GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

4GS mega thread (UPDATED; preview drives, specs, more interior pics)

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-11, 12:05 AM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
how are the front and back lights compared to concept? front grille?
Originally Posted by rominl
that's awesome info, thanks hoovey. i guess i just have one question, the front end / grille / bumper, is it really like the concept???

i am definitely interested in the interior. similar to the pics and that's very good news to me. can't wait to see how the seats are.
Originally Posted by dunnojack
yeah man.

all i care about is.............. does it have a gaping grille or not ?

Sorry I've been lacking to your responses. The gaping grille is NOT on the production model, and is specific to the concept. The grille is normal sized with a body panel separating it from the lower air dam. Best example I can think of is an Audi front end with a large grille/air damn of same design, separated with almost a euro sized license plate strip inbetween. I'd like to add that the F-Sport trim will have the common zigzag from the IS-F, IS F-Sport for both the grille and lower air dam. The quad headlight design of past GSs is gone, looks like the MBZ E-class is going solo in this department now. From dead on, the front fender wheel arches are muscular and well sculpted though not as prominent as the fenders on the Infiniti M (!!!).

The rear is very clean. Similar to the concept, but with a more simple and elegant design befitting a vehicle of this caliber. Aggression from the concept is still retained. The extended lines from the concepts tails do not make it to production nor do those vertical slants off the taillight. Overall, this much more masculine GS makes its predecessors look soft. In a nerdy way, I look at the GSs evolution as a pokemon going through the stages. Cute and lovable, robust and capable, formidable and unwavering with all the right moves hah

As far as interior goes, well the pics already shown are for real. The design is much more upscale, materials are first rate though some of that cheap brushed plastic (think RX, GX) does line a few places on the dash. Last thing I can remember is the gauge cluster with the tach and speedometer is no longer a 3 sunken gauge design like past GSs. Its two prominent electroluminescent ones.

Wish I had the pics in front of me, but alas I do not, going by memory. Hope this answers your questions.
Old 07-08-11, 12:15 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

sounds promising, especially the front end
Old 07-08-11, 12:17 AM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

thanks for the descriptions hoovey. How do I get on that email list?
Old 07-08-11, 01:42 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
ok, so something like this ?
they're actually going to use the audi black bar across the grille ?
Attached Thumbnails 4GS mega thread (UPDATED; preview drives, specs, more interior pics)-lexus-lf-gh_concept_2011_1600x1200_wallpaper_01.jpg   4GS mega thread (UPDATED; preview drives, specs, more interior pics)-lexus-lf-gh_concept_2011_1600x1200_wallpaper_0b.jpg  
Old 07-08-11, 05:50 AM
ISFSPORT10
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't reveal how, but I have seen pictures of the official 2012 GS Model.I also could not take pictures with my phone because of pre release implications. I have seen full interior and exterior shots. The car has kept about 95 percent of its look from the concept. Although the front Grille is not one piece as it is split. The interior is gorgeous. The Car will be released in Late January,with the Hybrid to be released approx 3 months later. The ES and ES Hybrid will be released at the same time as the GS Hybrid and all I can say is WOW!!!Wait till you see that. There is some sad news though. The GS350 will be released with the same current V6 and 6speed Transmission same output. The Hybrid will be geared more towards fuel economy . There will be NO V8 GS. I am very dissapointed in this as I am sure others will be too. GS-f Will also be release approx 2-3 years after release of GS. It is currently undecided if it will have a V10 or V8. You can flame away no proof but this is as solid as it gets
Old 07-08-11, 05:58 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFSPORT10
I can't reveal how, but I have seen pictures of the official 2012 GS Model.I also could not take pictures with my phone because of pre release implications. I have seen full interior and exterior shots. The car has kept about 95 percent of its look from the concept. Although the front Grille is not one piece as it is split. The interior is gorgeous. The Car will be released in Late January,with the Hybrid to be released approx 3 months later. The ES and ES Hybrid will be released at the same time as the GS Hybrid and all I can say is WOW!!!Wait till you see that. There is some sad news though. The GS350 will be released with the same current V6 and 6speed Transmission same output. The Hybrid will be geared more towards fuel economy . There will be NO V8 GS. I am very dissapointed in this as I am sure others will be too. GS-f Will also be release approx 2-3 years after release of GS. It is currently undecided if it will have a V10 or V8. You can flame away no proof but this is as solid as it gets
Thanks. Very helpful. Looks like they won't be a model for me for 2-3 years, but the good news is there will be something good for my mother which I can drive when I am visiting my parents.

Which design is more impressive: ES or GS?

The GS launch is analogous to the Audi A8. Beautiful new car, with gorgeous interior, launched with old powertrain initially.
Old 07-08-11, 06:15 AM
ISFSPORT10
Driver School Candidate

The ES had everyone shocked. Of course I would do the GS for the preference of RWD. GS will also have a 4wheel steering system
Old 07-08-11, 06:29 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,371 Likes on 1,556 Posts

^^ sure hope the back isn't as plain as that.
Old 07-08-11, 06:47 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

i wouldn't be surprised if the ES looked better than the GS.

When i saw the LFGH, I just couldn't imagine how different the ES could look. I thought the LFGH could pass for an ES too.
Based on the camry chassis, the ES can't possibly have that RWD stance though, with its smaller wheelbase.
But for those that don't know better, the GS would probably seem like a redundant product.

It sucks that there won't be any v6 upgrades. MPG is already behind competitors.
It makes me wonder if they're gonna pull the same crap they did with the gs300-->gs350 one year in.
Old 07-08-11, 06:55 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any word on the engines, hoovey? Updates or replacements for the current 3.5L and 4.6L?
Old 07-08-11, 07:03 AM
ISFSPORT10
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dunnojack
i wouldn't be surprised if the ES looked better than the GS.

When i saw the LFGH, I just couldn't imagine how different the ES could look. I thought the LFGH could pass for an ES too.
Based on the camry chassis, the ES can't possibly have that RWD stance though, with its smaller wheelbase.
But for those that don't know better, the GS would probably seem like a redundant product.

It sucks that there won't be any v6 upgrades. MPG is already behind competitors.
It makes me wonder if they're gonna pull the same crap they did with the gs300-->gs350 one year in.
Yes it seems as there will be a second year engine replacement.
Old 07-08-11, 07:22 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 210 Likes on 144 Posts

a la the 3GS....hopefully the 4GS 2nd MY will have an upgraded line of engines. anxiously waiting to see this mythical GS-F in 2-3 years...
Old 07-08-11, 07:40 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Were they planning to offer the ES with AWD?
Old 07-08-11, 08:04 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 210 Likes on 144 Posts

If they are, I guess that means the new 2012 Camrys will be AWD as well, probably. Hell, Georgetown already does the AWD system for the Venza, why not add the Camry to that list as well.
Old 07-08-11, 08:12 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

if not an engine upgrade, at least stick an 8 speed in for extra mileage.

Quick Reply: 4GS mega thread (UPDATED; preview drives, specs, more interior pics)