GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Fender to Lip on 4GS Fitment Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-23, 10:26 AM
Abu
9th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Fender to Lip on 4GS Fitment Help

I have a 2015 GS350 F Sport AWD on RSR super downs rn but have had BCs with 10k Swifts for a few months just haven't gotten to installing them. During the winter since my stock tires are at like 20-30% tread left I wanted to shop around and get my new setup for when I go lower. Currently I have the stocks on the 235s they come with but with a 15mm spacer in the front and 20mm spacer in the rear. I'm looking into specs such as 19x9.5 +30(Or higher) with 235/40R19 and my spacers removed. I'm looking to obtain fender to lip but not like laying on the lip more so all tire tucked in the rear.

I've failed to see anyone else post their findings about specific proper fitment on this gen so based off my own observations 9.5 is the highest in the front with a higher offset you can go without going beyond natural camber and 10.5 in the rear in the same manner? AWD so I'm fine with squared and I want some tuck in the rear
Old 12-02-23, 12:05 PM
Abu
9th Gear

As always no one wants to provide input like the 4GS forums are dead
Old 12-02-23, 12:35 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,233 Likes on 1,593 Posts

Originally Posted by Abu
As always no one wants to provide input like the 4GS forums are dead
@Abu - Yeah boy - it's pretty dead alright. Only a few million views and thousands of replies recently. Your total of 3 posts helps the count! Many thanks!

Maybe the dude that posted this can help you with your wheel fender-to-lip and spacer fitment!

Last edited by bclexus; 12-02-23 at 04:35 PM. Reason: orthography
Old 12-02-23, 08:04 PM
Abu
9th Gear

Originally Posted by bclexus
@Abu - Yeah boy - it's pretty dead alright. Only a few million views and thousands of replies recently. Your total of 3 posts helps the count! Many thanks!

Maybe the dude that posted this can help you with your wheel fender-to-lip and spacer fitment!
alright hop off the horse since that isn’t a mentioned topic in that post just your stock superiority complaining about seeing a car that isn’t your cup of tea.
Old 12-03-23, 07:46 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,233 Likes on 1,593 Posts

Originally Posted by Abu
alright hop off the horse since that isn’t a mentioned topic in that post...

Old 12-03-23, 09:51 AM
Lanson
Intermediate

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

I know there isn't much in terms of precision measurements but there is quite a lot of fitment examples in the various related threads. I noticed a lack of certainty in fit when reading the threads as well, though plenty of trial and error as well as correction statements like "I had to go down to a 245..." So what I did was read through all the threads I could find, and I started building a fitment tracker using willtheyfit.com and the math provided for clearances, and checked everything against keyword searches in Google with those specific fitments. That led me usually to Fitment Industries and Custom Offset (same co) and all their fitment pics. And Audio City, though many of their fitment pics were, um...outside the envelope of taste, let's say.

As an AWD owner, I am also after a square fitment. I personally am interested in going as wide as possible for maximum grip and a meaty look. I am researching exactly what it takes to fit a 265/35R19 all around, and barring that, defaulting back down to a safe 255/35R19. 20's would naturally be harder without going down to 30 profile, which I'm not willing to do. Your mileage and desires may differ from mine.
Anyway, rolling fenders looks to be a requirement, at least in the front. There may also need to be some creative heat molding of the inner liner, which is 100% ok in my opinion, to fit the right way.

If it serves the community I can make my research file public as read-only. Just let me know!

Old 12-03-23, 10:53 PM
Abu
9th Gear

Originally Posted by fourthmeal
I know there isn't much in terms of precision measurements but there is quite a lot of fitment examples in the various related threads. I noticed a lack of certainty in fit when reading the threads as well, though plenty of trial and error as well as correction statements like "I had to go down to a 245..." So what I did was read through all the threads I could find, and I started building a fitment tracker using willtheyfit.com and the math provided for clearances, and checked everything against keyword searches in Google with those specific fitments. That led me usually to Fitment Industries and Custom Offset (same co) and all their fitment pics. And Audio City, though many of their fitment pics were, um...outside the envelope of taste, let's say.

As an AWD owner, I am also after a square fitment. I personally am interested in going as wide as possible for maximum grip and a meaty look. I am researching exactly what it takes to fit a 265/35R19 all around, and barring that, defaulting back down to a safe 255/35R19. 20's would naturally be harder without going down to 30 profile, which I'm not willing to do. Your mileage and desires may differ from mine.
Anyway, rolling fenders looks to be a requirement, at least in the front. There may also need to be some creative heat molding of the inner liner, which is 100% ok in my opinion, to fit the right way.

If it serves the community I can make my research file public as read-only. Just let me know!
I would be interested! Appreciate the help, our chassis is so rare there’s not a lot of information or options out there for performance or cosmetic.
The following users liked this post:
Lanson (12-04-23)
Old 12-04-23, 08:32 AM
Lanson
Intermediate

Here is my research doc. I'd like to stress that it doesn't factor slammed/air ride fitments, and remains a partially subjective analysis, though objective stats are also provided.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t?usp=drivesdk

Hope it helps, going through the 70-some pages of the 4th Gen isn't very efficient but it was necessary, along with those other sites I mentioned earlier.
The following 2 users liked this post by Lanson:
Abu (12-04-23), EdgarLex (12-04-23)
Old 12-04-23, 10:25 AM
kietlander
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Abu

I've failed to see anyone else post their findings about specific proper fitment on this gen so based off my own observations 9.5 is the highest in the front with a higher offset you can go without going beyond natural camber and 10.5 in the rear in the same manner? AWD so I'm fine with squared and I want some tuck in the rear
I think you are searching incorrectly when looking up fitment. I would start by looking up wheel fitment posts, in there you hopefully find threads that show AWD cars. That spreadsheet that fourthmeal has is a great start, I remember seeing another one that linked to specific threads as well. It's has all been well documented, I just think you didn't search hard enough.

You can figure all this out on your own though. use some string and something with a little weight tied to the end of it. Tape it to the inside of your fender and measure the distance from the string to lip. Then use a offset calculator and input the numbers. Not sure how long you have been around forums, but I haven't been on many that will outright say what fits.
The following users liked this post:
Abu (12-04-23)
Old 12-04-23, 10:33 AM
Abu
9th Gear

Thanks fourthmeal! Rather have more info than I need than not enough. This is very extensive as well so this should serve me well.

kietlander I tried looking up different key words I suppose but couldn't find much specific in the realm of a 'slammed' car that I'm looking for. A lot of 20+ inches with just lowering springs or stock suspension which isn't what I'm working with. As you said fourthmeal's doc has a lot of info I could use. I'm really concerned with offset as I'm sure 9.5 width on a 235 wouldn't be difficult but I'm concerned how far off offset might push the wheel out at 9.5 width.
Old 12-04-23, 11:15 AM
Abu
9th Gear

Originally Posted by kietlander
I think you are searching incorrectly when looking up fitment. I would start by looking up wheel fitment posts, in there you hopefully find threads that show AWD cars. That spreadsheet that fourthmeal has is a great start, I remember seeing another one that linked to specific threads as well. It's has all been well documented, I just think you didn't search hard enough.

You can figure all this out on your own though. use some string and something with a little weight tied to the end of it. Tape it to the inside of your fender and measure the distance from the string to lip. Then use a offset calculator and input the numbers. Not sure how long you have been around forums, but I haven't been on many that will outright say what fits.
You're right lmao. I came across this thread before but didn't go as far as I should have. Love a ton of the setups in here and this is exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks for making me double check.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...thread-57.html
Old 12-04-23, 03:05 PM
Lanson
Intermediate

Fitment Industries has plenty more slammed fitment details as well. A caution on slamming AWD, plenty of issues there apparently.
Old 12-05-23, 05:51 AM
Lanson
Intermediate

Found what I would call a near ideal AWD fitment in this classified thread..

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/whe...ml#post9338700

He had RS-R Super downs and 20x9.5 +36 with 245/35-20 tires. It looks perfect IMO, the Kranze wheels are beautiful of course. It proves though that something like a 9.5 +35 (very common in 19 or 20) would fit fine. Probably just a smidge of fender to roll and liner to heat up and push out of the way in front, if anything.