GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Quiet tires for ‘15 GS AWD

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-24 | 05:32 AM
BB11
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jgscott
Goodyear sucked for many years. They tried to make a comeback. One problem still remains is that no matter how much you rotate balance and well aligned..... they always still wear uneven, , hi/low, cup and then make noise.
it funny because Vredestein told me the opposite and I questioned them extensively. Looks like I will buy another set of Pirelli as they were the quietest tires I ever had. The P7 P are no longer made so I have to investigate the replacement.

thanks, this confirms my experience.
Old 09-19-24 | 05:35 AM
Lanson
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jgscott
Goodyear sucked for many years. They tried to make a comeback. One problem still remains is that no matter how much you rotate balance and well aligned..... they always still wear uneven, , hi/low, cup and then make noise.
That's been my experience as well with GY in the past. These particular ones have none of those issues, and I am a picky SOB with tires ever since working at Sears/NTB way back in the 2000's as youngster.

These Assurance ComfortDrive also topped the Grand Touring charts at Tire Rack, and I would echo their quality in my experience. Made in Chile which is interesting.
Old 09-19-24 | 10:00 AM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Lanson
That's been my experience as well with GY in the past. These particular ones have none of those issues, and I am a picky SOB with tires ever since working at Sears/NTB way back in the 2000's as youngster.

These Assurance ComfortDrive also topped the Grand Touring charts at Tire Rack, and I would echo their quality in my experience. Made in Chile which is interesting.
Sorry. I hear what you are saying, but I differ in opinions. When Vredestein's, Bridgestone, and Goodyear end up rated the top 3?
Based on your experience you do know Tire sellers will push some over other due to profits. Yes they Claim the rating are from blah, blah, blah, but who can validate it?

Tire Rack phone service really sucks bad now to in the last few years.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/surve...s&gad_source=1
Old 09-21-24 | 08:01 AM
BB11
Intermediate

I decided on the P7 A/S +3. I had a good experience with the old Cinturato model I had which is no longer available. After doing a lot of reading I was pleased to see the Italian PM not allow the CCP to have any influence on manufacturing and that they will keep this company an Italian treasure. Shame on the husband of the Pirelli heir (he was running the company) for selling what he did to the CCP. Now he has gone to the Italian government to stop their influence. Sellers remorse for someone wanting to line his own pockets. If I was confident in liking another brand I would switch, but my experiment has taught me something.