GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

4GS mega thread (UPDATED; preview drives, specs, more interior pics)

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-11, 10:34 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
lol i am quoting you two current 3gs owners. and to be honest i have never been overwhelmed with the 3gs myself compared to my 2gs
I feel the same way...the only reason why I bought the 3GS, is because I was so in love with my 2GS. I wanted to keep it longer, but it was getting old and it was time to let it go...That car was still amazing though!

The 3GS is nice, it is not a bad car. However, in many ways I feel that it was not a step forward. Which is why I've had high hopes for the upcoming GS. I still like the newly redesigned interior and all the tech. I'm just not so sure about the rest of the car yet.
Old 08-16-11, 10:36 PM
Trexus

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by LexIS007
Lexus should have updated the GS's split headlights just like Mercedes did with the E-Class to pay homage to the model's signature mark.
I agree Lexus should have kept the quad headlights but originally the 1GS did not have quad headlights. Maybe Lexus is paying homage to the 1GS regarding the headlights???
Old 08-16-11, 10:36 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Forget about the car, just look how crappy those spy pics make the wheels look, here they are on the camo'd car:

Attachment 503135
4GS mega thread (UPDATED; preview drives, specs, more interior pics)-wekv5.jpg
4GS mega thread (UPDATED; preview drives, specs, more interior pics)-rndvd.jpg

Sorry guys but it will take a lot to ruin that stance. I will reserve full judgement until the actual reveal. The only thing I've taken away from these spy pics is how close it is to the concept.
Old 08-16-11, 10:37 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am still very hopeful about this 4GS. I don't think GS F-sport will disappoint us. Still waiting for the official pictures!

And also, the car being AWD, and still probably sitting on the shipping blocks, the ride height is way too high.

Last edited by STIG; 08-16-11 at 10:41 PM.
Old 08-16-11, 10:49 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
The GS tails followed the concepts. They have LED tubes which the Sonata won't ever have. The GS tails seem to include yellow while the Sonata does not. The GS tails follow the CT and LFA.

I'm sure in person we won't think what people are saying. I saw the lights and thought concept, not Sonata. Has anyone seen a new Sonata, the lights curve around the side and stick out like a Lexus and seem to be more of a bubble.

Geezus, two cars are white with red tails and they look the same!
No two tails will look exactly alike, but the Sonata does look like the 4GS rear end at a quick glance. I didn't even think of Sonata the first time I saw the rear end, at least not until I saw this thread. Damn you Car Chat
Old 08-16-11, 10:51 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I think we should wait for the official pics from this weekend. I know what I am looking at in these leaked pics is a 4GS based on the pics of the masked test cars, but this has to be the least flattering photos of a white car. White does nothing to show off the lines in my opinion
Old 08-16-11, 10:52 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by GSteg
No two tails will look exactly alike, but the Sonata does look like the 4GS rear end at a quick glance. I didn't even think of Sonata the first time I saw the rear end, at least not until I saw this thread. Damn you Car Chat
I was actually glad the site crashed so I wouldn't read a lot of this. Then I made the bad decision to read a few places elsewhere and cringed as I read responses. I mean its like when its time to talk Toyota/Lexus the floodgates open with hate and just ridiculous commentary. What happened to a fair, well thought out response?

The good news is people are chatting tons about the GS.

Old 08-17-11, 03:18 AM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was actually glad the site crashed so I wouldn't read a lot of this. Then I made the bad decision to read a few places elsewhere and cringed as I read responses. I mean its like when its time to talk Toyota/Lexus the floodgates open with hate and just ridiculous commentary. What happened to a fair, well thought out response?

The good news is people are chatting tons about the GS.
What I made bold in you're response is what I am looking for
Old 08-17-11, 03:28 AM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Beside from feeling nauseated from the spy pics, we should all keep an open mind until tomorrow.. (theres so many of these variations of the design floating out there) Lets stay focused -- August 18th Baby!!
Old 08-17-11, 05:10 AM
Lexuslvr91
Lead Lap

The GS tails followed the concepts. They have LED tubes which the Sonata won't ever have. The GS tails seem to include yellow while the Sonata does not. The GS tails follow the CT and LFA.

I'm sure in person we won't think what people are saying. I saw the lights and thought concept, not Sonata. Has anyone seen a new Sonata, the lights curve around the side and stick out like a Lexus and seem to be more of a bubble.

Geezus, two cars are white with red tails and they look the same!
I would however bet on the refreshed Sonata to utilize the Korean spec Sonata tail lights. Those feature LED details:
Old 08-17-11, 05:16 AM
Pitman
Rookie

Damn, that's an ugly car. The E-Class & the F10 still reign in the mid level luxury category.
Old 08-17-11, 05:19 AM
RRocket
Lexus Test Driver

Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts

VERY, VERY disappointed if that is indeed the production car. I thought the LFgh was about perfect. I had tons of curb appeal, looked taut, athletic and purposeful. But the production version? Looks like they rounded it and softened it. Truly disappointed in this car.

My fingers are crossed that these are just OLD pre-production test mule photos...
Old 08-17-11, 05:44 AM
Pitman
Rookie

So if you think the 4GS is unattractive, which it clearly is, you’re being senseless. But if you have some positive comments about this monstrosity, you’re being unbiased, and intelligent. Oh

The reason why people salivate over the 5-series isn't because of German fanboy-ism, it’s because BMW delivered a gorgeous machine. Yes they stepped out of the box with the E60, and they were vilified. The design team heard our cries (yes I was one of them) and went back to the design that A) works & B) everyone loves. The F10 is simple, but in most cases simple is effective. Maybe Lexus should take note of this.

Yes, this is ClubLexus so the favoritism towards all things Lexus is expected. What's not expected is the board elitist (Ha board elitist, that made me chuckle) crying because the general census of this car is unfavorable.
Old 08-17-11, 06:11 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

People are crying because judgment is being passed on grainy, low res distorted pics.
Old 08-17-11, 06:14 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 114 Posts

Oh my GOD. You guys all got fooled by this Chinese SH*@%#^t. This is NOT the real 4GS. It is photoshopped people.

One more day and hopefully this site won't crash......

Quick Reply: 4GS mega thread (UPDATED; preview drives, specs, more interior pics)