GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-21, 03:43 PM
NeilN
Rookie

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by alvinlax
Took her home a little over 3 weeks ago. Looking for new Lexus buddies in the AZ area!

1. GS Premium

2. Starfire Pearl
3. Nav / No ML
4. RWD
5. No DRS
6. Chrome delete (in process), lowering springs, 19” wheels/tires, borla exhaust, f-sport front bumper conversion
7. Wasn’t considering anything else, have been eyeing this specific model/generation since 2015. Traded in a 2013 Accord Sedan V6.
looks clean! How many miles?
Old 07-21-21, 03:57 PM
alvinlax
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NeilN
looks clean! How many miles?
thanks! 65k.
Old 07-24-21, 05:02 PM
17luxlex
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 17luxlex
LOOONNGGGGG time lurker first time making an account and posting. Just got my 2nd 4the gen GS. 4th GS overall. First GS I had was the 2000 (black on tan). Sold it at 220k miles and bought a cpo 2006 GS (obsidian on black). Eventually traded it in at 240k miles for a cpo 2013 GS f sport (obsidian on black). And about two weeks ago I traded it in at 154k miles for a cpo 2017 GS luxury package (eminent white pearl on black). Main reason for upgrading a couple weeks ago was the darn f sport brake squeal which the dealership just couldn’t get rid of. Windshield was cracked and needed new tires soon as well. The cost to fix her all up and ready for my state inspection a couple month (about $1500) just didn’t seem worth it. So I traded it in for the 17 Lux package w/ 33k miles. Love the facelift much more, and a huge fan of the luxury package over the f sport. All I know is GS (15 years strong) and I don’t know what I’m going to do in a few years when I upgrade again. All I can hope for is miraculously Lexus decides to bring our favorite model back! Haven’t taken any personal pics yet but will soon. Here is the dealer pic for now. As you can see, the luxury 19’ wheels are powder coated gloss back, which was done by the dealership when the 1 owner lease got it.
Washed her for the first time today and took a pic of the wheels for anyone considering powder coating their factory 19’ luxury wheels…

Old 08-10-21, 07:59 PM
Uber72
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default My new used 2013 Lexus GS 350

1. GS (Premium, Luxury, or F-sport) - Luxury
2. Color exterior/interior - Nebula Grey Pearl / Black interior
3. Nav or No Nav / Mark Levinson or No ML - Has Nav and a Mark Levinson
4. RWD or AWD - RWD
5. Dynamic Rear Steer or no DRS - Not sure
6. Planned mods? - Security. Thinking about Car Lock, either the ODB or other version. I want something I could connect to my smartphone and alert me to it being shook or hit. A dash cam with front and rear is something else I was looking at.
7. What other cars were you considering? What did this replace or add to? - I was looking at Toyota and Honda SUVs.

This is my second car in my lifetime. My first was a 1995 Dodge Shadow. Long story short, back in the mid 1990s I was young and stupid. Didn't maintain the car and keep up on the insurance payments. Car broke down and lost it to towing. Later found out my DL was suspended for my first and only car accident a couple of years earlier. 20+ years later and in another state, got my DL back and a new car.
Tip for young drivers, always pay your insurance and keep up on the maintenance.
Anyways, I am new the Lexus brand and I think I did well for a used car. I still don't know all the features, but the memory seats are awesome. Carvana had a listing of features which I should have screenshotted but forgot to. It does have heated and ventilated seats. A Mark Levinson, sport+ dial. Navigation system which I kinda want to update, I think it is either 2012 or 2011 map. Still researching it. I did notice the side mirror alert me to a car in my blindspot which is neat. First thing I got was a Vonetti car fob holder to prevent relay theft.
In all I am very happy with my new car. It has 100,557 miles.

Last edited by Uber72; 08-10-21 at 08:11 PM. Reason: additional information
The following 2 users liked this post by Uber72:
JDR76 (08-11-21), Speedkrazy (08-10-21)
Old 08-11-21, 12:32 PM
MikeyL2018
4th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New to the Community

Whats up everyone, just got me a 2018 IS300 AWD FSport in white. I came from a WRX. So far im loving the car and cant wait to see what I can get into. Car's still stock except tinted windowns and DRL's. Loving seeing everyone's cars and the creativity people have used!

The following users liked this post:
Uber72 (08-11-21)
Old 08-13-21, 07:09 AM
LAScott
6th Gear

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2017 GS350 - new to me

Just picked up a 2017 GS350, RWD, to replace my 2014 Mercedes E250, after it was totaled.
  • Smoky Granite Mica and Flaxen
  • One-Touch Power Trunk
  • Intuitive Park Assist
  • Trunk Mat/Cargo Net/Whl Locks/Rr Bumper App/Glove
  • Previous owner installed 19" Lexus wheels
Car has full Lexus service history and was a CPO at 71,000 miles.

This is our third Lexus and glad to have one back in the driveway (RX and GX prior). Looking forward to many miles.

Not sure about mods at this point, while I'd like to sport it up, I think I need to get to know the car a bit before doing anything.

'

Last edited by LAScott; 08-13-21 at 07:34 AM.
JDR76 (08-13-21)
Old 08-17-21, 07:16 PM
Sabenott
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2013 GS Luxury AWD

Just picked up a 2013 GS Luxury with 92,000mi.
options include:
Mark Levinson with nav
Hud
LKA
Smart cruise
And many more buttons that does stuff..
We owned a RX 400H before this. Don't know much about these cars so feel free to share your knowledge.
We looked at a bmw 535ix m sport and a 335ix m sport. Also an Acura TL sh-awd and Audi A6 3.0t sport. The wife chose this one. It was by far the best bang for your buck.

Last edited by Sabenott; 08-17-21 at 07:21 PM.
17luxlex (08-18-21)
Old 08-26-21, 10:09 PM
Maxfli
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to me 2014 GS350 F-Sport

Bought a 2014 GS F-Sport with 88k miles last week. New to the forum and first post. No pics yet.
1. GS F-Sport
2. Obsidian Black / Cabernet
3. Nav / Mark Levinson / Blind Spot Monitoring / Park Assist / Illuminated Door Sills / 27% Tint
4. RWD
5. No DRS
6. Probably have to re-tint to NC limit of 35% (car has 27%...was from SC), front lip
7. Replacing Sienna minivan (wife's vehicle...was looking for a fun car to drive when we have to take her car!)
Primarily a Honda family but wanted more luxury (with same reliability) so giving Lexus a try and love the car so far! I'm a MT guy so looking for a 2013 G37S 6MT sedan to replace my 2003 Maxima 6MT.
Old 08-26-21, 10:12 PM
Maxfli
7th Gear

Default New to me 2014 GS350 F-Sport

Bought a 2014 GS F-Sport with 88k miles last week. New to the forum and first post. No pics yet.
1. GS F-Sport
2. Obsidian Black / Cabernet
3. Nav / Mark Levinson / Blind Spot Monitoring / Park Assist / Illuminated Door Sills / 27% Tint
4. RWD
5. No DRS
6. Probably have to re-tint to NC limit of 35% (car has 27%...was from SC), front lip
7. Replacing Sienna minivan (wife's vehicle...was looking for a fun car to drive when we have to take her car!)
Primarily a Honda family but wanted more luxury (with same reliability) so giving Lexus a try and love the car so far! I'm a MT guy so looking for a 2013 G37S 6MT sedan to replace my 2003 Maxima 6MT.

Old 09-09-21, 02:30 PM
Lexusgfm
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Default What’s next?

So had the car for about a year… it’s been a very lovely car. Did a couple more mods.. looks clean imo.

Old 09-09-21, 02:35 PM
FryNoodle
Driver School Candidate

Do you have a mod list? I've been looking at what to do for mine and cannot find much. I do like the stance you have and the body kit. The other thing I'd like to do in addition to mine is the rear bumper for an aftermarket exhaust similar to the GS-F
Old 09-09-21, 02:39 PM
GSdude
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice looking. You put the NIA splitters on? Were they the standard or the sleek.. how do you like them... do you think the rear Nia's are worth the look?

Thanks in advance
Don
Old 09-09-21, 03:19 PM
Lexusgfm
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by FryNoodle
Do you have a mod list? I've been looking at what to do for mine and cannot find much. I do like the stance you have and the body kit. The other thing I'd like to do in addition to mine is the rear bumper for an aftermarket exhaust similar to the GS-F
2018 Lexus gs350

RsR super downs.
20mm spacers
takeda intake
Tanabe revel exhaust
lexus OEM visors
Toms carbon mirror caps
carbon fiber lip, sides, roof. (All eBay)
gsF carbon tail (from fellow member)
gsF rear bumper addon
Nia rear hydrodipped splat

think that’s it… what I can tell you is that I dunno how much longer I can handle the unsmoothness of the ride.. it’s going rsr coils hopefully sooner than later. :/
Old 09-09-21, 03:20 PM
Lexusgfm
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GSdude
Nice looking. You put the NIA splitters on? Were they the standard or the sleek.. how do you like them... do you think the rear Nia's are worth the look?

Thanks in advance
Don
hey don. Yes it’s the NIa rear splats in hydrodippied… needed something to match with the sides and front lip without going diffuser.. but yea, it took 3 months to get. So be prepared to be in a long line. Lol.

jimmy
Old 09-09-21, 03:22 PM
Lexusgfm
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Lexusgfm
hey don. Yes it’s the NIa rear splats in hydrodippied… needed something to match with the sides and front lip without going diffuser.. but yea, it took 3 months to get. So be prepared to be in a long line. Lol.

jimmy
forgot to answer you question… it came in really good shape. I thought they did a very good job tbh. I really like them. I would def purchase again.. just a little pricy but what in life isn’t?

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!