GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

4GS mega thread (UPDATED; preview drives, specs, more interior pics)

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-11, 08:59 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

I dig those fenders alot, very muscular and aggressive looking front. Something that I always liked about an IS and wished the 3GS had something similar.....
Old 08-04-11, 09:08 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by 8SpdShift
I wonder if the GS-F's grille will be reminiscent of the blacked-out grille featured on the pre-production Toyota Aurion TRD...
The more aggressive GS 350 F-Sport Grill (a page or two back) is pretty much all we will see... I doubt a 3rd grill will make onto the GS-F..

But anything's possible..

Fenders do seem to carry some nice flares, like the current IS-F

Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 08-04-11 at 09:20 PM.
Old 08-04-11, 09:18 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Still quite shocked at how aggressive the front if this car is. Front end + LF-Gh sides and rear end will be an amazing combination.

Based on what we have seen and read, I really think Lexus hit a home run with this one
Old 08-04-11, 09:39 PM
Mind18
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by iggyhop9
I was kinda worried about this teaser after seeing the plain horizontal bars and the possibly body colored separator, but then I went back and looked at the photos from the numerous driving reviews from last week and saw immediately that this a base model GS250/350 with no F-Sport additions, which doesn't concern me because the only model I will consider buying is the GS-F. If you look at the review photos of the GS-450h, you'll see the lights are different and carry a 3 ring characteristic. Also, the grill has a black mesh design on the hybrid and different fog lights, which look loads better. Actually, I think whole front has a different body kit on it when it comes to the hybrid. It has protruding front that brings out, literally, the pinch design that is chrome outlined on the teaser. Unless you plan on getting the base 250/350, you probably won't have to deal with the plain front. For those who get the F-Sport, Hybrid, or *fingers crossed* GS-F, you'll be fine.
Looks pretty good so far, but I wish base models weren't so dumbed down. Especially in regards to wheel design. I understand that the margins on options are huge. So companies provide better looking wheels at a price, to push the consumer to upgrade, but when you are talking about luxury vehicles, to me it just hurts with the brand's image when I constantly see base models with cheap looking wheels on the streets. Do that with mainstream cars, but not luxury vehicles.
Old 08-05-11, 05:28 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,438 Likes on 1,598 Posts

looks hawt. hope the car in that preview shot hasn't been artificially lowered as many glamor shots are.
Old 08-05-11, 06:15 AM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mind18
Looks pretty good so far, but I wish base models weren't so dumbed down. Especially in regards to wheel design. I understand that the margins on options are huge. So companies provide better looking wheels at a price, to push the consumer to upgrade, but when you are talking about luxury vehicles, to me it just hurts with the brand's image when I constantly see base models with cheap looking wheels on the streets. Do that with mainstream cars, but not luxury vehicles.
Just imagine we get the 350 as a base car, other places get a 250 as a base car this generation.

I'm excited for it!
Old 08-05-11, 07:51 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mind18
Don't worry 19's will probably be an option for non F-Sport trims and most likely there will be some 20's as accessory.
Old 08-05-11, 08:03 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BNR34
It is hilarious how we are all so desperately want to see the new GS, but the truth is it will just be a scaled up CT200h, it will look 95% identical, it is just the new corporate face

Even the hood line, windshield shape and side mirrors almost looks identical!

Your post has some merit but creates disappointment. Let's hope this is not true.
Old 08-05-11, 10:41 AM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think it looks better without the chrome continuing into the grill:

4GS mega thread (UPDATED; preview drives, specs, more interior pics)-xwjuh.jpg
Old 08-05-11, 11:30 AM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Isn't the picture just a photoshop job in the first place? Two weeks we'll see the real deal, I bet it surprises.
Old 08-05-11, 11:44 AM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TF109B
Isn't the picture just a photoshop job in the first place? Two weeks we'll see the real deal, I bet it surprises.
No it's the real deal. The picture is from Lexus, it is the front end of the 4GS not a photoshopped depiction.
Old 08-05-11, 01:07 PM
iggyhop9
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey, I went to the Lexus GS vehicle website and there is a "chat with Lexus" slide you can click. You click on it and it connects you to a representative. Here is a copy and paste of my convo:
TTho (Listening)
TTho: Welcome to Lexus Chat. How may I help you?

Demetrius S: Hi, I had question regarding the 2012 Lexus GS. Will there be one or will skip a model year?

TTho: Thank you for your interest in a Lexus vehicle.

TTho: May I have a moment to research your question ?

Demetrius S: No problem

TTho: Thank you.

TTho: Yes, there will be a 2012 GS. The fourth- generation GS has been redesigned inside and out and will feature a distinctive new grille.

Demetrius S: That's the issue. I see on the official Lexus website that there will be a fourth-generation GS, but the website says 2013. Will the 2012 be based on the third generation or fourth generation?

TTho: Lexus will reveal the all new GS on Thursday,August 18th in conjunction with the pebble beach concours d'Elegance. The 2012 model will be based on the fourth-generation.

Demetrius S: Oh, ok. So if I wanted to purchase the current 3rd generation, the 2011 model would be the last one of that cycle?

TTho: That is correct.

Demetrius S: Great. And everything else about the fourth generation with be revealed on the 18th?

TTho: The details have not yet been revealed. But, the press conference will also be broadcast live online and archived at http://www.LexusNewsroom.com.

Demetrius S: Ok, I guess I'll wait until then. Thank you for your help!

TTho: Your very welcome.

TTho: Thank you for visiting Lexus Chat. It was a pleasure assisting you. Please enjoy your day.

Demetrius S: You too.

So, I just found it interesting that the website says "2013", the reviews have been mixed between 2012 and 2013, and this Lexus chat says 2012. What do you guys think?
Old 08-05-11, 01:15 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by iggyhop9
Hey, I went to the Lexus GS vehicle website and there is a "chat with Lexus" slide you can click. You click on it and it connects you to a representative. Here is a copy and paste of my convo:
TTho (Listening)
TTho: Welcome to Lexus Chat. How may I help you?

Demetrius S: Hi, I had question regarding the 2012 Lexus GS. Will there be one or will skip a model year?

TTho: Thank you for your interest in a Lexus vehicle.

TTho: May I have a moment to research your question ?

Demetrius S: No problem

TTho: Thank you.

TTho: Yes, there will be a 2012 GS. The fourth- generation GS has been redesigned inside and out and will feature a distinctive new grille.

Demetrius S: That's the issue. I see on the official Lexus website that there will be a fourth-generation GS, but the website says 2013. Will the 2012 be based on the third generation or fourth generation?

TTho: Lexus will reveal the all new GS on Thursday,August 18th in conjunction with the pebble beach concours d'Elegance. The 2012 model will be based on the fourth-generation.

Demetrius S: Oh, ok. So if I wanted to purchase the current 3rd generation, the 2011 model would be the last one of that cycle?

TTho: That is correct.

Demetrius S: Great. And everything else about the fourth generation with be revealed on the 18th?

TTho: The details have not yet been revealed. But, the press conference will also be broadcast live online and archived at http://www.LexusNewsroom.com.

Demetrius S: Ok, I guess I'll wait until then. Thank you for your help!

TTho: Your very welcome.

TTho: Thank you for visiting Lexus Chat. It was a pleasure assisting you. Please enjoy your day.

Demetrius S: You too.

So, I just found it interesting that the website says "2013", the reviews have been mixed between 2012 and 2013, and this Lexus chat says 2012. What do you guys think?
WHo knows... maybe they might release the 4GS as a late 2012 model (winter)
Old 08-05-11, 01:48 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Not sure if this was posted or not, just found the official page http://www.lexus.com/GS-2013/ but there is nothing there that we don't know
Old 08-05-11, 02:04 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

wow oh wow, the 18th is coming up fast

Quick Reply: 4GS mega thread (UPDATED; preview drives, specs, more interior pics)