii (08-10-23)
Old 08-07-23 | 07:00 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

I think the selling dealer didn't put it back correctly when they installed that alarm thing on all their cars.
@ItzFilyO - I'm interested to know more about that 'alarm thing' you speak of. What is it?
jgscott (08-07-23)
Old 08-07-23 | 09:06 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

It's a dealer installed alarm that gets activated or disabled if u choose to pay or not to pay for it during signing. A lot of dealers are doing this now and some even added as part of a markup (aka: dealer installed options). I don't like any add ons on my cars but nothing I can do, especially on how rare the RC F is nowadays.
Old 08-08-23 | 06:06 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

@ItzFilyO - But what is it (e.g. activity) that actually activates the alarm?

Will a sneeze activate this alarm?
Old 08-08-23 | 11:07 AM
praetor
Racer

Jeez man. You change cars more than I change my underwear. Wait wat! LOL
Old 08-08-23 | 11:17 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Just can't pass up on a good opportunity!

I missed out on the MKIV Supra back in the day (still in elementary school) and missed out on the GSF and I'm not going to miss out again on this one now. Not interested in a Zupra that was not made by Toyota.

Last edited by ItzFilyO; 08-08-23 at 11:21 AM.
praetor (08-08-23)
Old 08-08-23 | 02:02 PM
wfibear
Pit Crew

Just can't pass up on a good opportunity!

I missed out on the MKIV Supra back in the day (still in elementary school) and missed out on the GSF and I'm not going to miss out again on this one now. Not interested in a Zupra that was not made by Toyota.
That RC F looks sick, I hope you enjoy it! How many cars have you had now? I lost count I remember your first GS you had back around the time I joined the forum in 2014 right after I got mine. Which I am still driving until I pick up my new IS500 this weekend. The GS stays in the family though, my wife will be driving it from now on
ItzFilyO (08-08-23)
Old 08-08-23 | 02:06 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by wfibear
That RC F looks sick, I hope you enjoy it! How many cars have you had now? I lost count I remember your first GS you had back around the time I joined the forum in 2014 right after I got mine. Which I am still driving until I pick up my new IS500 this weekend. The GS stays in the family though, my wife will be driving it from now on
Let's see if I can remember.

14 GS350 Premium, 14 GS350 FSport, 17 RC350 FSport, 18 RC350 FSport, 19 GS350 FSport, and now 23 RC F. The ES is just in the family but it doesn't belong to me so it doesn't count.

Hey congrats on ur IS500!!! Better get that V8 before they disappear! BEVs will be plenty in the future, that is if they don't go bust. Now it's not looking too good for EVs though, I heard they're piling up and nobody's buying, plus the randomly catching fire part.
wfibear (08-08-23)

Quick Reply: Sorry boys, I did it again!