GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

4GS mega thread (UPDATED; preview drives, specs, more interior pics)

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-09, 10:44 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Yes, there is no replacment for displacement, Lexus can throw a turbo, supercharger or a hybrid in there, but if the customer have a choice, they would still choose displacement.
Old 12-31-09, 10:53 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some of the things Lexus have been researching
Old 12-31-09, 11:01 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
This arena of vehicle is supposed to consist of no holds barred, miser free, non conservative performance machines. Gas guzzler tax? Why would anyone who seeks these tyopes of machines care about something as miniscule as gas guzzler tax unless they are pinching pennies?? This GS-F engine should have a blower & be after market friendly. I guess I am so animated about this because I am not the conservative type & would love to see Lexus go ***** out with their vehicles.
Lexus is 20 years old. There was no AMG/M/RS etc when those brands were 20 years old. They are all relatively new in comparison to their history.

Lexus has always provided pretty good levels of power with some of the best levels of MPG. What is wrong with that? Its a pretty incredible feat the IS-F is as fast or barely a tick slower than the competition yet achieves better MPG.

That is progress and that is technology to me.

Funny, you say you want Lexus to go ***** out and they did with this, something Audi and BMW has no answer to and never made anything like it. You have dismissed this ***** out vehicle over and over.

So please, spare us.

I don't expect Lexus to do things like everyone else and if I want a BMW or Benz, then I will just get that brand. Lexus needs to do Lexus.

Old 12-31-09, 11:16 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Back on topic, speaking of the GS, I hope they retain a traditional V8 version of the GS for the next generation, not just V6 versions + hybrid and a high performance version. Even though I wasn't too crazy about the 3GS, I still couldn't find anything that suited my needs and wants any better.

There are many people who want a V8 sedan, but without the ultra low tires, rough suspension, etc, that is typically associated with high performance versions.
Old 12-31-09, 11:50 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
Back on topic, speaking of the GS, I hope they retain a traditional V8 version of the GS for the next generation, not just V6 versions + hybrid and a high performance version. Even though I wasn't too crazy about the 3GS, I still couldn't find anything that suited my needs and wants any better.
I really dont think a cyl turbo or hybrid can achieve the HP that is needed for the GS-F to compete with the competition.
Old 12-31-09, 12:26 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by The G Man
I really dont think a cyl turbo or hybrid can achieve the HP that is needed for the GS-F to compete with the competition.
I don't mind if Lexus makes a GS-F, but I also want a vanilla V8 version of the GS (such as bmw 550, mb E550, and so on).
Old 12-31-09, 01:09 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by The G Man
i believe the technology is there to make a GS-Fh, if lexus really wanted to. what's wrong in having a twin turbo V6 hybrid? or perhaps a V8 hybrid tuned for performance? i believe the hybrid system can be reworked to produce more TQ and HP gains, it's a question of modifying and/or making larger the electric motors and/or bigger/longer lasting hybrid battery packs.
Old 12-31-09, 03:14 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

for hybrid system i do have the worry about power. keep in mind that a lot of times on track, when car is pushed to the limit, the battery is easily drained. once it's gone, the car is "useless". so in that sense, i am not really sure about hybrid system when competing with m and amg
Old 12-31-09, 03:17 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Stormforge
i believe the technology is there to make a GS-Fh, if lexus really wanted to. what's wrong in having a twin turbo V6 hybrid? or perhaps a V8 hybrid tuned for performance? i believe the hybrid system can be reworked to produce more TQ and HP gains, it's a question of modifying and/or making larger the electric motors and/or bigger/longer lasting hybrid battery packs.
Complexity? Cost? Non-involving transmission? Weight?
Old 12-31-09, 03:18 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
for hybrid system i do have the worry about power. keep in mind that a lot of times on track, when car is pushed to the limit, the battery is easily drained. once it's gone, the car is "useless". so in that sense, i am not really sure about hybrid system when competing with m and amg

Would like to have a few words with you
Old 12-31-09, 03:39 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by MR_F1

Would like to have a few words with you
yeah i remember, and also the 450h 24 hr race car. i guess it depends on tuning somewhat, but still though, the way to charge the battery, it has to be another load
Old 12-31-09, 03:55 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
yeah i remember, and also the 450h 24 hr race car. i guess it depends on tuning somewhat, but still though, the way to charge the battery, it has to be another load
This > 450h race car. Why? Extremely quick charging ultra-capacitors.
Old 12-31-09, 04:59 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MR_F1
Complexity? Cost? Non-involving transmission? Weight?
so? i can dream about it can't i?
Old 12-31-09, 08:42 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I wish Lexus would have blown away the competition with more horsepower. For the money they are asking 600 hp is the entry price into that category. Lexus has never really blown away the competition in hp in any category of vehicle they make. Infiniti always seems to take that title. I wish Infiniti would come out with a G56 to run with the M3, ISF, C63, S4, etc. That would be cool
Old 01-01-10, 07:58 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I wish Lexus would have blown away the competition with more horsepower. For the money they are asking 600 hp is the entry price into that category. Lexus has never really blown away the competition in hp in any category of vehicle they make. Infiniti always seems to take that title. I wish Infiniti would come out with a G56 to run with the M3, ISF, C63, S4, etc. That would be cool

GS400, and IS350 came to my mind.

Quick Reply: 4GS mega thread (UPDATED; preview drives, specs, more interior pics)