GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

A few 2017+ GS questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-24, 07:46 PM
nquinn
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default A few 2017+ GS questions

After not having a car for 5 years, I think I may finally pick up a GS350.

A few open questions:

- Is the F-sport variant worth it at all? I don't care about styling at all. The adaptive suspension might be worth it.
- Has anyone found a better carplay option? That's one MAJOR bummer for me right now
- Thoughts on best color? Leaning towards just something like silver. Black looks good but I don't want to deal with it.

Mostly like the idea of the luxuriousness of the car but hate the gas mileage and lack of carplay.

I'm only looking at 2017+ for safety features.
Old 02-05-24, 07:43 AM
GrandSedanFan
Instructor

Received 210 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by nquinn

A few open questions:

- Is the F-sport variant worth it at all? I don't care about styling at all. The adaptive suspension might be worth it.
- Has anyone found a better carplay option? That's one MAJOR bummer for me right now
- Thoughts on best color? Leaning towards just something like silver. Black looks good but I don't want to deal with it.

Mostly like the idea of the luxuriousness of the car but hate the gas mileage and lack of carplay.

Extendable driver's seat bottom is exclusive to F-Sport and Luxury - this alone was enough to push me into an F-Sport (could not find a certified Luxury Package AWD when I was shopping, but found more F-Sports than base GS 350s). I am a fan of adaptive suspension, but also live in an area with winding mountain roads.
The following users liked this post:
AJLex19 (02-05-24)
Old 02-05-24, 08:35 AM
nquinn
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by panyo64
Extendable driver's seat bottom is exclusive to F-Sport and Luxury - this alone was enough to push me into an F-Sport (could not find a certified Luxury Package AWD when I was shopping, but found more F-Sports than base GS 350s). I am a fan of adaptive suspension, but also live in an area with winding mountain roads.
Interesting wasn't familiar w/ the extendable driver's seat.

One other thing that might be nice is the Mark Levinson system, though I heard the amp is located in a location that can flood and damage it.
Old 02-05-24, 09:10 AM
EAST
Intermediate

Received 168 Likes on 126 Posts

The amp location is the same in both ML and nonML. It's just when it fails, the ML amp is more expensive. It's easy enough to access if you want to check for moisture (when car shopping). In the trunk, lift up the right cover to access the tools for changing a flat,. You pull up on that black tray and you can see the amp. Some people seal the vent.

Depending on the age/ mileage, the AVS could be a liability. Check for any leaking shocks.

​​​​​​FSport RWD will have bigger brakes up front. It also has staggered wheel setup so keep that in mind when it comes to tire options.

Can't comment on Android Auto /Car play since I don't have that installed but know there are aftermarket add-ons.
Old 02-05-24, 09:25 AM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,323 Likes on 1,052 Posts

A few open questions:

The AVS Suspension is not just in the F Sport only.

There are multiple Carpal kits you can choose to install.

Color is a matter of individual choice.

What safety features are you talking about?

There is a GS200T and GS450h if you are looking for a fuel economy car.

May be good also that you search. There are pages and pages of threads you can learn from with this same question you have and more. One of these comes up about every 2 weeks or less now.
AJLex19 (02-05-24)
Old 02-05-24, 12:37 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,152 Likes on 850 Posts

A few open questions:

If you don't care about styling, the only way to know if the F-Sport is for you is to drive one and then drive a non F-Sport. The suspension difference and overall feel will give you the best idea of what works for you.

Majority of forum members i've seen are using the GROM aftermarket kit and are very satisfied. (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...installed.html)

White or Atomic Silver exterior on Flaxen interior are my personal preferences on the GS.
jgscott (02-05-24)