GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

4GS mega thread (UPDATED; preview drives, specs, more interior pics)

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-11, 08:49 AM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What about the fog lights? Were they the same as what we have on the CT or like on the concept? And was the grill poking outward a bit relative to the lights like the concept?
Old 07-08-11, 09:23 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Sorry I've been lacking to your responses. The gaping grille is NOT on the production model, and is specific to the concept. The grille is normal sized with a body panel separating it from the lower air dam. Best example I can think of is an Audi front end with a large grille/air damn of same design, separated with almost a euro sized license plate strip inbetween.
Wow, very descriptive.

And for the side view, is it slab sided like Bangle's 5 series?

Just to make sure for the grille, is it what DJ posted above or is it like the old audi grille:

ala current audi grille type:

Old 07-08-11, 09:28 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dunnojack
if not an engine upgrade, at least stick an 8 speed in for extra mileage.
I got a customer survey from Lexus a couple of days ago asking about the importance of an 8-speed automatics and dual-clutch automatics in my purchase decision for my new car.

So they are clearly thinking about this. I suspect a lot of Lexus owners, being an older crowd, probably don't care - which reduces the urgency for Lexus.
Old 07-08-11, 09:34 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,371 Likes on 1,556 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
that'd be awesome, together with PB launch edition?
read this post before coffee this morning and thought PB referred to peanut butter.
Old 07-08-11, 09:36 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 156 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
ala current audi grille type:

if it was that, it would still be large grille as you cant almost see the middle part :-).

But i believe from his response that it would be body colored, i think someone made such photoshop previously.
Old 07-08-11, 10:49 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
read this post before coffee this morning and thought PB referred to peanut butter.
If the launch model is a GS350 with 6 speed, then peanut butter is not a bad description.
Old 07-08-11, 11:02 AM
designo
Pole Position

Received 468 Likes on 290 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFSPORT10
I can't reveal how, but I have seen pictures of the official 2012 GS Model.I also could not take pictures with my phone because of pre release implications. I have seen full interior and exterior shots. The car has kept about 95 percent of its look from the concept. Although the front Grille is not one piece as it is split. The interior is gorgeous. The Car will be released in Late January,with the Hybrid to be released approx 3 months later. The ES and ES Hybrid will be released at the same time as the GS Hybrid and all I can say is WOW!!!Wait till you see that. There is some sad news though. The GS350 will be released with the same current V6 and 6speed Transmission same output. The Hybrid will be geared more towards fuel economy . There will be NO V8 GS. I am very dissapointed in this as I am sure others will be too. GS-f Will also be release approx 2-3 years after release of GS. It is currently undecided if it will have a V10 or V8. You can flame away no proof but this is as solid as it gets
Very accurate info right there! I got to see the real deal last wednesday right here in Bahrain. They are debuting the 2012 GS350 late july.

I got pictures, but had to swear by oath not to post. And the Lexus Rep is monitoring this forum! LOL

Sorry guys..

You will not be disappointed with the 4GS.
Old 07-08-11, 11:14 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 156 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by *Batman*
If the launch model is a GS350 with 6 speed, then peanut butter is not a bad description.
what else would be start model?
Old 07-08-11, 11:19 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
lol that sounds way too yummy
Old 07-08-11, 11:31 AM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
if it was that, it would still be large grille as you cant almost see the middle part :-).

But i believe from his response that it would be body colored, i think someone made such photoshop previously.

I actually think it would look better with the blacked out divider, I hope that's what they'll do.
Old 07-08-11, 11:43 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

thank you so much for the information ISFSPORT10, really appreciate it!!!

seems like exterior won't be as crazy as the concept (good), and interior is very gorgeous (awesome)! those are all good signs i think.

but the drivetrain is a very low painful point to see..... the same v6 and 6 speed?!?! something from back in 2006 (released in japan)?? gosh that's sad... and since no v8, and hybrid comes out in 2-3 months, that means the new gs will only debut with just the gs350 model? umm..... dunno what to think there. and for hybrid, is it going to be just one or two hybrid models? i am asking because it's mentioned that hybrid is more about fuel economy, then that means there will be nothing in the performance aspect to go against the v8 variant from competitors? that's not good at all.......

and gsf in 2-3 YEARS?!?!?! YEARS? that will make it 2015-2016? isn't that a little too late?
Old 07-08-11, 11:45 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by designo
Very accurate info right there! I got to see the real deal last wednesday right here in Bahrain. They are debuting the 2012 GS350 late july.

I got pictures, but had to swear by oath not to post. And the Lexus Rep is monitoring this forum! LOL

Sorry guys..

You will not be disappointed with the 4GS.

if they are debuting late this month, then we should see official pics pouring in soon.
Old 07-08-11, 11:48 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by dunnojack
if they are debuting late this month, then we should see official pics pouring in soon.
yup, could be. and there are news about 8/18 debut in the US too. everything seems to line up quite well. the exciting time is here
Old 07-08-11, 12:01 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

so the final version keeps the new exhaust design?

with hyundai copying the LS exhaust outlets, lexus HAS TO do something with the production version of the exhaust
Old 07-08-11, 12:12 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^That looks really good

Quick Reply: 4GS mega thread (UPDATED; preview drives, specs, more interior pics)