GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

90,000 Mile Maintenance Cost?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-24, 03:17 PM
Lexi2861
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 90,000 Mile Maintenance Cost?

What costs are y'all seeing for the 90,000 mile maintenance service on the 2013? The service appointment email from the dealer said $970 and listed a heap of recommended things to either replace or inspect. Like triple the services in the owners manual. I'm in SC.

Thx.
Old 05-26-24, 07:22 AM
GS350ichiban
9th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Depending on what has/hasn’t been done to the car, this could be an accurate estimate, especially for dealer service. What all are they listing/recommending?
Old 05-31-24, 04:52 PM
Lexi2861
4th Gear

Originally Posted by GS350ichiban
Depending on what has/hasn’t been done to the car, this could be an accurate estimate, especially for dealer service. What all are they listing/recommending?
The car has been serviced up to 90,000 miles. Unfortunately i deleted the email, wish that I'd saved it but it was heap of stuff. I will say that a salesman there did tell me the 90,000 mile service is a full service and will basically go through everything to make the car drive like new again, so why not list all of it in the service and maintenance manual for the 90,000 mile schedule? I just don't think it's $970 to "inspect" like 3/4 of the items of the list and to replace the cabin air filter.

Last edited by Lexi2861; 05-31-24 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Added more info.
Old 06-02-24, 06:59 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,273 Likes on 1,619 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexi2861
The car has been serviced up to 90,000 miles. Unfortunately i deleted the email, wish that I'd saved it but it was heap of stuff. I will say that a salesman there did tell me the 90,000 mile service is a full service and will basically go through everything to make the car drive like new again, so why not list all of it in the service and maintenance manual for the 90,000 mile schedule? I just don't think it's $970 to "inspect" like 3/4 of the items of the list and to replace the cabin air filter.
Most all of the recommended scheduled maintenance is always inspections.

Engine Oil & Filter change along with inspection and replace engine air filter and cabin air filter if needed are the main things you want done. Inspection of the brake pads and rotors may be needed if it has been a while since last replaced. I would decline having the brake fluid replaced. I would decline coolant change, and definitely decline transmission fluid change or flush if suggested (which the latter should absolutely not be suggested). Wiper blades should be inspected and replaced if needed. The battery should definitely be load tested and replaced if needed. Tires should be rotated every 5k miles which is done at no charge by Discount Tire. An alignment may be needed if it has been while since last done. Replacing the 2032 coin batteries in the smart key fobs can be done yourself in 5 minutes

Oil and filter change, and maybe an engine air filter and cabin air filter are the main items. Maybe new OE wiper blades are needed. That's really all you need done if the battery and brake pads and rotors check out okay, and alignment is declined. I'd guess about $300 if the air filters and wiper blades are needed. More of course if brake pads/rotors or a battery is needed

Old 06-02-24, 07:18 AM
Lexi2861
4th Gear

Originally Posted by bclexus
Most all of the recommended scheduled maintenance is always inspections.

Engine Oil & Filter change along with inspection and replace engine air filter and cabin air filter if needed are the main things you want done. Inspection of the brake pads and rotors may be needed if it has been a while since last replaced. I would decline having the brake fluid replaced. I would decline coolant change, and definitely decline transmission fluid change or flush if suggested (which the latter should absolutely not be suggested). Wiper blades should be inspected and replaced if needed. The battery should definitely be load tested and replaced if needed. Tires should be rotated every 5k miles which is done at no charge by Discount Tire. An alignment may be needed if it has been while since last done. Replacing the 2032 coin batteries in the smart key fobs can be done yourself in 5 minutes

Oil and filter change, and maybe an engine air filter and cabin air filter are the main items. Maybe new OE wiper blades are needed. That's really all you need done if the battery and brake pads and rotors check out okay, and alignment is declined. I'd guess about $300 if the air filters and wiper blades are needed. More of course if brake pads/rotors or a battery is needed.
Thanks very much, this is more reasonable. I had the oil changed while there last month and the alignment done in March. I can change the wiper blades (the notification did pop up on the dash on Tuesday), cabin air filter and key fob batteries. I'll have Discount tire rotate the tires.
Here's the link to the walkaround they sent me: https://api.mykaarma.com/video-walka...mage_and_video
The following users liked this post:
bclexus (06-02-24)
Old 06-08-24, 06:33 PM
Lexi2861
4th Gear

Default Found it!

Originally Posted by GS350ichiban
I went to the Lexus website and it lists the services that the dealer quoted $970 for. Still an accurate estimate?
Why dont they put all of this in the service manual?

https://www.lexus.com/My-Lexus/servi...nance_schedule