GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Got my new car - check out marketplace for parts

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-24 | 02:07 PM
gs350noob
Intermediate

Default Got my new car - check out marketplace for parts

Hi guys just a heads up. I made a decision finally regarding a more permanent replacement for my totaled 2013 GS 350 F Sport.

Old car here will never forget this car just loved it

New car here - 2014 Accord V6 Coupe with manual transmission. Only 12,000 miles and cherry. Not a mark on the paint and runs fantastic. Fast and fun, and I'm enjoying the shifter and clutch so far.

If anyone needs parts I have left over from the 2013 GS 350 I just put an ad in marketplace. Front and Rear brake pads and some other items check it out!

I'll still poke my head in here from time to time because I have no life and you guys are characters.

Feel free to roast my Honda, I'm stoked to have it but I'll always have great memories of the GS.
The following 4 users liked this post by gs350noob:
AJLex19 (03-23-24), greys0uled (03-25-24), jgscott (03-22-24), tompass (03-22-24)
Old 03-23-24 | 02:27 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

No roasting here! The Accord looks great - probably lower mileage and better condition than any used GS that you could have bought on the island. Congrats and enjoy! Maybe you'll get the itch again one day if the right GS comes along

Any mods planned for the Accord?
Old 03-23-24 | 02:31 PM
gs350noob
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AJLex19
No roasting here! The Accord looks great - probably lower mileage and better condition than any used GS that you could have bought on the island. Congrats and enjoy! Maybe you'll get the itch again one day if the right GS comes along

Any mods planned for the Accord?
Thanks for the kind words. Glad BC hasn't seen this yet he would have given me some grief for sure.

Read some things about putting a stiffer sway bar in the back but in the little driving I've done the handling is very decent. Right in between the piglike handling of the Camry and the stickiness of the GS. Power wise it has plenty. When you goose it the car is very rambunctious it's 278 HP but it feels like more.

Maybe in 4-5 years I'll be sick of shifting and looking to get something else. By then my dad will be too old to drive so I can sell both cars and maybe get a later model 4th gen, by then they'll be depreciated pretty well.
The following 2 users liked this post by gs350noob:
AJLex19 (03-24-24), bclexus (03-24-24)
Old 03-23-24 | 02:59 PM
charley95
Pole Position

Wait until BC attacks you personally, I've suggested the mods boot him off this forum but it fell on deaf ears. He's a second rate individual!
Old 03-23-24 | 07:23 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by gs350noob
Thanks for the kind words. Glad BC hasn't seen this yet he would have given me some grief for sure.

Read some things about putting a stiffer sway bar in the back but in the little driving I've done the handling is very decent. Right in between the piglike handling of the Camry and the stickiness of the GS. Power wise it has plenty. When you goose it the car is very rambunctious it's 278 HP but it feels like more.

Maybe in 4-5 years I'll be sick of shifting and looking to get something else. By then my dad will be too old to drive so I can sell both cars and maybe get a later model 4th gen, by then they'll be depreciated pretty well.
Congrats you got it! I know that car well. Had a 13 same one for my Daughter a few years back. It's not suppose to be a GS or anything else. It's a Accord Coupe. It does what it does and has it's own personally, and does very well at it. The only thing about it was it def had some FWD Torque steer with that V6. Most others with FWD with some power have it also. It was no big deal. Stay on top of that power steering fluid service. Honda's are notorious for pump issues. If was me, I would get a fluid exchange with the Honda fluid. Even at 12K the fluid is still 10 years old, if the owner did not do it.

I drove the one we had a lot and enjoyed it. You should enjoy it too! That looks like a nice one, with only 12k on it also. Give us a review when you get some time to get to know it better. I hope you made the right choice this time.
Old 03-24-24 | 01:49 PM
gs350noob
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jgscott
Congrats you got it! I know that car well. Had a 13 same one for my Daughter a few years back. It's not suppose to be a GS or anything else. It's a Accord Coupe. It does what it does and has it's own personally, and does very well at it. The only thing about it was it def had some FWD Torque steer with that V6. Most others with FWD with some power have it also. It was no big deal. Stay on top of that power steering fluid service. Honda's are notorious for pump issues. If was me, I would get a fluid exchange with the Honda fluid. Even at 12K the fluid is still 10 years old, if the owner did not do it.

I drove the one we had a lot and enjoyed it. You should enjoy it too! That looks like a nice one, with only 12k on it also. Give us a review when you get some time to get to know it better. I hope you made the right choice this time.
Feeling good about the car right now. The stereo is surprisingly good. Definitely a step up from the Camry in everything except the AC - it's good but the Camry had amazing AC.

This generation of Accord has electric steering so should be good to go there barring disaster. Biggest headache with these is that it runs a timing belt and not a chain.

I would never have bought one of these V6's with the automatic transmission. I test drove one and it was not great. The standard shifter is a pleasure though I'm starting to get a feel for it and it's good.
Old 03-24-24 | 03:16 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by charley95
Wait until BC attacks you personally, I've suggested the mods boot him off this forum but it fell on deaf ears. He's a second rate individual!

I'm First Class all the way!

@charley95 - Oh, please...I'm glad I'm not so sensitive that I need to suggest the mods boot you off this forum for disparaging me...

Last edited by bclexus; 03-24-24 at 05:19 PM. Reason: orthography
Old 03-24-24 | 03:23 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by gs350noob

Enjoy that FWD econobox!

Did I hear my name mentioned?
The following users liked this post:
gs350noob (03-24-24)
Old 03-25-24 | 03:04 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Congrats! Looks good! I was just in the UK and my rental was a manual. Shifting left handed was weird, but I sure loved driving a manual again. I get the appeal!
gs350noob (03-25-24)
Old 03-26-24 | 08:50 AM
Nalod
Advanced

Im a manual kind of guy, just down to one of the three cars we own. In my opinion it opens up the engine to what you want to do with it and is far more involved experience.
I don' t have experience with that generation of honda and perhaps with a few tweeks the suspension might be more compliant but I would say if your happy then thats all that matters.
"For the money and happy" is a good thing! No, I stand corrected, its a great thing!
Thats a nice engine to be rowing gears with and you'll have fun with it. Good luck with many smiles and miles!!!!!
gs350noob (03-26-24)