GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

4GS mega thread (UPDATED; preview drives, specs, more interior pics)

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-11, 09:10 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by LB23
Inspiring posts from 1sicklex, huh? .

Originally Posted by dunnojack
pretty cool. i didn't know that either.

maybe if toyota bothered to trickle down the tech, more people would know about it.

they didn't even put it in the LS
I dunno, according to the link its in the LS too. I wasn't aware of that. I'm sure its one of those features that you think is overdone but when you drive with it a few times you think "mahn how did I live without it"

Hmm, I seem to be lacking as a Lexus fanboi

Old 04-17-11, 09:51 PM
LB23
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

I dunno, according to the link its in the LS too. I wasn't aware of that. I'm sure its one of those features that you think is overdone but when you drive with it a few times you think "mahn how did I live without it"

Now you disappoint me
Old 04-18-11, 11:23 AM
MichaelPea
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Sick, if you ban yourself for not being a devout fanboi, does that necessarily mean all Mikes are bad and can expect the boot too? After all, that was my saving grace!!
Old 04-18-11, 11:29 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Lacking as a fanboi is not acceptable.
Old 04-18-11, 02:50 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

There's a poll on Lexus' Facebook page asking "If it were your car, what would you like to see under the LF-Gh's hood?"

4 options - Hybrid Synergy Drive, LFA V10, All electric motor, or fuel efficient V6.

LFA V10 has 46% response followed by Hybrid Drive with 28%
Old 04-18-11, 05:04 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by *Batman*
There's a poll on Lexus' Facebook page asking "If it were your car, what would you like to see under the LF-Gh's hood?"

4 options - Hybrid Synergy Drive, LFA V10, All electric motor, or fuel efficient V6.

LFA V10 has 46% response followed by Hybrid Drive with 28%

hah. of course lfa v10.

but no one would buy it if it were really produced.
it would be too expensive for most of the poll responders.
Old 04-19-11, 03:29 AM
gsWarrior
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I prefer the GS keep its traditional cues
1. Quad lamps
2. Short/high deck
3. Rounded roofline

None of these are on this concept.

The grill isn't growing on me at all
Couldn't have said it better. I'm a huge GS fan and I'll admit that I wasn't a fan of the 3GS when it first released but it grew on me big time. I love that you can see cues from both 1st and 2nd generations. Maybe it will grow on me like the 3GS did but it's hard to get past that in-your-face grill.
Old 04-19-11, 11:36 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

How do we watch the product launch event at 5:30pm today? On the Lexus Facebook Page?
Old 04-19-11, 05:24 PM
bigblack06

Received 326 Likes on 223 Posts

PST right, cause I got a little worried! yeah 5:30 PM and 8:30PM Eastern, I'm on the lexus site!
Old 04-19-11, 05:37 PM
LexFather

There is no live feed

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/04/19/n...w-face-of-the/

SO FAR no specs or interior pics...maybe Ryan and co. can get some

Lexus LF-Gh Hybrid Concept Explores Design Features That Will Migrate to Future Lexus Vehicles

• LF-Gh concept to make world debut at 2011 New York International Auto Show
• Stylish and assertive concept advances notions of premium grand touring sedan
• Concept explores Lexus' future direction with aggressive and bold spindle-shaped front grille
NEW YORK (April 12, 2011) – The Lexus LF-Gh hybrid concept will make its global debut at the 2011 New York International Auto Show. The concept, which sets out to redefine the premium grand touring sedan, will be at the Lexus display through May 1.

"For this concept, Lexus designers studied characteristics that are often considered contradictory and difficult to execute together," said Kengo Matsumoto, general manager, Lexus Design Division, Toyota Motor Corporation. "The captivating design of the LF-Gh concept examines the possibility of balancing what are normally opposing qualities, such as style and functionality."

Working with a clean sheet of paper, Lexus Design Division designers aimed to perfectly blend style, performance, efficiency, and environmental compatibility in a premium, grand touring sedan while trying to leverage advanced, new technologies.

The team explored how a future grand touring sedan would look standing still and on the road, and what design approaches might work to convey an extraordinary combination of attributes. They came up with a design that unites hard and soft; and energetic and soothing elements.

Through this exercise, the definition of L-Finesse, the marque's design philosophy since 2001, has been refined and evolved to include a bolder, more distinct projection of what a premium car could become in a modern world. The result is the LF-Gh concept, which conveys original thoughts and ideas that will migrate to future Lexus vehicles on a global scale.

"Customers have been waiting for a bold concept like this from Lexus," said Mark Templin, Lexus Division group vice president and general manager. "We look forward to their feedback and integrating some of these exciting design features into future Lexus vehicles."

In The Grand Touring Tradition
With the LF-Gh, Lexus takes the idea of the grand touring sedan one step further. The LF-Gh was designed to be a high-performance concept capable of providing a moving driving experience, and comfortably transporting multiple occupants at higher speeds on long-distance drives. It combines a strong sense of presence and emotional appeal with functional attributes, supplying enhanced creature comforts plus the practical ability to transport personal supplies and luggage necessary for extended travel. Even while maintaining serene passenger comfort, it is a car designed to inspire and captivate the driver as hours behind the wheel accumulate.

The bold, wide stance is consistent with the goal of inspiring dynamic excellence on the road. Fundamentally, these are the proportions of an agile, responsive sedan built on an advanced rear-wheel-drive platform. The distinctive long greenhouse design provides the potential for functional passenger benefits, such as generous interior room for all four passengers, ample cargo area, and excellent forward visibility.

LED lighting hints at the range and scope of new materials, electronics and dynamic systems that endow this concept vehicle with state-of-the-art performance, driving control, and safety features. Overall, the LF-Gh's styling embodies the definition of what an authentic grand touring sedan from Lexus could be.

Dramatic and Bold, Yet Light and Agile
This newest Lexus concept brings together unique, dynamic proportions that lend to its advanced and aggressive stance. The LF-Gh is based on an architecture that enables a spirited, energetic and elegant car with an uncommonly assertive presence.

Viewed from the front, design elements contributing to the assertive effect include a boldly designed spindle-shaped grille that expresses the resolute face of Lexus, contributes to radiator and brake duct function, and is an essential element in achieving excellent aerodynamic performance. Every line in the LF-Gh combines form and function.

As an example, air flows in through front inlets adjacent to the unique vertical LED fog lamps, and exits through similar slim rear outlets that follow the curve of the tail lamps from the rear quarter panel. The concept also explores the minimization of traditional features such as side mirrors and door handles to enhance the sleekness and improve aerodynamics.

The spindle-shaped grille, a powerful design element that contributes to the commanding presence of the LF-Gh, also plays a role in airflow control and enhancing stability. It's a key feature that integrates distinctive style with engineering functionality without sacrifice in either discipline, and will be inherited by future Lexus models.

An athletic and strong stance is achieved through the contrast of the tapered torso and long cabin, with width-enhancing front and rear wheel arches. The form of the lower body begins from the short front overhang, and is cross cut in the middle of the rocker panel leaving the rear overhang looking light and agile.

Dynamic front fenders work to create a sense of movement, pushing down toward the ground to convey a low, crouching center of gravity. The raised hood implies ready and powerful performance potential. The rear deck has a robust, raised center deck lid that lets the air smoothly glide backward to flow gracefully into the rear fenders. Deeply sculptured dynamic twin spokes stemming from the center of the 20-inch wheels enhance an instinctive sense of driving appeal.

Lexus designers took advantage of increased width that provides an expansive canvas for distinct, wrap-around LED tail lamps. The use of distinctive tail lamps and intricately designed reflectors behind all-red lenses contribute to a strong visual presence. Judicious use of slim chrome trim elements in the bumper exhaust and integrated diffuser adds a subtle premium touch.

Unique LED headlamps and independent L-shaped LED daytime running lights assure that the Lexus face will be like no other car on the road.

A Gracious Interior
Behind dark tinted glass, hints of an all-new, future Lexus interior can be perceived. The cabin of the LF-Gh is the product of a meticulous re-examination of every detail, with the aim of making an interior that is driver-oriented.

The driver's zone includes a meter panel with excellent visibility and a console with intuitive operability. An all-new analog clock with a three-dimensional face, a contemporary and exclusive timepiece suitable to a premium luxury brand, is a focal point of the interior and represents a shift in Lexus' design philosophy.

Use of genuine, high-quality materials and rich, finely honed details help create a driver and passenger space consistent with the idea of a full-fledged grand touring sedan. It is an interior designed to respond to the needs of customers who know true quality, and are particular about details.

Hybrid Propulsion
Blue LED Lexus Hybrid Drive badges located on the front grille and rear trunk lid signal an intention to provide equal measures of fuel efficiency and performance on demand. The rear valance blends sculpted exhaust tips for a very clean, finished look, minimizing the presence of the exhaust system to suggest that the flow of exhaust gas will be substantially reduced. Taken as a whole, the treatment emphasizes that this hybrid concept is designed to comply with the exceptionally low emissions requirements of the future.

The LF-Gh design supports engineering that changes current notions of power, efficiency, safety, and environmental consideration in a premium luxury car.

"Although only a concept, we hope the LF-Gh will resonate with our customers worldwide, and communicate our intention to once again advance ideas about the face of Lexus luxury in the years to come," said Matsumoto.

Old 04-19-11, 05:38 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

I'm not seeing anything on the Lexus site. All I see is a button which says stay informed.

Typical Lexus. When others are doing live webcasts on Facebook, Lexus invites you to an online event and then fails to broadcast it. Really bad form and symbolic of their lack of leadership in technology (other than Hybrid technology).

Last edited by *Batman*; 04-19-11 at 05:43 PM.
Old 04-19-11, 05:41 PM
LexFather

Its weird b/c they usually always have a live feed. Maybe b/c its the press day? I have no idea why not this time.

Flipside does have some CL members there so they can add input later.

Old 04-19-11, 05:50 PM
EyeKutr
Pole Position

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

What a fawking letdown, and where the heck is the new gs anyways? Sometimes too much secrecy leads to disinterest
Old 04-19-11, 05:55 PM
bigblack06

Received 326 Likes on 223 Posts

Everytime I go a click on the video on the site it doesn't open anything up, anyone else having this problem!
Old 04-19-11, 06:02 PM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 198 Likes on 131 Posts

i wanted to like this car, but it just doesnt do it for me. Like others have said, i loved the quad lamps design on the 2GS and 3GS. I think i will stay with my 07 350 for a while.

Quick Reply: 4GS mega thread (UPDATED; preview drives, specs, more interior pics)