GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

4GS mega thread (UPDATED; preview drives, specs, more interior pics)

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-10, 07:35 PM
LexFather

Can someone PS that goat in graphite grey with IS-F wheels

Old 04-23-10, 12:24 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So it's been another few months and the M, 5, and E are all fully disrobed and out there. I am surprised that there haven't been any other GS news or rumors. Since auto show season is about up, I am guessing we won't see anything on the 4GS until next year...maybe in Tokyo?
Old 04-23-10, 12:37 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

There was this thread this week...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...leased-on.html
Old 04-23-10, 12:53 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks man! Didn't see that. June sounds a little quick, IMO.
Old 04-23-10, 03:25 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
So it's been another few months and the M, 5, and E are all fully disrobed and out there. I am surprised that there haven't been any other GS news or rumors. Since auto show season is about up, I am guessing we won't see anything on the 4GS until next year...maybe in Tokyo?
I'm not really surprised. Look back on Toyota reveals historically. Typically the less news there is about an upcoming Toyota product, the more interesting that product is .

There was virtually no news before the IS-F was first revealed, or before the LF-A concept originally appeared .

Even before the 3GS debuted, we had very little news or rumors. Toyota traditionally keeps upcoming models and redesigns a big secret, mainly for competitive reasons.
Old 04-23-10, 03:56 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
I'm not really surprised. Look back on Toyota reveals historically. Typically the less news there is about an upcoming Toyota product, the more interesting that product is .

There was virtually no news before the IS-F was first revealed, or before the LF-A concept originally appeared .

Even before the 3GS debuted, we had very little news or rumors. Toyota traditionally keeps upcoming models and redesigns a big secret, mainly for competitive reasons.
lol but the 3gs has been quite a disappointment

i just hope 4gs is better, far better
Old 04-23-10, 04:54 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rominl

i just hope 4gs is better, far better
I think it will be, with a GS-F a very strong possibility, and the 4GS getting a supposed torque-vectoring rear diff.
Old 04-23-10, 05:22 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

There were YEARS of pics, videos, and rumors about the ISF before it came out! You can't have forgotten all the "IS500" rumors
Old 04-23-10, 05:41 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
There were YEARS of pics, videos, and rumors about the ISF before it came out! You can't have forgotten all the "IS500" rumors
Yes, but how many spyshots of actual ISF prototypes did we see?

My point is, the production ISF was a surprise announcement that most people did not expect.

The rumors were more about a V8 regular IS, not a hardcore high-performance version of the IS .
Old 04-23-10, 06:53 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts

And you still bought one !!?

I just hope 4gs is better, far better
It NEEDS to be far better in order to compete, & they can forget about it if no GS-F ......
Old 04-23-10, 11:28 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
And you still bought one !!?

It NEEDS to be far better in order to compete, & they can forget about it if no GS-F ......
well, to be honest at the time, it was more of an elimination, unlike the ls460. 5 is ugly, e had too many problems, never like the m35, and wife said no to a6. didn't really have another choice. and i will say, compared to our 2gs, the 3gs didn't match well

and yes, with the new e (step up in general) and 5 (looking very good so far), together with the current a6 and the new infiniti m(xx), the 4gs has to be significantly better than the 3gs to compete. imho, performance asides, just interior quality, design, gadgets, and space have to be improved. and performance has to step up too.

and if lexus wants to really get on par with mb and bmw (in a lot of aspects), yes, gsf is needed. and not a gsf out of the garage by 2 engineers like the isf. it has to be a well thought out car
Old 04-24-10, 01:56 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

well, to be honest at the time, it was more of an elimination, unlike the ls460. 5 is ugly, e had too many problems, never like the m35, and wife said no to a6. didn't really have another choice. and i will say, compared to our 2gs, the 3gs didn't match well

and yes, with the new e (step up in general) and 5 (looking very good so far), together with the current a6 and the new infiniti m(xx), the 4gs has to be significantly better than the 3gs to compete. imho, performance asides, just interior quality, design, gadgets, and space have to be improved. and performance has to step up too.

and if lexus wants to really get on par with mb and bmw (in a lot of aspects), yes, gsf is needed. and not a gsf out of the garage by 2 engineers like the isf. it has to be a well thought out car
The F brand is now an official sub-brand for Lexus, and they have a special group within Toyota working on those cars now .

The LFA is actually the first F car, even though it wasn't released first. The 2IS it seems originally was not supposed to have an F version, but a few engineers made it happen.

I'm sure you don't have to worry about any future F cars being from "2 engineers out of a garage" .

If there is a GSF, then I'm sure it's been a very well though out car, like the LFA.
Old 04-24-10, 02:43 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

The F brand is now an official sub-brand for Lexus, and they have a special group within Toyota working on those cars now .

The LFA is actually the first F car, even though it wasn't released first. The 2IS it seems originally was not supposed to have an F version, but a few engineers made it happen.

I'm sure you don't have to worry about any future F cars being from "2 engineers out of a garage" .

If there is a GSF, then I'm sure it's been a very well though out car, like the LFA.
definitely looking forward to that, that's the right way to make a serious performance car with the lfa, i definitely hope they can use some of the technologies on the gsf
Old 04-24-10, 06:29 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Because there is so little information out there, it's easy to imagine in a vacuum, it could easily be the best thing since sliced bread or an interestingly styled but polarizing 4-door coupe. However, my expectations on this remain enigmatic; the ES has a predictably solid record of fulfilling a winning formula; the LS has a benchmark-setting record of being an industry leader; the GS has had a unique character but the results have been different each time around (1st, overlooked, 2nd, powerful, 3rd techy). There are a few speculative reports to guess about, plus some rumors, particularly that dealer reps have seen the 4GS, but aside from that, it's very hard to say what's going to happen. There were renderings drawn up after the LF-S premiered:
Attached Thumbnails 4GS mega thread (UPDATED; preview drives, specs, more interior pics)-2.jpg  
Old 04-25-10, 12:00 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by encore888
Because there is so little information out there, it's easy to imagine in a vacuum, it could easily be the best thing since sliced bread or an interestingly styled but polarizing 4-door coupe. However, my expectations on this remain enigmatic; the ES has a predictably solid record of fulfilling a winning formula; the LS has a benchmark-setting record of being an industry leader; the GS has had a unique character but the results have been different each time around (1st, overlooked, 2nd, powerful, 3rd techy). There are a few speculative reports to guess about, plus some rumors, particularly that dealer reps have seen the 4GS, but aside from that, it's very hard to say what's going to happen. There were renderings drawn up after the LF-S premiered:
A GS looking like that would definitely make me reconsider getting a Jag XF is everything else was up to par....

I really hope that the GS will come into it's own this generation.

Quick Reply: 4GS mega thread (UPDATED; preview drives, specs, more interior pics)