GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Holgram's RR Racing CF Intake Install

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-24, 06:24 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,405 Likes on 645 Posts

Originally Posted by Holgram
I am happy to report that RR Racing has sent me a proper kit now. I have since decided to go with Takeda's CAI and am very happy with it. If anyone wants to buy my RR Racing intake, you can DM me.

​​​​​​Those Takeda intakes showed a loss of 4 horsepower on our dyno over the OEM airbox and Carbon tube.
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 06-22-24, 09:16 PM
Holgram
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What were the conditions of the dyno? Are we talking closed hood or open hood? Was the ECU reset between the runs and before the first run?

I don’t mind seeing the dyno graph also.

Also, by which mechanism are you proposing the OEM type set up makes more power?

Was this an otherwise stock car?

Takeda definitely has faster throttle response, and feels more powerful, however it is much louder and so I could be attributing the aggressive sound as power. It is possible. It still seems unlikely though that a closed box design makes less power than an open one. Open cone type filters have proven to make more power on many platforms such as Mazda 3s which I’m familiar with.

I’d like to know by which mechanism the closed box would make more power, obviously it all flow dynamics.

2013 GS350 AWD LUX, spare tire and tools delete, Trigga Spec: Tundra 76mm throttle body w/spacer & coolant delete, ported lower & upper intake manifold, aFe: Takeda stage-2 pro 5R oiled CAI, Apexi: midpipe w/ceramic coating, Revel: Axle-back w/ceramic coating, High Spark: Premium coilpack, NGK: 94122, Konig: Rennform 18x8 45+, Toyo: Proxes Sport A/S 235/45/18, RR Racing: USRS race edition, Air/oil sperator, KYB: Gas-A-Just w/AVS all around, Stoptech: sportstop cryo sport drilled rotors all around, Akebono: Performance ultra premium front, ProACT ultra premium back, Techna-fit: stainless steel brake lines all around, Anti-Gravity: Li battery Non-stop tuning: Al water pump pulley, Mishimoto: Al lug nuts, DEI: cool-tape
Old 08-21-24, 12:27 PM
Holgram
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I sold this to a person on eBay.

2013 GS350 AWD LUX, spare tire and tools delete, Tuned by Loi: 91 octane tune, Trigga Spec: Tundra 76mm throttle body w/spacer & coolant delete, Ported lower & upper intake manifold, aFe: Takeda stage-2 pro 5R oiled CAI, Apexi: Midpipe w/ceramic coating, Revel: Axle-back w/ceramic coating, High Spark: Premium coilpack, NGK: 94122, Konig: F3S 18x8.5 35+, Toyo: Proxes Sport A/S 235/45/18, RR Racing: USRS race edition, Air/oil separator, Vented CF badge, KYB: Gas-A-Just w/AVS all around, Stoptech: Sportstop cryo sport drilled rotors all around, Akebono: Performance ultra premium front, ProACT ultra premium back, Super Now: Lower differential mount collars, Spoon Motorsports: Subframe collars front, Anti-Gravity: Li battery, Non-stop tuning: Al water pump pulley, Mishimoto: Al lug nuts, DEI: Cool-tape, Xpel: XR plus nano ceramic window tint all around
Old 08-21-24, 04:29 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,402 Likes on 1,108 Posts

Originally Posted by Holgram
What were the conditions of the dyno? Are we talking closed hood or open hood? Was the ECU reset between the runs and before the first run?

I don’t mind seeing the dyno graph also.

Also, by which mechanism are you proposing the OEM type set up makes more power?

Was this an otherwise stock car?

Takeda definitely has faster throttle response, and feels more powerful, however it is much louder and so I could be attributing the aggressive sound as power. It is possible. It still seems unlikely though that a closed box design makes less power than an open one. Open cone type filters have proven to make more power on many platforms such as Mazda 3s which I’m familiar with.

I’d like to know by which mechanism the closed box would make more power, obviously it all flow dynamics.

2013 GS350 AWD LUX, spare tire and tools delete, Trigga Spec: Tundra 76mm throttle body w/spacer & coolant delete, ported lower & upper intake manifold, aFe: Takeda stage-2 pro 5R oiled CAI, Apexi: midpipe w/ceramic coating, Revel: Axle-back w/ceramic coating, High Spark: Premium coilpack, NGK: 94122, Konig: Rennform 18x8 45+, Toyo: Proxes Sport A/S 235/45/18, RR Racing: USRS race edition, Air/oil sperator, KYB: Gas-A-Just w/AVS all around, Stoptech: sportstop cryo sport drilled rotors all around, Akebono: Performance ultra premium front, ProACT ultra premium back, Techna-fit: stainless steel brake lines all around, Anti-Gravity: Li battery Non-stop tuning: Al water pump pulley, Mishimoto: Al lug nuts, DEI: cool-tape
Would love to see the proof of this also?

Did the car run have exhaust, a Tune?
What KCLV Timing was the car reading at the time?
How many miles were put on the car for the ECU to relearn to swap run the two different Intake configurations?