GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

4GS mega thread (UPDATED; preview drives, specs, more interior pics)

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-11, 01:40 PM
Diemellz
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

at least the digi clock is gone........
Old 06-29-11, 02:32 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

The reason why no official pictures are released because proper marketing takes proper timing.

And yes, I see a remote touch mouse in there.
Old 06-29-11, 03:25 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From the preview and what can be seen in the galre filled pics, I think the interior is indeed amazing as well. A little BMW-esque (not unlike the CT), but more interesting. Anyone else think a huge screen is hiding in the dash?

Originally Posted by G Star
The reason why no official pictures are released because proper marketing takes proper timing.

And yes, I see a remote touch mouse in there.
+1

Originally Posted by Diemellz
at least the digi clock is gone........
Thank God. What's there looks good to. Just hope it's clear and easy to tell the time
Old 06-29-11, 03:41 PM
LexFather

Yeah interior is more Euro....not sure I like that. Some of us owners like the way Lexus do things. I see a **** and the remote touch....

I reported awhile back a huge 12" or so screen I think (damn forgot my own rumor) and another guy in the GS forum said 11" or so....

Old 06-29-11, 04:07 PM
LexFather

Batman, I do like how Benz/BMW/Audi offer base, then a sport package and I agree Lexus should do it. I guess the IS F sport and LS sport are the first. As we know we have to add F-sport parts to the GS ourselves and many don't want to do that.

Old 06-29-11, 04:31 PM
Lexuslvr91
Lead Lap

Any word on weigh reductions or powertrain specs?
Old 06-29-11, 05:01 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Yeah interior is more Euro....not sure I like that. Some of us owners like the way Lexus do things. I see a **** and the remote touch....

I reported awhile back a huge 12" or so screen I think (damn forgot my own rumor) and another guy in the GS forum said 11" or so....
Agree, Lexus interiors were always more refined and 'pretty' compared to their competitors. Seems like many sharp angles with curves in these teaser pics. Not fond of 'euro-style' like some claim in here but I don't think Lexus is trying to do that, seems like they're moving toward a more futuristic look.
Old 06-29-11, 05:54 PM
DaSyce
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I hope to still get a wood steering wheel. I miss having it.
Old 06-29-11, 06:33 PM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by *Batman*
Yeah so that argument is now out of date. It's not a double standard - it's a sign of changing times and technologies.

The argument still applies, but the current argument against Lexus on this dimension is that they don't offer dual clutch transmissions or sport automatics (except on the ISF and LS460 Sport). Why is it not an option on every model of Lexus (with the legitimate exception of the hybrids)?

I think the answer would be because Lexus doesn't offer sport packages, so why offer a sport automatic.

Well that answer isn't good either, because lexus is beginning to push sport packages - e.g. on the IS. So they should offer these transmissions as an option across the board (possible as part of a sports package on every model).

I think Lexus should do what Mercedes does with the C-Class - have a Sport and a Luxury for every model. Sport should be F-Sport with enhanced aerokit, black mesh or vertical vent grille, sport auto, and F-Sport suspension, sways, lowered, bigger wheels, etc. Luxury can have the traditional chrome horizontal Lexus grille, high ride height, higher profile tires, etc.

If Lexus wants to recapture number 1 in US (and become number 3 worldwide) I don't see them doing it with a half-baked approach to the sportier customers.

They don't need manuals though. The fact that AMG can do with manuals, means Lexus can do without manuals. They aren't competing with Porsche. Maybe they can offer it on their entry level models as a cost saver.
As much as it pains me to do so, I must agree with a lot of what you are saying

As much as I still like manuals in my sports car, I do agree that there aren't enough folks like me. I don't expect manufacturers to go to the expense of offering them if there are not enough buyers.

What really annoys me is Jags and M-B's that don't even have a proper floor shifter anymore even on their automatics, and that "toggle" floor shifter that BMW is in love with is not a hell of a lot better.
Old 06-29-11, 06:40 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 156 Likes on 116 Posts

aluminium klnob is definetly hybrid selector... i would expect interior to follow the patter of LFA and sure it does.
Old 06-29-11, 07:26 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
when the gs460 came out, i thought it looked disappointing

It looks exactly like your GS350!?
Old 06-29-11, 10:56 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
It looks exactly like your GS350!?
you must have missed what i have been saying for the longest time in the 3gs forum. i have never been very impressed with my gs350 or the 3gs as a whole, since 2005 when it was debut. i got the car coz' it makes daily sense, but as a car it's not very exciting at all, nothing like what 2gs brought me
Old 06-30-11, 09:42 AM
Alucard
Pole Position

I still believe that the first gen Lexus SC should be the benchmark for how Lexus does their initeriors. It was unique, but still graceful. Especially in Ivory, there really wasn't anything similar offered by its competitors.
Old 06-30-11, 09:53 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
you must have missed what i have been saying for the longest time in the 3gs forum. i have never been very impressed with my gs350 or the 3gs as a whole, since 2005 when it was debut. i got the car coz' it makes daily sense, but as a car it's not very exciting at all, nothing like what 2gs brought me
No I haven't missed your point. But if you were never really excited about the car in the first place...why did you keep it for so long or even consider it after you got rid of your LS? I liked the 3rd generation GS from the beginning...but after owning one...it didn't live up to my expectations.

Last edited by flipside909; 06-30-11 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 06-30-11, 11:07 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
No I haven't missed your point. But if you were never really excited about the car in the first place...why did you keep it for so long or even consider it after you got rid of your LS? I liked the 3rd generation GS from the beginning...but after owning one...it didn't live up to my expectations.
i got my gs350 in nov 2007 and sold my ls460l march 2008. like i said we got the gs350 because it's the sensible choice. e class was out for a while already and i hated the nav. 5 series never like the look. it's like making a choice among non-exciting choices. picking up the gs350 was really nothing more than driving to dealership, wrote a check, and came back. it was that normal. when i first saw the 3gs, i felt the trunk was weird already. looking at the trunk i was saddened further. the driving part is ok, sportier, but interior space disappointed me.

i am still keeping the gs350 mainly because it's paid off and we are actually thinking about getting another house. otherwise, that thing would have been out of my garage like that

like mike mentioned before, could be the 2gs really setting the hope too high. 2gs was so revolutionary and fantastic is multiple dimensions. with the 3gs, i can't even say it's a complete step up (tech and driving are up, space and quality are down). i do have hope for 4gs, but i have lowered it. i always say lexus can't afford to lose in the gs mid-size segment. the new e class and 5 series are both big step up from before (especially the 5), lexus is under a lot of pressure

Quick Reply: 4GS mega thread (UPDATED; preview drives, specs, more interior pics)