GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Pulling to the right after alignment?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-24 | 06:10 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Jewbacca92
Just picked the car up after they told me installing the LCA bushings fixed it. It most certainly didn’t.

They also messed my bumper up while fixing a rear sensor. Looks like they couldn’t align it right, tried to force it, scratched it up, then gave it back to me with bulging panel gaps.

Whoever is working on my car clearly has no idea what they’re doing and doesn’t care.
@Jewbacca92 - What? Is this a Lexus dealership that worked on your car? If so, name it!

I'll have 'Denver 7 Investigates' put the spotlight on them! ......

News at 7 on 7!

Last edited by bclexus; 09-20-24 at 06:34 PM. Reason: orthography
Old 09-20-24 | 08:19 PM
EAST
Advanced

I believe it was a Toyota dealership, from another thread. You know how different those Toyotas and Lexus cars are.
The following 2 users liked this post by EAST:
bclexus (09-22-24), jgscott (09-20-24)
Old 09-21-24 | 02:13 AM
Lexicon1
Advanced

Originally Posted by tompass2
That certainly could be the issue. Even a bad tire or underinflated tire could cause care to pull one way or other. Hopefully you will get it sorted out.
Agree, have the tires been rotated to rule out a bad tire? Front moved to back , also we are assuming the correct inflation psi
The following users liked this post:
tompass2 (09-21-24)
Old 09-21-24 | 03:27 PM
Jewbacca92
Rookie

Just took it to my buddy’s shop in Parker today (Shoutout Parker Automotive)…
First thing we noticed… they over inflated the tires to 46 psi… what the actual ****
We rebalanced, rotated, deflated and used his alignment rack. It’s waaaaay better now. The pull is still there but reduced significantly. Next step is putting some new CC2’s on. If it’s still there, the dealer will have no more excuses. The sound/pulse hasn’t changed though.
We also dropped the trans pan and did both diffs and she’s shifting buttery smooth. Some BG44K in the tank, MAF/TB clean and called it a day.
As far as the bumper is concerned, I’m taking it back on Monday and gonna review the security tapes. I’m also pretty sure they put 2 new scratches on top of the trunk.
I was impressed with Corwin Toyota’s service at first, especially when they offered to install the GS-F bushings for me… but I’m pretty fed up with them now. Scratching my **** up, failing to align it to dead nuts after three tries, and struggling to diagnose the pull or the sound/pulse when they had the car for four days.
I’ll post an update in a few days.

Last edited by Jewbacca92; 09-21-24 at 03:33 PM.
The following users liked this post:
tompass2 (09-21-24)
Old 09-21-24 | 08:15 PM
adict2rice
Rookie

this is why i hate faking car dealership. charges an arm and a leg and don't know jack. just there to take the money when u show up. btw, i have the same problem with you for 4 years now. i finally gave up and drive as it is. 2015 F sport
Old 09-21-24 | 11:07 PM
Jewbacca92
Rookie

These “repairs” are being done as part of a sale. Would never take it to a dealer otherwise.
Old 09-22-24 | 07:01 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by EAST
I believe it was a Toyota dealership, from another thread. You know how different those Toyotas and Lexus cars are.

Yep! It was a Toyota dealership - Corwin Toyota of Colorado Springs, CO.

As far as the bumper is concerned, I’m taking it back on Monday and gonna review the security tapes. I’m also pretty sure they put 2 new scratches on top of the trunk.
I was impressed with Corwin Toyota’s service at first, especially when they offered to install the GS-F bushings for me… but I’m pretty fed up with them now. Scratching my **** up, failing to align it to dead nuts after three tries, and struggling to diagnose the pull or the sound/pulse when they had the car for four days.

I’ll post an update in a few days.

Toyota dealership employees often resent Lexus owners wanting them to perform work/maintenance at a lower price compared to a Lexus dealership. They often consider that this type of customer is a cheapskate...and they don't like them getting away with it unscathed.

Last edited by bclexus; 09-22-24 at 07:06 AM.
Old 09-22-24 | 08:44 AM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

All Toyota dealers are not bad, nor are they all the same. I have been dealing with one here in Atlanta for a long time. I have used only 2 experience service writer and only let 2 Master Techs work on my cars. One owns a modded Supra MK4, and TRD S/C Truck. The other owns a $100k plus BMW M, and a few Toyota's in his family. I also have a relation with the service Director too.

I would not jump to all dealers and Toyota dealers suck. It depends on who you choose. All over the CL forum here you can find post pages long about very bad experience owners have had at diff Lexus dealers. There are some Lexus dealers who have service writers and Mangers who have that, I work at Lexus negative attitude, that the exact opposite of the Lexus Family idea. I also use Lexus depending on, and have had both good and bad. So it just depend like everything else on who you are dealing with staff wise.

The op has a problem with something tire or suspension, or brakes related that is just not getting picked up. You can go to 3 diff alignment places and all 3 will tell you some how the alignment is off. There are diff machines that should be often calibrated and specific specs of +/- that Lexus specifies for the Lexus/Toyota cars. I hate to say this but, if the car was in a front end accident depending? It could be some frame issue not ever picked up, or other. Pulling after off the brakes also could be something in the brake pads, and or calipers hanging related. If all else suspension parts related checks out ok. If pulling when letting off the brakes, if was me, I would be looking at Brakes and Tires next.
Old 09-22-24 | 10:59 AM
Jewbacca92
Rookie

I doubt the pull is accident or tire related. There is a very slightly bent rim which has been rotated to the back and made no difference. From what I can tell, there have been no accident related repairs. There is a scratch in the back left and a fender dent in the front left. I think that’s the extent of any accident related damages, so nothing so major as to cause frame damage. Tie rods and control arms all look fine as well as the rear links. I don’t think it’s the tires but it will be getting new CC2’s soon. We’ll see if that’s it. Could be brakes. The dealer resurfaced them recently.
Old 09-22-24 | 11:08 AM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

I doubt the pull is accident or tire related. There is a very slightly bent rim which has been rotated to the back and made no difference.
Bending a wheel takes a lot of force aka an accident.
Old 09-22-24 | 02:58 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

I doubt the pull is accident or tire related. There is a very slightly bent rim which has been rotated to the back and made no difference. From what I can tell, there have been no accident related repairs. There is a scratch in the back left and a fender dent in the front left. I think that’s the extent of any accident related damages, so nothing so major as to cause frame damage. Tie rods and control arms all look fine as well as the rear links. I don’t think it’s the tires but it will be getting new CC2’s soon. We’ll see if that’s it. Could be brakes. The dealer resurfaced them recently.
In the prev page you said yes that it had been in a accident. As far as brakes it would not be the rotors to cause a pull. It would be a hung caliper, pad compressing on one side only or something like that. A bad wheel Bearing could also as it would act like a brake with more resistance than the other side to spin freely.

Also if I was you I would go back to the Toyota dealers and ask to speak with the service manager or director. I would also ask that a Certified Master Tech on suspension ride with me and him and ask them to take a look at, to get out of just being another customers car with a service ticket. You also might take it to Lexus service and pay the 1 hour diag fee to ask them. Many times the Techs have seen a particular car and a particular problem like this to let you know exactly what the exact problem and fix is.

BTW: When you get off the brake does it just pull? Or does it lift up and feels like it shifts to that side?

Old 09-22-24 | 06:52 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

@Jewbacca92 - Do any of the four wheels have any curb rash or impact damage? If so, I suspect you're looking at a slightly bent control arm or tie rod that is not visually noticeable.

If that is not the cause, then I suspect you're looking at the car's rear alignment being the culprit... If so, the following $15 part may be helpful to you to get your GS 350 traveling straight ahead instead of pulling to the right...

Last edited by bclexus; 09-22-24 at 07:12 PM. Reason: orthography
The following 2 users liked this post by bclexus:
jgscott (09-22-24), tompass2 (09-23-24)
Old 09-22-24 | 09:26 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bclexus
@Jewbacca92 - Do any of the four wheels have any curb rash or impact damage? If so, I suspect you're looking at a slightly bent control arm or tie rod that is not visually noticeable.

If that is not the cause, then I suspect you're looking at the car's rear alignment being the culprit... If so, the following $15 part may be helpful to you to get your GS 350 traveling straight ahead instead of pulling to the right...

I think that part is already on the GS350.
Old 09-23-24 | 03:51 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jgscott
I think that part is already on the GS350.
Then the alignment guy likely needs to make an adjustment for the rear - assuming he's got the front aligned properly - - assuming also he knows what he's doing...
Old 09-24-24 | 06:54 AM
Jewbacca92
Rookie

It has been in an accident but what I’m trying to say is that the damage from it is still apparently there and there are no signs of repairs, which tells me the accident was too minor to cause frame damage. I do think it’s more likely there is a bent control arm, but I can’t be throwing parts at it like that for something I can’t see lol no brake smell or one wheel hotter than the rest, so idk about brakes either.
Also, it might be my imagination, but it seems like every time I drive it, it’s getting better. Myles at Parker Auto knows what he’s doing and I watched him align front and rear perfectly. They get their rack leveled and machine serviced often so I trust it. I think maybe the tires had been wearing unevenly and after a proper balance, rotation, alignment and correct psi, they are starting to even out. I’ll give it some time.

Currently the car is back with Corwin so they can fix the bumper and I do want to shout out AJ there. He’s in charge of repairs as part of a sale and has honestly been fantastic. He didn’t verify his tech’s work but fully owned up to that and is as pissed at whoever was working on my car as I was lol

Last edited by Jewbacca92; 09-24-24 at 06:58 AM.

Quick Reply: Pulling to the right after alignment?