GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2015 GS 350 F awd Buying Advice

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-24 | 12:55 PM
Sneks
Rookie

Default 2015 GS 350 F awd Buying Advice

Im looking to buy a 2015 GS awd, I'm just wondering if there any specific areas I should look at when test driving excluding the obvious things.
Old 09-18-24 | 07:36 AM
Lanson
Intermediate

Make sure the drive axle hump doesn't bother you. It is in the right place for rhd cars but for ours, it is a bit annoying and I'm not sure why it isn't mentioned more often. That said, I've reluctantly become used to it being there. Awd (mine at least) makes a slight whine at about 60mph coasting. I think that is normal. Other than that if you are good with the extra wheel we'll gap that comes free of charge, should go good to go. I love mine.
Old 09-18-24 | 08:39 AM
Sneks
Rookie

Originally Posted by Lanson
Make sure the drive axle hump doesn't bother you. It is in the right place for rhd cars but for ours, it is a bit annoying and I'm not sure why it isn't mentioned more often. That said, I've reluctantly become used to it being there. Awd (mine at least) makes a slight whine at about 60mph coasting. I think that is normal. Other than that if you are good with the extra wheel we'll gap that comes free of charge, should go good to go. I love mine.
Has yours been pretty reliable? The one I'm looking at has 118k. But I plan on taking it to the lexus dealer before I purchase it
Old 09-18-24 | 11:05 AM
Lanson
Intermediate

I have only had it for about 10 months, but I've had zero issues in terms of reliability.

I replaced a few things since I bought it just to keep it maintained, here's what I've done so far (and I'm at 120k)

Replaced
  • Sunroof seal (OEM Toyota part off eBay-dealership site)
  • New pads and rotors all around, noticed leaking rear caliper boot (I think I caused it by accidentally hitting the brake pedal when the pads were out, overextended the caliper boot some) so bought new OEM rear calipers from dealer
  • My Lower Control Arm bushings were making noise and showed wear once removed, replaced with GS-F units like you do with these.
  • TPMS issues with the warning light at some point right after buying, car dealer (NOT Lexus) put in new TPMS sensor in a wheel, light went out but cluster showed dashes instead of reading psi. Fixed the other day with Pacific Industrial OEM sensors when I bought new wheels and tires, all working now.

Other than that, my windshield is sandblasted or something and needs replaced soon, I need a new front bumper soon due to paint chipping and real damage from previous owner(s) lack of paying attention to it on curb blocks or something, uh leather on Lux model with the cream interior wore through the top layer in places and looks not great, aluminum hood has some small dents... just typical B.S. when buying a used car in a market that doesn't seem to take lovely care of their cars I guess. Mechanically other than noted, it is perfect.

I bought an extended warranty from the used dealer, covers literally everything that isn't a wear item, but so far I think that was a waste of a couple grand. All items are either maintenance, upgrades, or cosmetic.

Edit: I should stress that I bought this right in the middle of the Scamdemic/Plandemic and that severely limited the market so I got the one I could find with the options I wanted (Lux), and pretty much just dealt with the condition issues.

May yours be in better cosmetic condition!
Hope that helps!

Last edited by Lanson; 09-18-24 at 11:09 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Ranny48 (10-03-24)
Old 09-18-24 | 12:06 PM
charley95
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Lanson
I didn't like that intrusion on the AWD when I first started looking at them back in 17. Glad my RWD doesn't have it.
Lanson (09-18-24)
Old 09-18-24 | 03:18 PM
Lanson
Intermediate

Originally Posted by charley95
I didn't like that intrusion on the AWD when I first started looking at them back in 17. Glad my RWD doesn't have it.
Yeah first road trip I did I was grumbling a bit. But like all things "quirk and feature", you'll probably be ok.
Old 09-21-24 | 06:07 AM
Riptide711
Driver School Candidate

My 2015 AWD has been flawless for the 7 years and 49,000 miles I have owned it.
JDR76 (09-22-24)