GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Help give my F sport a Luxury Pkg!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-24, 06:13 AM
GS350LuxuryFsport
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help give my F sport a Luxury Pkg!

My 2013 GS350 with the Luxury Package was rear-ended and totaled. It was black with light gray interior. I bought a 2015 GS350 F sport that is liquid platinum with black interior. I just can't have black interior in the summer in the south because it gets soooo hot. Plus, I like a light color interior anyway and would like to add all the Luxury Pkg features to my new F sport (18-way driver and passenger front seats, rear side window manual sunshades, rear seat arm rest entertainment & climate control panel, AFS headlights). I've already been able to switch out the entire interior. A tricky job was having to switch the metal bars between the large working rear side windows and the small triangle stationary side windows. The Lux model has 2 threaded posts on it to hold a bracket that holds the small triangle window shade assembly. Turns out there was a tiny screw under the weather stripping at the top of the door. I even had to trade out the small triangle stationary windows, because the Lux Pkg version had a wide blackout on it to cover up being able to see inside the shade assembly from outside, but sliding the stationary window out was easy. Now I have rear seat sunshades to go with the big rear window power shade! Next, both front seats wiring harnesses under the carpet were the same, so after swap out thank goodness all buttons on both front seats worked! But, when changing out the door panels on the front passenger side I realized the Lux Pkg has the 3 position seat memory buttons on the door panel and the wiring harness on the F sport did not have the extra plug to go to that memory seat panel, so I changed out the entire wiring harness in the doors. That was not easy- the wiring harness holder tabs are a pain in the *** to pop out! The wiring harness coming out of the firewall at the door hinge into the door on both cars looked the same but there's so many wires in that huge plug it was hard to know for sure. I got it all changed out, but unfortunately the 3 position seat memory buttons do not work (there should be a beep when pressed, like the driver's side, but there's not). Lastly, I was not expecting to be able to keep the rear seat arm rest control panel at all because I didn't think there would be a wiring harness for it in the F sport, but when trading out the rear seats, I realized the wiring harness under the rear seat coming out of the passenger side door sill was definitely the exact same (big rectangle white plug with same number of and colored wires) on both cars! Not sure why it is even there on the F sport because it doesn't have anything in the rear seat other than the 2 yellow plugs on each side which I'm pretty sure are to the seat belts. I just knew it was going to work! I got is all changed out and plugged in, but unfortunately it does not power up. I disconnected and reconnected the battery to try and reset the ECU in hopes it would recognize the new options, if the ECU even has anything to do with those features. When I powered the car up the monitor in the dash said "Loading... Do not cut power", but unfortunately neither of the features worked. My questions are: #1) How do I get the front passenger seat memory buttons to work? #2) How do I get the rear seat arm rest console to work? This has to be something simple right!?!? There can't be more parts between the seat memory buttons and the rear control panel to whatever they connect to right? It has to be what they connect to- is that the ECU? Or do they have another smaller computer of some sort somewhere else? If it's just the ECU not recognizing them can I get the dealership to reprogram the main ECU to recognize these new options? Or should I swap the ECUs in my 2013 that had those options with my 2015 F sport ECU that did not?-- but will that mess up other things like the format on the dash monitor (I noticed the 2015 format is slightly different than the 2013).
Finally, and least important, #3) How hard would it be to switch out the AFS (Adaptive Front-lighting System)? I know I'd have to change the headlight assembly right? My Lux Pkg car does not have an "AFS Off" button to worry about getting to, but I think there is an AFS module under the dash driver side panel, so would my F sport have a different headlight module there, but would the wiring harness to them be the same or no harness at all, because after swapping out just that door wiring harness I'm sure as hell not changing out a wiring harness that runs from the headlights to under the dash!
If there's any parts I need to get from the '13 Lux Pkg GS to make #1 and #2 or even #3 work I don't have much time because it's going to be picked up soon, so if you think you have any ideas that could help make the first and only F sport with a Luxury Pkg please let me know! Thank you so much!!!
Old 01-27-24, 09:20 AM
GrandSedanFan
Instructor

Received 210 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by GS350LuxuryFsport

My 2013 GS350 with the Luxury Package was rear-ended and totaled. It was black with light gray interior. I bought a 2015 GS350 F sport that is liquid platinum with black interior. I just can't have black interior in the summer in the south because it gets soooo hot. Plus, I like a light color interior anyway and would like to add all the Luxury Pkg features to my new F sport (18-way driver and passenger front seats, rear side window manual sunshades, rear seat arm rest entertainment & climate control panel, AFS headlights).

I've already been able to switch out the entire interior. A tricky job was having to switch the metal bars between the large working rear side windows and the small triangle stationary side windows. The Lux model has 2 threaded posts on it to hold a bracket that holds the small triangle window shade assembly. Turns out there was a tiny screw under the weather stripping at the top of the door. I even had to trade out the small triangle stationary windows, because the Lux Pkg version had a wide blackout on it to cover up being able to see inside the shade assembly from outside, but sliding the stationary window out was easy. Now I have rear seat sunshades to go with the big rear window power shade!

Next, both front seats wiring harnesses under the carpet were the same, so after swap out thank goodness all buttons on both front seats worked! But, when changing out the door panels on the front passenger side I realized the Lux Pkg has the 3 position seat memory buttons on the door panel and the wiring harness on the F sport did not have the extra plug to go to that memory seat panel, so I changed out the entire wiring harness in the doors. That was not easy- the wiring harness holder tabs are a pain in the *** to pop out! The wiring harness coming out of the firewall at the door hinge into the door on both cars looked the same but there's so many wires in that huge plug it was hard to know for sure. I got it all changed out, but unfortunately the 3 position seat memory buttons do not work (there should be a beep when pressed, like the driver's side, but there's not).

Lastly, I was not expecting to be able to keep the rear seat arm rest control panel at all because I didn't think there would be a wiring harness for it in the F sport, but when trading out the rear seats, I realized the wiring harness under the rear seat coming out of the passenger side door sill was definitely the exact same (big rectangle white plug with same number of and colored wires) on both cars! Not sure why it is even there on the F sport because it doesn't have anything in the rear seat other than the 2 yellow plugs on each side which I'm pretty sure are to the seat belts. I just knew it was going to work! I got is all changed out and plugged in, but unfortunately it does not power up. I disconnected and reconnected the battery to try and reset the ECU in hopes it would recognize the new options, if the ECU even has anything to do with those features. When I powered the car up the monitor in the dash said "Loading... Do not cut power", but unfortunately neither of the features worked.

My questions are: #1) How do I get the front passenger seat memory buttons to work? #2) How do I get the rear seat arm rest console to work? This has to be something simple right!?!? There can't be more parts between the seat memory buttons and the rear control panel to whatever they connect to right? It has to be what they connect to- is that the ECU? Or do they have another smaller computer of some sort somewhere else? If it's just the ECU not recognizing them can I get the dealership to reprogram the main ECU to recognize these new options? Or should I swap the ECUs in my 2013 that had those options with my 2015 F sport ECU that did not?-- but will that mess up other things like the format on the dash monitor (I noticed the 2015 format is slightly different than the 2013).
Finally, and least important, #3) How hard would it be to switch out the AFS (Adaptive Front-lighting System)? I know I'd have to change the headlight assembly right?

My Lux Pkg car does not have an "AFS Off" button to worry about getting to, but I think there is an AFS module under the dash driver side panel, so would my F sport have a different headlight module there, but would the wiring harness to them be the same or no harness at all, because after swapping out just that door wiring harness I'm sure as hell not changing out a wiring harness that runs from the headlights to under the dash!

If there's any parts I need to get from the '13 Lux Pkg GS to make #1 and #2 or even #3 work I don't have much time because it's going to be picked up soon, so if you think you have any ideas that could help make the first and only F sport with a Luxury Pkg please let me know! Thank you so much!!!
Unfortunately, I have little to add to your thread, other than congratulations on completing a mod I've wanted to do to my F-Sport since purchase (the cost of purchasing a whole new interior for my car is just too much for me to swallow, unfortunately). I did, however, break up your original post into paragraphs to make it easier for someone who does have the know-how (looking at you, @peasodos ) to help you.
The following users liked this post:
jgscott (01-27-24)
Old 01-27-24, 09:27 AM
peteharvey
Lead Lap

Received 457 Likes on 302 Posts

There was a period a couple of years ago when I would type on my phone with correct paragraphing, but it would upload and post with no paragraphing, no matter how I tried to edit on the phone.
I ended up having to use my desktop to edit the paragraphing.
Old 01-27-24, 04:56 PM
EAST
Intermediate

Received 168 Likes on 126 Posts

Did you read through this thread? I seem to recall @peasodos was able to make the rear controller and passenger memory work.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...uxury-mod.html

​​​​​​