GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Pirelli Cinturato P7 A/S still GTG? And current pricing

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-23, 08:13 PM
GoodRevs
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Pirelli Cinturato P7 A/S still GTG? And current pricing

It’s time to replace the Pirelli Cinturato P7 A/S on my 2016 GS non-Fsport AWD, they have 33k miles on them. The A/S appear to have been replaced by the A/S II and then A/S III. Are the A/S III as well liked as the originals were on our cars? What sort of prices are people getting for four of them installed and balanced? Looking to stick with the stock size on the stock 18” rims. Thanks
Old 11-15-23, 05:01 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,100 Likes on 1,495 Posts

The Pirelli Cinturato P7 A/S III here in the North Texas Metroplex area are priced at $214 each at Discount Tire before any extra cost items or sales tax is added.

The Pirelli Cinturato P7 A/S tires have a 70k mile warranty so you should get a healthy amount knocked off a new set for not getting near the warranted mileage...unless of course you're replacing them much earlier than necessary due to your area's typical weather conditions or because a poor alignment is wearing the tires badly.

Last edited by bclexus; 11-15-23 at 06:03 AM. Reason: orthography
Old 11-16-23, 09:43 AM
GoodRevs
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 27 Posts

The current Pirelli’s were done when the car was CPO’d. I do happen to have the work order as I asked to see what was done before I bought the car, plus I pulled the records on LexusDrivers site, but none of the paperwork I have specifies the exact tires installed, it all says “Replace 4 tires with LKQ or equivalent tires”. Maybe I’ll ask Pirelli if they’d accept that.
Old 11-16-23, 10:44 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GoodRevs
The current Pirelli’s were done when the car was CPO’d. I do happen to have the work order as I asked to see what was done before I bought the car, plus I pulled the records on LexusDrivers site, but none of the paperwork I have specifies the exact tires installed, it all says “Replace 4 tires with LKQ or equivalent tires”. Maybe I’ll ask Pirelli if they’d accept that.
LKQ stands for Like Kind and Quality

I'm confused. Your first post in this thread states you have Pirelli Cinturato P7 A/S tires. You should be able to just look at the tires to read which variant (Cinturato P7 A/S or Cinturato P7 A/S Plus or Cinturato P7 A/S Plus II or the newest P7 A/S Plus 3) of the Pirelli tire you have.

Pirelli seems to have dropped the 'Cinturato' model name for the newest P7 A/S 'Plus 3' tire variant.

Pirelli Cinturato P7 A/S
Pirelli Cinturato P7 A/S Plus
Pirelli Cinturato P7 A/S Plus II
Pirelli P7 A/S Plus 3

Last edited by bclexus; 11-16-23 at 12:06 PM. Reason: orthography
Old 11-19-23, 06:19 PM
rk1972
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Please consider the Pirelli P7 All Season Plus 3. There is no Cinturato in the name of this tire. I have them and find them to great in all respects. The Cinturato version of this tire is not the same, I had that tire on prior to the new P7. The Cinturato version was just terrible in the wet. Tire Rack has virtually the same review and negative comment about the Cinturato version. Pirelli's use of the Cinturato label simply means they are manufactured in the most environmentally way.
Old 11-19-23, 08:57 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,321 Likes on 1,051 Posts

Originally Posted by rk1972
Please consider the Pirelli P7 All Season Plus 3. There is no Cinturato in the name of this tire. I have them and find them to great in all respects. The Cinturato version of this tire is not the same, I had that tire on prior to the new P7. The Cinturato version was just terrible in the wet. Tire Rack has virtually the same review and negative comment about the Cinturato version. Pirelli's use of the Cinturato label simply means they are manufactured in the most environmentally way.
They are Cinturato's they are in the Pirelli Cinturato's Family name. Look on bottom left of Pirelli own website.

https://www.pirelli.com/tires/en-us/...roduct/p7-as-3
The following 2 users liked this post by jgscott:
bclexus (11-20-23), rk1972 (11-20-23)
Old 11-20-23, 01:06 AM
mostafa1989
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by GoodRevs
It’s time to replace the Pirelli Cinturato P7 A/S on my 2016 GS non-Fsport AWD, they have 33k miles on them. The A/S appear to have been replaced by the A/S II and then A/S III. Are the A/S III as well liked as the originals were on our cars? What sort of prices are people getting for four of them installed and balanced? Looking to stick with the stock size on the stock 18” rims. Thanks
have a look on this one, i was looking for same pirelli but i found this continental better and i bought a pair for my front wheels on gs350 F sport RWD

https://www.continental-tires.com/pr...miumcontact-6/
Old 11-20-23, 05:13 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jgscott
They are Cinturato's they are in the Pirelli Cinturato's Family name. Look on bottom left of Pirelli own website.

https://www.pirelli.com/tires/en-us/...roduct/p7-as-3
Correct, Jamie! Great tires!

► CINTURATO P7™ ALL SEASON PLUS CINTURATO P7™ (P7C2) P7™ AS PLUS 3
The following users liked this post:
jgscott (11-20-23)
Old 11-20-23, 05:01 PM
rk1972
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

PIRELLI CINTURATO™
PRODUCT FAMILY

Years of research and innovation have allowed Pirelli to create a full range of tires dedicated to those drivers who prefer to fit their vehicle with tires that have a low environmental impact.

This is where I read the reason for branding the CINTURATO "family" of tires.
Old 11-21-23, 12:16 AM
LexusGSboy
Instructor

Received 499 Likes on 267 Posts

From the other tire thread I commented on a month or so ago there are two different P7 tires. You'll see that they have different tire labels with different specs slightly. (Note that I'm comparing the stock 19" F Sport AWD size).

The Non-Cinturatos are simply P7 AS Plus 3 and have a UTQG rating of 800 A A
The Cinturatos are Cinturato P7 AS (could have a plus or plus 2 but there isn't a Plus 3 on this one) It has a UTQG rating of 500 A A

Information on the two tires seems to vary by site (Tirerack vs Pirelli) Tirerack shows the Cinturato having no milage warranty and the regular P7 has having a 70,000 mile warranty. Looking at Pirelli's site however, all P7s have a 70k warranty weather they're Cinturato or not.

Cinturato tires, as folks have pointed out, are their Eco Friendly line. Regular P7s are not Eco Friendly.

One tire is made in Brazil, the other tire is made in Romania. I forget which is which.

It's all a bit confusing.

And a quick edit....

What makes it even more confusing is that the P7 (without Cinturato in the name) is still found on Pirelli's site under the Cinturato "family"

I hate when the marketing/copyright folks get into this and have to come up with things to make it all sound more interesting that it is....just call the damn things the P7 and the P7G or P7 Eco (for green/eco ) so we know that they're pretty much the same tire just made slightly differently so that one is considered more green than the other. Whatever that is...I still can't say that after all the looking around that I did I could tell you exactly what the Eco means. Some things seem to make it sound like it has a more eco friendly manufacturing process, some things make it seem like the the materials might be slightly different (as in soy bean oil vs regular oil). Seems like all green washing to me and I'm generally one for trying to at least think about not being wasteful. (but you'll likely have to pry my ICE out of my cold dead hands).

Last edited by LexusGSboy; 11-21-23 at 12:29 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by LexusGSboy:
DaSyce (11-21-23), rk1972 (11-21-23)
Old 11-21-23, 06:05 PM
LexusGSboy
Instructor

Here's the four different tyre labels direct from Pirelli.... The Cinturato +2 didn't have a 235 40R19 so I picked the closest thing.

Note different speed ratings, treadwear ratings, and that one is not an XL. Oddly, H falls between U and V for speed ratings.

rk1972 (11-21-23)
Old 11-21-23, 06:11 PM
LexusGSboy
Instructor

And another piece of probably useless info but it appears the name goes back to the 50s and Cinturato (originally Cintura) has more to do with the heritage of the construction of the tire. The Eco side of things is just a new twist...

rk1972 (11-21-23)
Old 11-21-23, 09:49 PM
dezymond
Instructor

Received 467 Likes on 289 Posts

Had the Michelin A/S 3+ before, excellent tire but they wear out pretty quick. Now have a set of Yokohama Advan A/S and am happy with them. I feel they handle just as well as the Michelin A/S 3+, are quieter than the A/S 3+ (this is not just because they're newer tires), and they're cheaper than the Michelins. I liked the tire so much I recommended them on my dad's car which is a 2014 E350 and he says he's been happy with them.

I had the Cinturato P7 A/S on my old 2008 TL and really liked those tires as well. Too bad I only got about 2000mi out of them before that car got totaled by a drunk driver. I'd definitely consider Pirellis as well.
jgscott (11-23-23)
Old 11-22-23, 01:31 PM
LexusGSboy
Instructor

@dezymond - I'm needing tires and going back and forth. Both the Pirelli and Yoko are on my list.

I know it's not a direct comparison since your P7s were on a TL but if you had to replace tires on your GS right now, given what you know about both at this point - would you do the P7s or the Advans and why?
Old 11-22-23, 10:14 PM
dezymond
Instructor

Received 467 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusGSboy
@dezymond - I'm needing tires and going back and forth. Both the Pirelli and Yoko are on my list.

I know it's not a direct comparison since your P7s were on a TL but if you had to replace tires on your GS right now, given what you know about both at this point - would you do the P7s or the Advans and why?
Looking up both set of tires, I would personally stick with the Advans. #1 reason being, I already have them and am very happy with them AND they're significantly cheaper than the P7 A/S 3+.

I don't know how they stack up against each other, but the value of the Yokohamas is hard to ignore. When the time comes I may do more in-depth research into the Pirellis but from real world personal experience, I couldn't recommend the Yokohamas enough.

On my TL, the sidewalls were thicker so the P7s felt a bit floatier in comparison to the tire size on the GS. The P7s I remember being very quiet and smooth, handled well in the rain, but when you only go 2k miles on a set of tires they're still pretty much brand new. I would be happy to look at Pirelli again.

I have an ES 300h which already has almost 25k miles on it so am starting to look up eco tires for those. Am happy they came with Michelin Primacy MXM4s, very good tire imo. Way better than Bridgestones that were the other option.
jgscott (11-23-23)

Quick Reply: Pirelli Cinturato P7 A/S still GTG? And current pricing