GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Pulling to the right after alignment?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-24, 12:36 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,421 Likes on 1,120 Posts

Originally Posted by Jewbacca92
It has been in an accident but what I’m trying to say is that the damage from it is still apparently there and there are no signs of repairs, which tells me the accident was too minor to cause frame damage. I do think it’s more likely there is a bent control arm, but I can’t be throwing parts at it like that for something I can’t see lol no brake smell or one wheel hotter than the rest, so idk about brakes either.
Also, it might be my imagination, but it seems like every time I drive it, it’s getting better. Myles at Parker Auto knows what he’s doing and I watched him align front and rear perfectly. They get their rack leveled and machine serviced often so I trust it. I think maybe the tires had been wearing unevenly and after a proper balance, rotation, alignment and correct psi, they are starting to even out. I’ll give it some time.

Currently the car is back with Corwin so they can fix the bumper and I do want to shout out AJ there. He’s in charge of repairs as part of a sale and has honestly been fantastic. He didn’t verify his tech’s work but fully owned up to that and is as pissed at whoever was working on my car as I was lol
Yes the has been in a accident was a bit confusing. Here's the thing..... if there was a bent Control arm, and/or other, 99% of the time the car should not be able to be Aligned on a machine correctly to specs, and that would be the reason showing up. As far as the Brakes being the reason. What you would normally see would be a pad on one side, either the inside one or outside one with way more wear than the others. That would be the sign that one was hanging up some where.

A bent rim unless bent so bad is not going to be really pulling. Vibration and shake yes, but not pull. Also if it was a bent rim, someone should you do a runout gauge measure, on the balance machine spinning. The tell tale sign of a bent rim would also be a very hard time getting it to balance with weight correctly. Tires could easily be the problem also. They can look ok, but a uneven treadwear pattern that may not be visually seen could make a car pull like yours is.
Old 09-24-24, 11:29 PM
Jewbacca92
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great info. Thank you. New CC2’s going on tomorrow. We shall see. Thanks for your help so far.