GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-22, 02:12 PM
LowRent
7th Gear

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LowRent
1. 2013 GS 350 F-sport
2. Obsidian/Black
3. Nav / Mark Levinson
4. RWD
5. No DRS (pretty sure)
6. Planned mods? Not many at the moment—I'm still giddy that I'm getting it. I like fog lights, and already watched a YT video of dude installing fog lights onto F-sport. So, I'll probably do that.

7. M3, E43, glanced at Q50 Red. Having owned and loved an MB E350 Sport (not AMG) I just can't take the anxiety that comes with the German experience, e.g., random, expensive, difficult to diagnose problems and I feel like they're total ticking time bombs after a lowly 100K miles. RWD was a must for me, so Acura was out. In my limited experience Infinity is better than the BMW/MB for reliability, but not by a huge margin. The GS seems like the perfect combination of features/reliability/driving pleasure, especially compared to the Teutonic options.

It's not in my garage to go stare at yet... so I keep staring at the pics. It's borderline obsessive/compulsive behavior, LOL.

So, good news / bad news story here.

The bad first.
. I didn't shoot the video with the intention of posting it. It was intended for my records. As you watch it you're with me as the events unfold, and I voice a few of my thoughts outlout.

The good news. I purchased a 2019 GS 350 F Sport, locally.
1. 2019 GS 350 F-sport
2. Liquid Platinum / Rioja Red
3. Nav / Mark Levinson
4. RWD
5. No DRS
6. Planned mods? Remove the red pintstripes. I may install fog lights. Would consider a chrome delete, but I doubt I'll get around to it.

7. M3, E43, glanced at Q50 Red. Having owned and loved an MB E350 Sport (not AMG) I just can't take the anxiety that comes with the German experience, e.g., random, expensive, difficult to diagnose problems and I feel like they're total ticking time bombs after a lowly 100K miles. RWD was a must for me, so Acura was out. In my limited experience Infinity is better than the BMW/MB for reliability, but not by a huge margin. The GS seems like the perfect combination of features/reliability/driving pleasure, especially compared to the Teutonic options.

2019 GS 350 F Sport Liquid Platinum

The following 7 users liked this post by LowRent:
AJLex19 (01-27-22), AlexDev (03-19-22), EddieF21 (07-22-22), greys0uled (03-24-22), Ironman50 (01-29-22), JDR76 (01-27-22), Rudeboy614 (01-27-22) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-27-22, 02:33 PM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 542 Likes on 395 Posts

Your 19 looks much nicer! I'm just not a fan of online buying without seeing the car in person prior to purchase. Are you out any money whatsoever on the Carvana return? I'm just wondering if there's any catch to the return policy? I wouldn't even take delivery of my GS when new until I performed a thourough inspection when I bought it out of state. You will not regret your GS purchase compared to the competition.
Old 01-27-22, 02:38 PM
LowRent
7th Gear

Originally Posted by charley95
Your 19 looks much nicer! I'm just not a fan of online buying without seeing the car in person prior to purchase. Are you out any money whatsoever on the Carvana return? I'm just wondering if there's any catch to the return policy? I wouldn't even take delivery of my GS when new until I performed a thourough inspection when I bought it out of state. You will not regret your GS purchase compared to the competition.
No, I'm not out anything. I did decline delivery. So, it was never "my car." It was about to be, but it never made it to that category.

Carvana was very easy to deal with. You heard the consultant's tone. No problems. No fuss. He just put it back on the truck and drove away.

Not all Carvana cars are like this, just like not all dealer cars are good/bad. It's a case by case basis.
Old 01-27-22, 02:40 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,612 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Congrats on the 19! I'm sure you'll love it. I really liked mine while I had it, well, other than the color...
Old 01-27-22, 02:40 PM
charley95
Pole Position

How far away did the driver have to travel for delivery?
Old 01-27-22, 02:42 PM
LowRent
7th Gear

How far away did the driver have to travel for delivery?
Oh, good question? I don't know. He mentioned that he had moved here two months ago. So, I assume he lives in the metro area (Nashville). There's a vending machine not too far from here. I could speculate 20-40 miles???
Old 01-27-22, 02:52 PM
charley95
Pole Position

I guess they must have a low return rate to eat the costs of a return for transportation... Where I live in Illinois they'd have to travel about a 150 miles from Chicago or St. Louis to deliver since no Carvana's are near me. I think you're really gonna love your 19 over the 13! Congrats!
Old 01-28-22, 06:20 AM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,152 Likes on 850 Posts

Originally Posted by LowRent
So, good news / bad news story here.
The bad first. Here's a video of me declining delivery of this vehicle from Carvana. I didn't shoot the video with the intention of posting it. It was intended for my records. As you watch it you're with me as the events unfold, and I voice a few of my thoughts outlout.
The good news. I purchased a 2019 GS 350 F Sport, locally.
2019 GS 350 F Sport Liquid Platinum
@LowRent Hard to tell from a video, but I can totally understand the questionable paint. Years back a friend of mine was looking for an SUV and we saw the black paint was too new/shiny but also seemed "cheap" and poorly blended. It was a pass...

Nonetheless, it seems like the experience wasn't bad, just disappointing that the car didn't live up to standard. Now you need to update your profile pic to that silver beauty! Congrats and enjoy!
Old 01-30-22, 04:42 AM
HOLYFLD
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Another Longtime Lurker

I wanted to share my GS with the club. I have owned the car now for approximately 6 months. This was a 3 owner car, that was originally purchased at Lexus in South Carolina. I bought this car from Hayes Chrysler Dodge in Lawrenceville, GA (found it on Autotrader.) It has a clean Carfax and showed no signs of paintwork. The car now has 74,000 miles. I have changed the tires (Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4,) antifreeze, transmission fluid/filter, rear differential fluid, brake fluid, spark plugs, air filters, wipers, headlight bulbs, and battery as preventative maintenance. I noticed recently my right front AVS shock was damp with oil, so I had the front two shocks/top mounts replaced, along with LCA bushings and swaybar endlinks. My goal is to modify the car very little, and keep it maintained to perfection. I had a local tint shop redo all of the windows with quality heat rejection film. I had the aftermarket front windshield replaced with a genuine Lexus glass. I have enjoyed looking at all of the cars here. Shout out to my buddy on here J168.

1. 2015 GS350 F-Sport
2. Nebula Gray Metallic/ Cabernet
3.Non ML Radio
4. RWD
5.No DRS
6. Planned Mods? Upgrade front and rear brakes to F calipers/rotors (blue color)
7. Got rid of a New Camry XSE for this car. I have wanted one for years. Decided to get out of leasing and purchase what I always wanted.

I work as a Assistant Service Manager for a local Toyota Dealer In Alabama. This was a recent photo taken on my service drive.

Last edited by HOLYFLD; 01-30-22 at 04:58 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by HOLYFLD:
AJLex19 (01-31-22), greys0uled (03-24-22), JDR76 (01-31-22), lexus4jess (01-31-22)
Old 01-30-22, 05:54 AM
charley95
Pole Position

Congrats! The paint looks outstanding in that shot!
Old 01-30-22, 06:14 AM
HOLYFLD
Driver School Candidate

Congrats! The paint looks outstanding in that shot!
Thank you so much. I have been contemplating having paint correction done, to eliminate the really light imperfections. Part of me feels it would be a waste of money because the car is daily driven, and I’m constantly getting rock chips/rock dings on the bumper and hood area from debris on the highway (after all, cars are driven in the elements.) I think I will just keep the car clean/maintained and not sweat the small stuff.
Old 01-30-22, 12:33 PM
gs350noob
Intermediate

Received 141 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by HOLYFLD
I wanted to share my GS with the club. I have owned the car now for approximately 6 months. This was a 3 owner car, that was originally purchased at Lexus in South Carolina. I bought this car from Hayes Chrysler Dodge in Lawrenceville, GA (found it on Autotrader.) It has a clean Carfax and showed no signs of paintwork. The car now has 74,000 miles. I have changed the tires (Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4,) antifreeze, transmission fluid/filter, rear differential fluid, brake fluid, spark plugs, air filters, wipers, headlight bulbs, and battery as preventative maintenance. I noticed recently my right front AVS shock was damp with oil, so I had the front two shocks/top mounts replaced, along with LCA bushings and swaybar endlinks. My goal is to modify the car very little, and keep it maintained to perfection. I had a local tint shop redo all of the windows with quality heat rejection film. I had the aftermarket front windshield replaced with a genuine Lexus glass. I have enjoyed looking at all of the cars here. Shout out to my buddy on here J168.

1. 2015 GS350 F-Sport
2. Nebula Gray Metallic/ Cabernet
3.Non ML Radio
4. RWD
5.No DRS
6. Planned Mods? Upgrade front and rear brakes to F calipers/rotors (blue color)
7. Got rid of a New Camry XSE for this car. I have wanted one for years. Decided to get out of leasing and purchase what I always wanted.

I work as a Assistant Service Manager for a local Toyota Dealer In Alabama. This was a recent photo taken on my service drive.

Yes I love that color (maybe prejudiced cause I have the same). Is the nebula grey only on the earlier models?
The following users liked this post:
lexus4jess (01-31-22)
Old 03-19-22, 03:43 PM
AlexDev
Pit Crew

Received 98 Likes on 45 Posts

Proud new owner of my 2nd GS, a rare beauty at that: 2017 F-Sport in USB Mica 2.0, contrasting with a Flaxen interior. Bought last week in TX, she’s currently on a truck to arrive here in FL. More pics when she arrives..

*Selling my 09 450h, just throwing that out there*

The following 2 users liked this post by AlexDev:
Bocvos (03-20-22), FSportOnly (04-05-23)
Old 03-21-22, 04:18 PM
bigchromee
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. GS (Premium, Luxury, or F-sport). 2015 GS 350 F-Sport Crafted Line
2. Color exterior/interior Black/red
3. Nav or No Nav / Mark Levinson or No ML Nav W/ ML
4. RWD or AWD AWD
5. Dynamic Rear Steer or no DRS NO CLUE haha
6.Planned mods? Darker window tint, exhaust system, possible chrome delete
7. What other cars were you considering? What did this replace or add to? I upgraded from my 2008 ES350. I was taking a look at the Mercedes E-350/Audi A6, and the Genesis 5.0. Super happy I made this decision. So many new buttons I need to learn! Only had the car for 48 hours before I had to take back to the dealer for headlight electrical issues. Few pics I took below!

Old 03-24-22, 03:27 PM
NOLAxGS
Driver School Candidate

Default New to the GS club!

New to the club!!

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!