GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Easy access system issue.

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-24, 05:15 PM
fedcrom
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation Easy access system issue.

Looking for anybody with a similar issue or someone who knows what control module it is. I have a 2013 GS 350 F Sport. I like to keep my easy access system on partial. The problem now is that the seat and steering wheel move like its set to full when it's set to partial. when I set it to Off the seat no longer moves but the steering wheel moves as if it's set to Full. Anyone know what module is in control of all this? Just need to find and replace it I'm guessing. Thanks.
Old 08-09-24, 06:08 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,274 Likes on 1,620 Posts

Originally Posted by fedcrom
Looking for anybody with a similar issue or someone who knows what control module it is. I have a 2013 GS 350 F Sport. I like to keep my easy access system on partial. The problem now is that the seat and steering wheel move like its set to full when it's set to partial. when I set it to Off the seat no longer moves but the steering wheel moves as if it's set to Full. Anyone know what module is in control of all this? Just need to find and replace it I'm guessing. Thanks.

► Previously posted content is deleted - It is no longer needed in this thread...because the actual problem has been identified and the remedy has been provided...

Last edited by bclexus; 08-12-24 at 12:51 PM. Reason: orthography
Old 08-11-24, 07:25 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

@fedcrom - I'm hoping the reason you lost your 'easy access' auto partial away/return seat/steering column feature is because your battery was disconnected.

Unless sufficient power is maintained to the vehicle's system via a parallel power source when the vehicle's 12 volt battery is disconnected, a lot of various settings may be reset to the vehicle's default setting. This might include losing your radio presets, drivers side control for window operation, the seat and steering column position memory, and the clock.

For your 'Seat' - it may simply need to be recalibrated to relearn the seat's position sensors. To accomplish this - turn On the vehicle's ignition and start the engine for full voltage availability.

This is how to recalibrate the seat's position sensors:

Move the seat all the way forward and hold it in the forward position for a short time, then move the seat all the way back to the far rear position and also hold it in that position for a short time, then tilt the seat all the way forward and hold it for a short time, then tilt the seat back all the way back and hold it for a short time. Now set your preferred seat position. This takes care of recalibrating the seat! The memory buttons should work to save the position(s). Adjust the steering wheel column position to your preferred position before saving to a memory - - and now you should have the 'easy access' (as you call it) partial away/return seat and steering column feature back working again! Your steering column's tilt position should not have changed as it is set manually.

If your windows need recalibrating, this is how to recalibrate the windows:

Your windows may not work from the drivers side Door Control but will work from each door's button. if so, Open and Close each window at the specific door to train the window of its position. Once you go to each door and do this, the drivers door control will once again work for all of them.

You may have to reset the Park Assist ability for the distance you prefer. Lane Assist steering correction/centering should self-cure automatically with use.

I hope this information is helpful for you!

Last edited by bclexus; 08-11-24 at 10:00 AM. Reason: orthography
Old 08-12-24, 11:32 AM
fedcrom
10th Gear

Hey bclexus, I changed the battery about the same time I noticed this problem started happening. I have tried the seat calibration procedure you shared. It made no difference The seat memory works and always has. I did notice both side-view mirrors turn in and down when I go into reverse. It used to be just the selected side-view mirror that would move. I'm going to try disconnecting the battery and redoing the whole calibration.
Old 08-12-24, 11:43 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Hey bclexus, I changed the battery about the same time I noticed this problem started happening. I have tried the seat calibration procedure you shared. It made no difference The seat memory works and always has. I did notice both side-view mirrors turn in and down when I go into reverse. It used to be just the selected side-view mirror that would move. I'm going to try disconnecting the battery and redoing the whole calibration.
@fedcrom - To make both side mirrors adjust down when in reverse you needed to select both the left and the right mirror to adjust them when in reverse gear.

Last edited by bclexus; 08-12-24 at 12:14 PM.
Old 08-12-24, 11:55 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

@fedcrom - Yep, by disconnecting the battery and not maintaining supplemental power paralleled on the car caused you to lose some settings.

Note: FYI - The seat recalibration procedure is not going to get your Partial (Easy Exit/Access) to come back. The recalibration procedure was only offered in case the seat had lost its total movement calibration. You lost the custom move-away Easy Exit/ Access setting when the battery was disconnected! So, to get it back, now you need to enter 'Lexus Personalized Settings' in your NAV to select the Partial Seat Move Away setting customization in the LPS 'Other Vehicle Settings'.

FYI - A gentle recommendation: The next time you need a battery I recommend buying it from your Lexus dealer and have them install it - they know what is needed to retain all the settings - and if anything goes haywire with anything like the HVAC or NAV or auto emergency brake or whatever they're responsible to fix it. And just so you know, the Lexus replacement battery is priced very competitively and the 7 year warranty is good.

Your easy access (partial) seat setting is a customization setting in the LPS you'll need to select. Look in your Owners Manual to learn how to enter 'Lexus Personalized Settings' for the customization.

By disconnecting the battery you lost the Partial move-away setting and it went to the default (Standard) 'Full' setting. (See below)

Last edited by bclexus; 08-12-24 at 04:13 PM. Reason: orthography
Old 08-12-24, 12:11 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Here is how to get into the LPS (Lexus Personalized Settings):

Have you got the information you need now?

Let us know when you get the Partial seat move away successfully back...

Last edited by bclexus; 08-12-24 at 01:00 PM. Reason: orthography
Old 08-12-24, 05:30 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

@fedcrom - Were you able to reestablish your Partial Easy Exit/Entry driver seat feature setting?
Old 08-13-24, 06:44 AM
fedcrom
10th Gear

Originally Posted by bclexus
@fedcrom - Were you able to reestablish your Partial Easy Exit/Entry driver seat feature setting?
Yesterday I disconnected the battery for 2 hours. After reconnecting I checked the windows/radio/memory seat. Nothing had lost its memory. The seat and steering wheel move like it's set to full when it's set to partial, in "off" only the steering wheel moves. Nothing changed...
BTW bclexus, I appreciate your dedication to helping me.
Old 08-13-24, 07:07 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Yesterday I disconnected the battery for 2 hours. After reconnecting I checked the windows/radio/memory seat. Nothing had lost its memory. The seat and steering wheel move like it's set to full when it's set to partial, in "off" only the steering wheel moves. Nothing changed...
BTW bclexus, I appreciate your dedication to helping me.
You're welcome!

Let's make sure that you know to - use your Navigation System > MENU Button > SETUP > VEHICLE > Vehicle Customizations > Other vehicle Settings - and select 'Drivers Seat Easy Exit' & select 'Partial'.
Old 08-13-24, 07:35 AM
fedcrom
10th Gear

Yes that's how I change the easy exit settings. Here are the behaviors for the three settings:

Full- full seat and steering column movement
Partial- full seat and steering column movement
Off- no seat movement, full steering column movement

How it should be:
Full- full seat and full steering column movement
Partial- partial seat and partial steering column movement
Off- no seat movement, no steering column movement

Should I try disconnecting the battery for a longer time? I'm not worried about resetting everything to default and calibrating from zero.
Old 08-13-24, 11:14 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Yes that's how I change the easy exit settings. Here are the behaviors for the three settings:

Full- full seat and steering column movement
Partial- full seat and steering column movement
Off- no seat movement, full steering column movement

How it should be:
Full- full seat and full steering column movement
Partial- partial seat and partial steering column movement
Off- no seat movement, no steering column movement

Should I try disconnecting the battery for a longer time? I'm not worried about resetting everything to default and calibrating from zero.
@fedcrom - I think you may not be SAVING the seat and steering wheel column position to one or all of the memories using only one defined (i.e. Jim's electronic key) fob.

There are 3 Saved positions, so Driver #1 may likely choose a different seat and exit/entry position than does Driver #2 or Driver #3 prefers.

You likely have two electronic key fobs for the car. A single key fob might be used by more than one driver of the car, thus the 3 saved seat driving positions...but each key fob can be registered to record a driving position as well as an easy exit/entry via the LPS (Lexus Preferred Settings).

Are you saving your seat and steering wheel column position to a memory #1, #2 or #3? Are you carrying only one key fob to set and record your settings, including the LPS 'Partial' setting?

Make sure you are following these instructions:

Last edited by bclexus; 08-13-24 at 11:39 AM. Reason: orthography
Old 08-14-24, 05:19 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

@fedcrom - Any luck with it?
Old 08-14-24, 06:48 AM
fedcrom
10th Gear

No, its not a memory or key issue. they all work correctly.
Old 08-14-24, 06:51 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

No, its not a memory or key issue. they all work correctly.
Got into the car's Lexus Personalized Settings and set the seat exit to 'Partial'?

Quick Reply: Easy access system issue.