Sold GS today but staying with Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-23, 11:29 PM
websurfer
Racer

Received 318 Likes on 248 Posts
Default Sold GS today but staying with Lexus

Hey All,

Thanks for the help and chat over the years. I can still say the Lexus GS 350 F Sport RWD was a very good car to drive, own and will be missed. I never had any problems with power, radio or anything. It always handles the road very well.

I've decided to get something different after owning the Lexus GS 350 F Sport for 3.5 years. I was thinking about it in June 2023 but decided to give it more thought. Now it's Dec and the price dropped another $6K. Finally decided to move on.

Enjoy your GS while you still have it.

I'll still come over to visit once a while as well. I have sold it to the Lexus Dealer (Lexus of Pleasanton) and they will likely post it within 1-2 weeks. I kept everything in excellent condition with Expel PPF on hood, front fenders, 4 door cups, A-pillars and B-pillars and side mirrors. No accidents or body work. I did have llumar tint windows with Statos (best option with ceramic) professionally installed. Everything well taken care of. New cabinet filter (thicker one), engine filter, and new wiper blades with all OEM parts. Service performed at Dealership always at 5K/6 month oil changes and brake fluid recently change 1.5 months back. Front brakes still have 8mm estimate and back brakes a still very new. I had the front brakes changes around 16K but I know I should have waited to 19K. Mostly driven on the freeways for my long commute.

I found in the city with stop and go, I can get around 17 mpg but the freeways I can get around 23.5 to 24 mpg.

Mileage: 25,771 during trade.

Take care and have fun as always before happy.

My new replacement is a 2024 Lexus NX 350h AWD. Got Atomic Silver finally

ETA is 1-2 weeks.

Last edited by websurfer; 12-26-23 at 11:34 PM.
The following 9 users liked this post by websurfer:
4GS350 (12-29-23), AJLex19 (12-26-23), bclexus (12-27-23), Carfan94 (12-27-23), Im2bz2p345 (12-28-23), JDR76 (12-30-23), MikeFig82 (12-27-23), PGA71 (12-27-23), tompass (12-27-23) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-26-23, 11:40 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,158 Likes on 855 Posts

@websurfer sorry to see you leave the GS family but congrats on your new NX! I had the NX as a loaner earlier this year and felt the current generation was very well done for this category of SUV. Enjoy!

No outgoing pics of your former GS??
The following users liked this post:
websurfer (12-27-23)
Old 12-27-23, 03:16 AM
PGA71
Advanced

Received 409 Likes on 234 Posts

Congrats on the new whip!
Love the color.
Feels like it was yesterday when I made a similar post. Actually was 9 months ago.
Maybe I'll find it and bump to the top with 9 month review.
websurfer (12-27-23)
Old 12-27-23, 05:20 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,562 Posts

Originally Posted by websurfer
My new replacement is a 2024 Lexus NX 350h AWD. Got Atomic Silver finally ETA is 1-2 weeks.
@websurfer - Enjoy your new NX 350h AWD! I hope you have the Lexus hybrid e-CVT like I have in my GS 450h because it is better than wonderful.

I hear the 14 inch Touchscreen display in the hybrid model is giving some owners problems. I really can't imagine why Lexus wanted two different size touchscreens in the NX. The 9.8 inch touchscreen display in the F-Sport seemed to be a better fit for the dash whereas the 14 inch Touchscreen display in the hybrid model looked too large to me, like I think Tesla's displays are way too large.

I was recently looking at the new 2024 Lexus NX 350 AWD F-Sport while my GS 450h was being serviced. It was fully loaded and quite impressive. Window sticker price was $59k.

I really like the interior, the console, the door latches and the panoramic moonroof, and the HUD, plus all the latest technology like wireless charging and wireless Apple CarPlay and the nice 9.8 inch Touchscreen display, which I actually like better than the 14 inch display in the hybrid model. Of course the Mark Levinson Sound system! I was glad to see you can get illuminated door sills which adds a nice touch and it even has a dropdown compartment for sunglasses!

I like the exterior styling and the nice frontend, the Triple Beam headlights and cornering lights and the nice taillights - and the fact the front F-Sport brake rotors are not 2-piece rotors like the GS F-Sport has that I suspect the brake pads will last longer too. I'm not wild about the F-Sport gloss black wheels, but they're okay to set it apart from a non-F-Sport model.

I hope the 8-speed transmission is a good match for the 2.4L Turbo engine and it doesn't have a tendency to 'hunt' for the best gear like some transmissions tend to do.

275 horsepower is pretty darn good from a 2.4L Turbo with 6.6 second 0-60 mph quickness, but I hear the boost can be bumped to get an additional 40 hp out of it.

Last edited by bclexus; 12-27-23 at 07:49 AM. Reason: orthography
The following 2 users liked this post by bclexus:
MikeFig82 (12-27-23), websurfer (12-27-23)
Old 12-27-23, 06:04 AM
Carfan94
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats! Atomic silver is my favorite Lexus color! One question. Did your NX come with run flats? There’s a lot of chatter on the NX forum about them and how they affect ride quality.
websurfer (12-27-23)
Old 12-27-23, 09:28 AM
websurfer
Racer

Originally Posted by AJLex19
@websurfer sorry to see you leave the GS family but congrats on your new NX! I had the NX as a loaner earlier this year and felt the current generation was very well done for this category of SUV. Enjoy!

No outgoing pics of your former GS??
Thanks. Never smoked in and eaten inside the vehicle.

Yeah, I have a few pictures. I may do a last video on it also but another day for that.

AJLex19 (12-27-23)
Old 12-27-23, 09:30 AM
websurfer
Racer

Originally Posted by Carfan94
Congrats! Atomic silver is my favorite Lexus color! One question. Did your NX come with run flats? There’s a lot of chatter on the NX forum about them and how they affect ride quality.
Yes with RFT. Not my favorite but some people have swapped them out but will need to buy a spare.
Old 12-27-23, 09:35 AM
websurfer
Racer

Originally Posted by bclexus
@websurfer - Enjoy your new NX 350h AWD! I hope you have the Lexus hybrid e-CVT like I have in my GS 450h because it is better than wonderful.

I hear the 14 inch Touchscreen display in the hybrid model is giving some owners problems. I really can't imagine why Lexus wanted two different size touchscreens in the NX. The 9.8 inch touchscreen display in the F-Sport seemed to be a better fit for the dash whereas the 14 inch Touchscreen display in the hybrid model looked too large to me, like I think Tesla's displays are way too large.

I was recently looking at the new 2024 Lexus NX 350 AWD F-Sport while my GS 450h was being serviced. It was fully loaded and quite impressive. Window sticker price was $59k.

I really like the interior, the console, the door latches and the panoramic moonroof, and the HUD, plus all the latest technology like wireless charging and wireless Apple CarPlay and the nice 9.8 inch Touchscreen display, which I actually like better than the 14 inch display in the hybrid model. Of course the Mark Levinson Sound system! I was glad to see you can get illuminated door sills which adds a nice touch and it even has a dropdown compartment for sunglasses!

I like the exterior styling and the nice frontend, the Triple Beam headlights and cornering lights and the nice taillights - and the fact the front F-Sport brake rotors are not 2-piece rotors like the GS F-Sport has that I suspect the brake pads will last longer too. I'm not wild about the F-Sport gloss black wheels, but they're okay to set it apart from a non-F-Sport model.

I hope the 8-speed transmission is a good match for the 2.4L Turbo engine and it doesn't have a tendency to 'hunt' for the best gear like some transmissions tend to do.

275 horsepower is pretty darn good from a 2.4L Turbo with 6.6 second 0-60 mph quickness, but I hear the boost can be bumped to get an additional 40 hp out of it.

Congrats @bclexus.

I went with the hybrid model given the great range. I went with the NX350h Premium with upgrades so it has the larger 14" infotainment and 360 camera plus some other goodies. I posted my experience with the base 10 speaker pioneer system vs the ML and I couldn't tell that much difference. I will probably use XM radio and Bluetooth rather than AM/FM.
Old 12-27-23, 09:48 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,562 Posts

Originally Posted by websurfer
Thanks. Never smoked in and eaten inside the vehicle.

Yeah, I have a few pictures. I may do a last video on it also but another day for that.

I'm sure the Lexus dealer will have the bent wheel fixed and the damaged tire replaced before it's sold to the next owner...

Old 12-27-23, 10:40 AM
websurfer
Racer

Originally Posted by bclexus
I'm sure the Lexus dealer will have the bent wheel fixed and the damaged tire replaced before it's sold to the next owner...

Yes, Good eye. I bent it last Thursday while driving back from work. I went over a big pothole without knowing and did notice a big thump. I checked when I got home in the dark and didn't notice anything.

The dealer will replace the rim. I think it's around $700 and the tire ($250) not counting labor. I took a hit on my sale for that after being discovered during the sale yesterday. I didn't even know while driving it for 1 finally touchless carwash.

I don't think the rims and tire are repairable once damaged. Another thread maybe on this.

Last edited by websurfer; 12-27-23 at 10:45 AM.
Old 12-27-23, 03:26 PM
BMGS
Racer

Received 549 Likes on 338 Posts

Congrats, i love our silver 2016 NX (wife's car) and are looking forward to moving to the 2nd gen when it's time. The problem is that the 2016 is holding up amazingly well and it may be awhile, enjoy!
websurfer (12-27-23)
Old 12-27-23, 04:43 PM
JeffKeryk
Racer

Received 529 Likes on 360 Posts

I would never sell that GS...
Old 12-27-23, 09:22 PM
FSportOnly
Rookie

Received 43 Likes on 19 Posts

I have a 17 GS and my wife has a 17 NX. I like the NX for what it is but could never see myself replace my GS for an NX. That V6 is so smooth. The turbo 4 moves but when loaded down the NX lets you know it's a 4 cylinder. Plus it's tight on the inside in comparison to the GS. Peoples tastes change over time so as long as you don't need/crave the driving dynamics of the GS, you'll be golden. I hate Lexus is getting rid of naturally aspirated V6 engines in their mainstream vehicles.
The following 2 users liked this post by FSportOnly:
bclexus (12-28-23), Carfan94 (12-28-23)
Old 12-28-23, 11:06 AM
websurfer
Racer

Originally Posted by FSportOnly
I have a 17 GS and my wife has a 17 NX. I like the NX for what it is but could never see myself replace my GS for an NX. That V6 is so smooth. The turbo 4 moves but when loaded down the NX lets you know it's a 4 cylinder. Plus it's tight on the inside in comparison to the GS. Peoples tastes change over time so as long as you don't need/crave the driving dynamics of the GS, you'll be golden. I hate Lexus is getting rid of naturally aspirated V6 engines in their mainstream vehicles.
Yeap, I wanted something different and a different comfortable now with newer technology like Apple Carplay and 360 camera. I had my fun with the GS so it's an opportunity for somebody else to enjoy it at a lesser price also.
I also have the V6 in the RX350L and it's very smooth and nice also. I tested the NX turbo 4 and preferred the hybrid due to smoothness but the turbo is faster.

Last edited by websurfer; 12-28-23 at 11:23 AM.
Old 01-05-24, 11:45 PM
websurfer
Racer

Just a follow up. Just posted, I'm thinking 2 days only.

Bad rim and tire replaced by dealer. In fact, all 4 tires also replaced with new Goodyear Eagles. They may have updated other items that I don't know.

Still under factory warranty for 6 months. It's also certified so it has a longer warranty also.

If you are interest and in the Tri-Valley area. Awesome ride, power and super smooth. I always taken care of this GS since it was my dream to own one. I did oil changes every 5K miles and brake fluid was just recently done at dealer. I had to sell it since my back/neck/shoulder/leg pain over the years so I needed something with a different comfort. Wish it finds another home so it can be well taken care of.

PPF (Excel paint protection film) on front hood, side fenders, headlights, A-pillar, B-pillar, mirror caps.

Tint is from Stratos llumar btw.

https://www.lexusofpleasanton.com/ce...2cd6a8450f.htm

Good Luck all.
The following 3 users liked this post by websurfer:
AJLex19 (01-06-24), byungkuk (01-06-24), JDR76 (01-06-24)

Quick Reply: Sold GS today but staying with Lexus