GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

4GS mega thread (UPDATED; preview drives, specs, more interior pics)

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-11, 06:14 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
if porsche can sell a panamera and cayenne, lexus can absolutely sell a 911 type model. it would be an SC-F
I don't see the corrlation of that logic.

But Lexus should have made the LFA out of steel and mass produce it for a price tag of less then $150k as a 911/R8/SL competitor........calling it either SC500 or SC-F. That would be a much better success then the current LFA. I am sure a lot of current SC430 owners are ready for an upgrade.
Old 08-15-11, 07:06 PM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I know im ready
Old 08-15-11, 08:22 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by BNR34
I don't see the corrlation of that logic.

But Lexus should have made the LFA out of steel and mass produce it for a price tag of less then $150k as a 911/R8/SL competitor........calling it either SC500 or SC-F. That would be a much better success then the current LFA. I am sure a lot of current SC430 owners are ready for an upgrade.
I digress...it wouldn't have gotten nearly as much press and praise like the LFA did.

These things come in stages, fun Lexus coupes are in our future!
Old 08-15-11, 09:28 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by G Star
I digress...it wouldn't have gotten nearly as much press and praise like the LFA did.

These things come in stages, fun Lexus coupes are in our future!
I am truly looking forward to that. For one, there needs to be an IS or GS coupe...If not both. And I anticipate the evolution of the SC once Lexus resurrects it again. Let's hope it's a CL fighter or a at least the size of the 6 Series. Until then we anxiously await Thursday for a real peek in to the future of Lexus.
Old 08-15-11, 09:37 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Two more days!!!!
Old 08-15-11, 11:08 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

She's already been leaked!

Link

Still I'd prefer to see the actual launch car and higher res pics.
Old 08-15-11, 11:11 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
She's already been leaked!

Link

Still I'd prefer to see the actual launch car and higher res pics.
ummmm....pass
Old 08-15-11, 11:16 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DrRick
ummmm....pass
My only problems are with the fog lights and the chrome extending too far into the grill, otherwise even in this white and poor resolution it looks pretty good. It's bold, that's for sure. Loving the subtle "hips" at the rear.
Old 08-15-11, 11:24 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Wow surprised it leaked! Still would prefer as well official high-res pics, but this will suffice for now. The white hides a lot of the muscular body lines unfortunately, and the wheel gap there is because its the AWD model, but otherwise it looks good even in white. Even in white you can see how pronounced the fender flares are.

Love how aggressive the front and rear ends are. Amazing tail light design from Lexus, this along with the CT and LFA are all awesome tail light designs. I hope that means the new ES, IS, and LS get similar awesome tail designs. Both the head and tail lights look very sophisticated, jewel-like and expensive, fitting only for a Lexus. The head and tail lights also clearly set this apart from any Toyota models. Also like the subtle diffuser in the rear.

IMHO Lexus nailed the exterior design this time. No awkward angles, or bulbous parts to the car. I think this will be a car that pleases a lot of 2GS fans. Cant wait to see more pics .
Old 08-15-11, 11:36 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Nooo...my eyes! I was saving it for Pebble Beach!

Watermarks are simplified Chinese so its probable to have been spied in China.

I was very reserved about online pictures of IS-C and CT until I saw them in person, it won't be much different with the GS but I do like what I see. Can't wait for GS-h
Old 08-15-11, 11:38 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Wow surprised it leaked! Still would prefer as well official high-res pics, but this will suffice for now. The white hides a lot of the muscular body lines unfortunately, and the wheel gap there is because its the AWD model, but otherwise it looks good even in white. Even in white you can see how pronounced the fender flares are.

Love how aggressive the front and rear ends are. Amazing tail light design from Lexus, this along with the CT and LFA are all awesome tail light designs. I hope that means the new ES, IS, and LS get similar awesome tail designs. Both the head and tail lights look very sophisticated, jewel-like and expensive, fitting only for a Lexus. The head and tail lights also clearly set this apart from any Toyota models. Also like the subtle diffuser in the rear.

IMHO Lexus nailed the exterior design this time. No awkward angles, or bulbous parts to the car. I think this will be a car that pleases a lot of 2GS fans. Cant wait to see more pics .
A lot of the lines and surfaces are still hidden in that they don't translate well in these shots, plus the white doesn't help. Still I am excited by these pics, front and rear are definitely strong points but the side remains to be seen fully. It's a very bold looking car that will definitely stand out, command attention and presence next to say a 5 series. It certainly can't be confused with any Toyota and that is a big plus.

Originally Posted by G Star
Nooo...my eyes! I was saving it for Pebble Beach!

Watermarks are simplified Chinese so its probable to have been spied in China.

I was very reserved about online pictures of IS-C and CT until I saw them in person, it won't be much different with the GS but I do like what I see. Can't wait for GS-h
Let me apologize in advance for showing you guys this, I would have preferred to wait as well but it's a leak.
Old 08-16-11, 12:21 AM
8SpdShift
Driver School Candidate

Don't apologize! I couldn't wait two more days to see this lol! I must say, I am really liking it. A little bit more toned down than I would have preferred, but it's not a big deal. I think she's gorgeous. To me, there's a lot more BMW/Nissan/Infiniti queues than the Audi queues everyone was expecting (i.e. the front fascia). I can't wait to see actual hi-res photos.
Old 08-16-11, 12:22 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

MODS ... can we please put **SPOILER WARNING** in the title??

Im sure some of us don't want to see it and are waiting for the official reveal.

I caught a glimpse, but closed the window before I could soak in the details ... Want something to look forward to at pebble beach!!
Old 08-16-11, 12:38 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

VERY NICE! I love the design overall! The front is very modern and stylish and the squarish headlights are just right. Love those rear lights, although they look very much like the current Hyundai Sonata.
Can't wait to see the debut. If they are going to be styling their sedans like this, I'm keeping them at the top of my list.
Old 08-16-11, 02:13 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow! Those headlights are gigantic. Grill splitter needs to be matte black so bad!

Overall huge thumbs down for base trim. Lets wait for F-Sport and Hybrid.

Quick Reply: 4GS mega thread (UPDATED; preview drives, specs, more interior pics)