GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

4GS mega thread (UPDATED; preview drives, specs, more interior pics)

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-11, 02:29 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 156 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by TF109B
You missed the part where they entered a CT in the Nurburgring race last month? With a bigger engine might I add. So what car would be a new F model if the IS already has an F model? The CT has been out long enough, an F version would be my guess.
uhm 180hp hybrid version entered Nürburgring.

I am sure they can stick 300+ hp V6 in the FWD CT200h... I am not sure if it makes any sense though as they are hailing it as their hybrid only model and as you said, they already entered 180hp version in Nürburgring.

I have my doubts that they could fit GS450h powertrain in that car, but it might be possible as V6 by itself will fit for sure.
Old 07-03-11, 03:50 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 156 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by AutoUnion
We'd need a Camry-F first, so Toyota could share the powertrains
well Skoda Fabia doesnt get Audi S3 engine so it is going to be fine, i think :-)
Old 07-03-11, 04:27 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by designo
Remember these words:

No more V8 for Lexus GS!

That contradicts some recent info. A CL member who said he had the privilege of seeing the 4GS said that there will still be a V8 engine offered.
Old 07-03-11, 05:51 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AutoUnion
We'd need a Camry-F first, so Toyota could share the powertrains
Man the Camry F would be the Taurus SHO of the times!
Old 07-03-11, 08:38 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,239 Likes on 1,358 Posts

Originally Posted by *Batman*
Fair enough, but it was a response to a post that was a personal comment directed at me without reason.
Doesn't matter. Take some time to read our rules:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/faq...ponse_comments
Response to Comments
If you have a problem with another member's comments in a posted thread, do not respond with any further comments that will aggravate the situation. Reacting to a hostile post with more hostility also puts you in jeopardy, and puts you at risk for action against your account even if it was initially another member’s fault – it takes two to argue. Members have two options of recourse:

1) Email or private message the moderators of the forum in which the offensive comment is posted, directing them to the individual and thread in which the problem occurs. Use the "Notify a Moderator" button on the bottom of the offensive post to accomplish the same thing. Moderators will look into the issues and take the appropriate actions.

2) Resolve the problem between both of you via email or Private Message (PM).
If you have further questions, a PM is more appropriate.
Old 07-04-11, 10:04 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,557 Posts

Originally Posted by dunnojack

this picture makes the car look very unfinished.
well to be fair, that's because it is unfinished.

i hope it looks much better with the handles and mirror and moldings tacked on.
true, but i'm not expecting much.

the 5 series, in comparison, just looks more balanced and proportional......with less of a front overhang

i agree completely - the short overhang is awesome. the LF-Gh looks frumpy in comparison. if they keep the giant snout, especially with grill bigger than a football field, it will be a big joke worse than even audi's huge front grille.
Old 07-04-11, 10:08 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The overhang may be because the concept is a rebodied and widened 3GS (it did have same wheelbase). Maybe the actual new car will have a longer wheelbase.
Old 07-04-11, 02:26 PM
mikesm
Rookie

The overhang is a little disappointing to me as well. But I will probably wait to see what the production version looks like. If it looks exactly like these photos, I will probably get one of the new Audi A7's. I like their look, powerplant, and the telematics too.

But I have never owned anything other than a Toyota (83 Celica GT, 92 Supra, 99 GS400), so I will wait and see what they actually ship before defecting.
Old 07-04-11, 05:14 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mikesm
The overhang is a little disappointing to me as well. But I will probably wait to see what the production version looks like. If it looks exactly like these photos, I will probably get one of the new Audi A7's. I like their look, powerplant, and the telematics too.

But I have never owned anything other than a Toyota (83 Celica GT, 92 Supra, 99 GS400), so I will wait and see what they actually ship before defecting.
Toyota 4 Life
Old 07-05-11, 08:17 PM
rocks
Driver

Originally Posted by SNiiP3R
I want to see an RX-F and ES-F
Why, that would be the worst thing they could do, those two models are not marketed to anybody who cares about performance. The GS is the only other car in Lexus's current line-up that warrants the F-badge.
Old 07-06-11, 12:04 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf

I am sure they can stick 300+ hp V6 in the FWD CT200h... I am not sure if it makes any sense though as they are hailing it as their hybrid only model and as you said, they already entered 180hp version in Nürburgring.

I have my doubts that they could fit GS450h powertrain in that car, but it might be possible as V6 by itself will fit for sure.
Does the CT make 180hp? No. Has their been any new models from Lexus with Sportiness as a selling point? No. Is a new IS coming out next year? No. CT raced at the ring with a higher performance hybrid engine, but to you that means what? Either they just were having fun, or it's a testbed for a new CT- My thoughts are an F version. And the other is a GS-F.
Old 07-06-11, 12:41 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TF109B
Does the CT make 180hp? No. Has their been any new models from Lexus with Sportiness as a selling point? No. Is a new IS coming out next year? No. CT raced at the ring with a higher performance hybrid engine, but to you that means what? Either they just were having fun, or it's a testbed for a new CT- My thoughts are an F version. And the other is a GS-F.
Yes... the CT at the ring DID make ~180hp using the HS powertrain...

If they do make an F version, IMO, it better be >200HP... 250-300HP would be good for a CT-F
Old 07-06-11, 01:04 PM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by spwolf

The front will not fit both a 3.5L V6 and an electric motor for sure, but they can put the electric motor in the back with no mechanical connection to the front, and use a traditional automatic or even manual transmission to drive the front wheels. It'll no longer be HSD but still a hybrid.
Old 07-07-11, 09:04 AM
jjbenzo
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Just thought I would share. According to Lexus customer care, the next gen. GS will be unveiled 8-18-11.
Old 07-07-11, 09:53 AM
mikesm
Rookie

Originally Posted by jjbenzo
Just thought I would share. According to Lexus customer care, the next gen. GS will be unveiled 8-18-11.
Interesting. And when is it set to be delivered to the dealerships?

Quick Reply: 4GS mega thread (UPDATED; preview drives, specs, more interior pics)