GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

4GS mega thread (UPDATED; preview drives, specs, more interior pics)

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-11, 04:36 AM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
I hope they give GS-F at least 500 Hp depite talks of weight reduction , they need that for marketing purpose alone. They need BOTH 500+hp AND weight reduction.
I certainly hope they don't half-*** the GS-F, do it right or not at all . And as far as I am concerned, no GS-F for 4GS already=FAIL ......
AGRREEEEED! Enough already with the tip toeing.

Originally Posted by Alucard
I hope they get crazy with the interior design this go round. Plus more exterior (and especially interior color choices) !!
I love that Lexus is finally doing this as the Germans have been doing this for years.

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Hows a 12 or 13" screen inside sound
Sounds like a plan. I like it in the yet to be released Tesla Model S and aren't Toyota and Tesla bed buddies?

Originally Posted by Sens4Miles
Sounds like overkill.
This is going to become the standard in due time. Touch screens are everywhere and should only aid in the driving experience along with providing ICE. Would you prefer to go back to 4 inch Navigation screens or none at all?

Originally Posted by rominl
hahhaa proof that you just can't please everyone
Isn't that always the case?
Old 03-04-11, 12:30 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

12" lcd's are cheap. they should have no problem using them.
Old 03-05-11, 02:21 AM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it'll be a touch screen LED. That'll be great! Waiting for more info on this car though, or just the new GS in general.
Old 03-05-11, 02:07 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My dealer was telling me today, that the GSF will be a 500hp+ car but it will be 1-2 years behind the GS launch.

However he said that they had been told that the GS460 will be replaced by a GS500 which should punch out around 420hp matching the Infiniti M56. He also said the 450h and 350 will be tuned to get around 30hp more each.

He also echoed that the car will have very stylish coupe like design, and also cool features like internet apps, HUD, LED lighting, 8 speed paddle shift gearbox, etc.

A 420hp GS500 sounds very appealing.
Old 03-05-11, 04:05 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

420 gs500, seems like it's first time rumored here. that would be great. i wonder if that means ls will be upgraded to ls500 as well the same time?

1-2 behind gs launch on the gsf, that's quite late. that means at least a good 2 yrs behind the m5 and 3 yrs behind e63
Old 03-05-11, 04:10 PM
LexFather

That would be a first, haven't heard those rumors but I am hopeful

Old 03-05-11, 04:41 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
That would be a first, haven't heard those rumors but I am hopeful
I hope his information is correct. Would be nice if they combined it with a solid F-Sport version.
Old 03-05-11, 06:15 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

not interested in paddle shifters unless it's fast shifting.

I had an IS loaner recently, and the paddle shifters were a joke.
Old 03-05-11, 06:38 PM
LexFather

I never had an issue with IS paddles, work fine for me. Not as fast as the IS F but its not a Ferrari either. I wish the GS had them since I do use manual mode and I prefer to have my hands on the wheel.

Originally Posted by *Batman*
I hope his information is correct. Would be nice if they combined it with a solid F-Sport version.
I hope so too, sounds like a logical move.

Old 03-05-11, 07:12 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

unless it's a manual tranny with clutches, can't say i care much about paddle shifters honestly. i hardly put my car in s mode at all
Old 03-05-11, 08:52 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

unless it's a manual tranny with clutches, can't say i care much about paddle shifters honestly. i hardly put my car in s mode at all
The manual shift on our cars isn't very good. But if you have a fast auto like the ISF or any of the BMWs or Jags, it is quite fun. I even use the paddles on the IS250 loaners which aren't the fastest.

The challenge is that with an 8 speed it will be hard to remember what gear you are in which is why showing the gear and rpms on a HUD will be important to get the most out of an 8-speed paddle shifter.
Old 03-05-11, 10:56 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by *Batman*
The manual shift on our cars isn't very good. But if you have a fast auto like the ISF or any of the BMWs or Jags, it is quite fun. I even use the paddles on the IS250 loaners which aren't the fastest.

The challenge is that with an 8 speed it will be hard to remember what gear you are in which is why showing the gear and rpms on a HUD will be important to get the most out of an 8-speed paddle shifter.
maybe someone can correct me, but i thought isf doesn't have auto, i thought it's a clutch design. for sure it shifts quite fast. bmw, even with the 335, i tried, not very exciting.
Old 03-06-11, 06:57 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

maybe someone can correct me, but i thought isf doesn't have auto, i thought it's a clutch design. for sure it shifts quite fast. bmw, even with the 335, i tried, not very exciting.
The 335 box isn't very good. The new 8-speed ZF sport automatic is very fast. Drive the 550i with paddles.

Also ISF is automatic not dual-clutch auto. Automatics can be quite fast these days. The new M5 will have auto only, not dual-clutch or SMG.

Also it is important to have good throttle response if you are paddle shifting. The 335s throttle response is terrible. Much worse than the Lexus in Sport mode.
Old 03-06-11, 07:07 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

335 gear box is definitely not up to part IMO. Im driving one right now and the throttle response is much better then my Lexus (w/ out the throttle controller of course). Been a while since I have driven a BMW and I don't care for this car to much. I like the interior lay out of my GS but I like the drive better of the BMW.

GS would be a great contender if they come out with the GSF but I don't see them doing a GS500 on top of the GSF. Wouldn't make sense IMO to have both. I think the GS350, GS450h, & GSF would be a great line up for Lexus.
Old 03-06-11, 07:57 AM
LexFather

Yeah Henry the IS F has some fancy auto box that at its debut was only slower than one Ferrari, it is very fast.

Quick Reply: 4GS mega thread (UPDATED; preview drives, specs, more interior pics)