GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

4GS mega thread (UPDATED; preview drives, specs, more interior pics)

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-11, 02:43 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by *Batman*
Your post has some merit but creates disappointment. Let's hope this is not true.
I hope it is not true too, I hate it when the entire line of cars from one brand all look the same

I was just pointing out facts.
Old 08-05-11, 02:53 PM
jruhi4
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by iggyhop9
So, I just found it interesting that the website says "2013", the reviews have been mixed between 2012 and 2013, and this Lexus chat says 2012. What do you guys think?
The way that Lexus microsite is set up makes it crystal-clear that the 4th-gen GS will be a 2013 and will go on sale in North America no earlier than January 1, 2012.

The real question is whether there will be a short run of 3rd-gen GS labeled as 2012 or if the GS will just skip the 2012 model year altogether. IIRC, the GS also skipped the 2005 model year between the 2nd-gen and 3rd-gen.
Old 08-05-11, 03:07 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by jruhi4
the GS also skipped the 2005 model year between the 2nd-gen and 3rd-gen.
2005 2GS exist
Old 08-05-11, 03:56 PM
eggwoll
Lead Lap

wow it looks great. im ecstatic for the release.
Old 08-05-11, 09:02 PM
Haitwun
Pole Position

I just RSVPed for the GS unveiling at Parc du Concours at Pebble Beach.
Who else is going?
Old 08-05-11, 09:06 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Haitwun
Who else is going?
I'll be there!! We should all meet up/eat lunch before the unveiling.

I was gonna start a thread about this but I wasn't sure where it should go
Old 08-05-11, 09:11 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BNR34
I hope it is not true too, I hate it when the entire line of cars from one brand all look the same

I was just pointing out facts.
For me it's not even the cars looking the same - I just regard the CT as looking very plain. The interior is Lexus grade. But a Honda badge would not be out of place on the exterior.
Old 08-05-11, 09:20 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For me it's not even the cars looking the same - I just regard the CT as looking very plain. The interior is Lexus grade. But a Honda badge would not be out of place on the exterior.
This is what the CT grill looks like in 3D:
4GS mega thread (UPDATED; preview drives, specs, more interior pics)-hmuj2.jpg

What the LF-Gh grill and by the looks of the 4GS grill looks like in 3D:
4GS mega thread (UPDATED; preview drives, specs, more interior pics)-bilzk.jpg

Same basic idea, but implemented differently. More direct and muscular on the GS, but it's not exactly the same front end.
Old 08-05-11, 09:25 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Lexus has gone Acura with this GS. No V8 and smaller motor option. Might as well stick a Honda badge on it. But....wait and see the final product. More interesting than the last gen GS, that is for sure.
Old 08-05-11, 10:31 PM
lexnight
Driver School Candidate

Default 4th generation GS computer image

A sketch from Japan reveal a very close design to production car.IMHO,the styling of new car will not far different from these.

Source:http://autoten.com/2011/05/18/is-thi...tion-lexus-gs/
Old 08-05-11, 10:32 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
Lexus has gone Acura with this GS. No V8 and smaller motor option. Might as well stick a Honda badge on it. But....wait and see the final product. More interesting than the last gen GS, that is for sure.
well we haven't seen the (rumored) GS-F yet, so i think your comment regarding no V8 is a little premature. IF their is no GS-F and no V8 option for regular 4GS, then yes, i would have to agree with your point.
Old 08-05-11, 11:06 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

My comments regarding the 4GS looking identical to the CT is just referring to the front end, hood and side mirrors only. The rest of the GS will be much better looking, flare fenders and much nicer rear end. The CT is a bottom of the line, luxury economy box is how I view it. It is a Lexus Prius, of course it is very plain.
Old 08-05-11, 11:12 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
This is what the CT grill looks like in 3D:

What the LF-Gh grill and by the looks of the 4GS grill looks like in 3D:

Same basic idea, but implemented differently. More direct and muscular on the GS, but it's not exactly the same front end.
The production teaser shown is already much more toned down from the LF-Gh

Of course it is not exactly the same front end, it will have a bunch of tiny subtle differences, but the general overall shape is identical.

You don't believe me now, the 18th is only 2 weeks away.

Last edited by BNR34; 08-05-11 at 11:19 PM.
Old 08-05-11, 11:24 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stormforge
well we haven't seen the (rumored) GS-F yet, so i think your comment regarding no V8 is a little premature. IF their is no GS-F and no V8 option for regular 4GS, then yes, i would have to agree with your point.
Sounds like it will be V6 GS350, V6 Hybrid GS450h and V8 GS-F.

That make sense, the current GS450h have always been advertised as having V8 power, and it does......even though in my opinion it doesn't have the V8 feel, it just got the V8 peak power. They even purposely detuned the current GS460 to 340 hp to matched the V6 hybrid power.....they are trying to ease us into that idea.

Even if there is no V8 in the non-F car, it is still no Acura.......Acura still have no RWD sedan yet.
Old 08-06-11, 06:55 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Haitwun
Who else is going?

Originally Posted by GiantsFan
I'll be there!! We should all meet up/eat lunch before the unveiling.

I was gonna start a thread about this but I wasn't sure where it should go

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
I've read some pretty lol comments in here but this takes the cake The GS F is coming to fight the M5 etc to join the IS F and LFA. Acura has nothing at all planned in any of those areas. The current GS 450h makes more power than the "most powerful Acura ever". Show me ANY Acura hybrid. This car has more technology then their entire lineup.

Originally Posted by BNR34
My comments regarding the 4GS looking identical to the CT is just referring to the front end, hood and side mirrors only. The rest of the GS will be much better looking, flare fenders and much nicer rear end. The CT is a bottom of the line, luxury economy box is how I view it. It is a Lexus Prius, of course it is very plain.
I'm going to nip this in the bud like I nippped the ridiculous "overhang" claim which was proved wrong. It is not identical and I can easily explain how the two will look drastically different in person.
1 The CT is FWD, the GS is RWD.

Anyone that has seen the CT can see Lexus tried to make it aggresive but its tough b/c of the FWD architecture and proportions. There is so much the designer can do to tranfer Lexus DNA to this car. The CT is much boxier up front with minimal detailing.

In contrast this GS was designed with an all new RWD platform to be aggressive up front. They might share cues but that is all. Part of the reason these cars are more expensive is the detailing and efforts made in styling compared to cheaper cars.

I'm positive when the final product debuts, you will not think "OMG CT".

Lexus is damned if they do, damned if they don't. Some people complain all the cars look different and need to share more DNA. Now some people are saying "OMG IT LOOKS THE SAME".

If anything, I'm upset there are no quad headlights

Quick Reply: 4GS mega thread (UPDATED; preview drives, specs, more interior pics)