GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

4GS mega thread (UPDATED; preview drives, specs, more interior pics)

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-10, 09:34 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this is what i think is going to happen. The GS-F won't come out till a year after the new GS. Maybe as the next year model. When are we going to see the new model GS anyway? next year? As a 2011 or 2012 model? If it's next year or late this year ( I doubt) it'll probably be 2011 model but labeled 2012 model. In 2012 GS-F will be released (hopefully) as a 2013 model. I hope it doesn't take this long but I foresee it being that way.

Engine's probably won't be a revolution but an evolution. Use the current engines with maybe different tech, or better tech, maybe cylinder deactivation, and an upsize for the GS-F from the IS-F engine. Also, maybe a better gearbox. Hopefully a better gearbox. I say the next gen. IS-F and GS-F will share the same box. Maybe a revised version of their 8 speed with manumatic shifting. I hope they even come up with a next Gen LS at the same time and kill the market with new products. Toyota need to do this. Especially with all this fiasco with the pedal issues, which are highly unfounded in my opinion, they need to kick off a big show with new models. What better way than to show off 3 new lexus models and the introduction of new performance models to go along with them?
Old 04-28-10, 10:10 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by TF109B
this is what i think is going to happen. The GS-F won't come out till a year after the new GS. Maybe as the next year model. When are we going to see the new model GS anyway? next year? As a 2011 or 2012 model? If it's next year or late this year ( I doubt) it'll probably be 2011 model but labeled 2012 model. In 2012 GS-F will be released (hopefully) as a 2013 model. I hope it doesn't take this long but I foresee it being that way.

Engine's probably won't be a revolution but an evolution. Use the current engines with maybe different tech, or better tech, maybe cylinder deactivation, and an upsize for the GS-F from the IS-F engine. Also, maybe a better gearbox. Hopefully a better gearbox. I say the next gen. IS-F and GS-F will share the same box. Maybe a revised version of their 8 speed with manumatic shifting. I hope they even come up with a next Gen LS at the same time and kill the market with new products. Toyota need to do this. Especially with all this fiasco with the pedal issues, which are highly unfounded in my opinion, they need to kick off a big show with new models. What better way than to show off 3 new lexus models and the introduction of new performance models to go along with them?
If the GS F does come when you say it will the M5 will likely debut around the same time. Geneva perhaps?

The 8 speed seems to be strong and quick so thats not an issue. If the GS does get this "torque vectoring" but for RWD and not AWD that would give it another advantage or selling point.

IS-F makes 416hp
LS 600h L makes 438hp with the same 5.0 detuned and with a hybrid
LFA makes 552hp or 570hp (Ring package)

Any possible GS F will simply have to have a new engine or a bore and stroked 5.0 or hybrid power.

Old 04-28-10, 10:39 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

if they make a gsf with less than 500hp, then might as well don't bother. they can make the car 3400lb to improve performance, but it's hard to sell it to people in that segment

new 5 is coming soon and new m5 probably won't come until late next year as 2012 model

so it depends on gs release though. i am still a bit skeptical about new gs announced end of this year (i would imagine sc first). it could be early next year but as 2012 model (much like how the 3gs was released). i have a feeling if gsf comes, it will be another year away after 4gs, so that will be some time in 2012, probably as 2013 model?
Old 04-28-10, 10:41 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by rominl
if they make a gsf with less than 500hp, then might as well don't bother. they can make the car 3400lb to improve performance, but it's hard to sell it to people in that segment

new 5 is coming soon and new m5 probably won't come until late next year as 2012 model

so it depends on gs release though. i am still a bit skeptical about new gs announced end of this year (i would imagine sc first). it could be early next year but as 2012 model (much like how the 3gs was released). i have a feeling if gsf comes, it will be another year away after 4gs, so that will be some time in 2012, probably as 2013 model?
Agreed.......

Old 04-29-10, 12:08 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

I just don't see Lexus making a 500hp plus sedan. I would be stunned even more so than the LFA
Really? I would think a 500HP+ sedan would be expected after a car like the LFA .
Old 04-29-10, 01:08 AM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl

hey, I said about the same thing! Great, so we agree! I really feel like there will be a GS-F. And probably late 2011 or early 2012 will be it's release. Of course that's if what we feel about the 4GS's release is to be. Next year should see a new model, that's what I believe.

I can't wait, hopefully by then me and my g/f can make enough to afford it or the IS-F.
Old 05-18-10, 06:49 AM
LexFather

Arrow Official Unofficial 4GS Thread (rumors, lies, truth, gypsies, witchcraft, guesses)

Okay clearly this thread is needed . Let me begin by saying there is nothing really concrete yet, just most speculation at this point. So please speculate and this thread will be updated as time goes on until a new 4GS forum is open.

What I know/have read/heard/

When will it debut?

We have heard as early as this summer to next spring as a 2012 model. I believe the latter.

What configurations?

Sedan only at this point but who knows, maybe a GS-C comes. Rumors of a GS 250 as well as the usual GS 350, hybrid and V-8 GS. Some rumors the V-8 GS might get canned.

What about the GS F?

This is one of the most speculated cars around. I have heard NO but the mags are saying YES. Most are saying with the LFA engine but many of us highly doubt that as that engine would cost as much as a loaded GS, around $60,000 just for the engine. Remember Lexus avoids the gas guzzler tax on the IS F and I can't see Lexus having one with the GS F, its against core values.

How does it look?

Only photos are from artist renditions. I have "heard" it looks "Beautiful" as Lexus dealers have seen it. Expect it to grow in size.

What about tech?

A strong interesting rumor I've head and that has been reported will go on the GS F and/or standard models is a torque vectoring system that will adjust power to the wheel from left to right with the most traction. Think Active AWD/SH-AWD but for RWD. If this is true the car should be lighter with it and more fun as it is RWD. Not sure if the AWD model will have this option.

Not sure if "remote touch" will be in the GS. Lexus put it in the new CT, HS, RX but not the GX. I believe it will make it as an option though.

It is possible the next generation of NAV will debut in the new GS.

Price?

Again nothing has been mentioned. BMW/Benz has actually lowered/held prices on the new 5 series/E class while Infiniti rose theirs.

What about the hybrid?

Again nothing concrete. Not sure will Lexus continue the performance/hybrid push with the GSh or go with more fuel economy the next generation.

Old 05-18-10, 06:53 AM
LexFather

As with the 1GS, 2GS, 3GS Lexus has been very secretive with the car and it usually doesn't get caught in the open unless Lexus releases the actual photos or releases a production ready concept like the "HPS" sedan of 1997. Below are all fake renderings...

Old 05-18-10, 07:16 AM
TWong350

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great idea! But, we all know more of these posts will still be created.

I do like the look of the IS-F wheels on the 3GS though.
Old 05-18-10, 07:41 AM
mr3gs300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the fenders are the best imo those things are hot
Old 05-18-10, 08:42 AM
yoondog
Driver

I'll believe it when I see something concrete.
Old 05-18-10, 12:35 PM
owned3gss
Driver School Candidate

Default I'll use the excuse again

Hi everyone.

I am going to use the excuse I used when I started this thread last night: "I'm new here so please forgive me for . . . "

I am using the excuse today to explain my gushing like a school girl. Wow! In less than 12 hours, I got multiple responses and a few of them (especially lies, truth, gypsies et. al.) were remarkably insightful and helpfull. Thank you very much.

As a side note, I have fancy degrees from fancy schools and have had a number of large clients in the automotive space over the last 20 years. What I offer below is based solely on trainng and expertise and absolutely no specific knowledge whatsoever.

To those people who think there will be a GS250, no freakin way. It would violate the Lexus brand, the GS brand and the rationality of their product line. Remember MB, BMW and Audi have lower end models in great part because of their beginnings in and the relative size of their European market share. Public acceptance of $7-$8/gal gas changes a lot of ground rules.

The GS-C is also unlikely. The market demand for coupes in general has been on the decline for decades. The recent upticks in the luxury coupe segment show no indication that a coupe of sedan size will attract buyers. If Lexus is to do another higher end coupe, think next-gen SC.

I'm really stretching beyond my expertise now, but don't bet on a GS-F coming soon. Given KNOWN time frames, it is far mor likely that a GS-F would appear as a mid-cycle upgrade for GS gen4. That would add excitement to the brand and would be the strongest way to popularize the F designation into the mainstream AFTER the LFA bows. There will be a lot of PR dollars poured into the LFA, especially since so few will ever actually be seen. Those PR dollars can be leveraged into an M-Series killer.

I could spout off on the GSh, but I've blather on far too long. Thanks for such a great response to my original thread.
Old 05-18-10, 02:20 PM
EyeKutr
Pole Position

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Something FUGLY this way comes......

Last edited by EyeKutr; 05-19-10 at 08:13 AM.
Old 05-18-10, 02:23 PM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Keep em coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-18-10, 08:26 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by owned3gss
Hi everyone.

I am going to use the excuse I used when I started this thread last night: "I'm new here so please forgive me for . . . "

I am using the excuse today to explain my gushing like a school girl. Wow! In less than 12 hours, I got multiple responses and a few of them (especially lies, truth, gypsies et. al.) were remarkably insightful and helpfull. Thank you very much.

As a side note, I have fancy degrees from fancy schools and have had a number of large clients in the automotive space over the last 20 years. What I offer below is based solely on trainng and expertise and absolutely no specific knowledge whatsoever.

To those people who think there will be a GS250, no freakin way. It would violate the Lexus brand, the GS brand and the rationality of their product line. Remember MB, BMW and Audi have lower end models in great part because of their beginnings in and the relative size of their European market share. Public acceptance of $7-$8/gal gas changes a lot of ground rules.

The GS-C is also unlikely. The market demand for coupes in general has been on the decline for decades. The recent upticks in the luxury coupe segment show no indication that a coupe of sedan size will attract buyers. If Lexus is to do another higher end coupe, think next-gen SC.

I'm really stretching beyond my expertise now, but don't bet on a GS-F coming soon. Given KNOWN time frames, it is far mor likely that a GS-F would appear as a mid-cycle upgrade for GS gen4. That would add excitement to the brand and would be the strongest way to popularize the F designation into the mainstream AFTER the LFA bows. There will be a lot of PR dollars poured into the LFA, especially since so few will ever actually be seen. Those PR dollars can be leveraged into an M-Series killer.

I could spout off on the GSh, but I've blather on far too long. Thanks for such a great response to my original thread.
Welcome and thanks.

Please tell us more about the GSh.

Quick Reply: 4GS mega thread (UPDATED; preview drives, specs, more interior pics)