GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-22, 05:33 PM
AlexDev
Pit Crew

Received 98 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by NOLAxGS

New to the club!!
Congrats! But why is there an F Sport badge? Lol
The following 2 users liked this post by AlexDev:
greys0uled (03-25-22), MoonWalk (01-08-23)
Old 03-24-22, 07:14 PM
mtucci3
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexDev
I thought this was the same one I saw on Facebook. The dealer he bought it from sold it as an F-Sport, but it ended up only being badged as such. A few of us ran the vin from the ad and it's a base.

This is the best of my memory. Still a beautiful car.
Old 03-24-22, 07:15 PM
mtucci3
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

New to the club!!
Welcome! You'll find tons of info here about your ride!
Old 03-25-22, 07:48 AM
NOLAxGS
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AlexDev
lol apparently the old owner wanted to fool Carmax? Lol
Old 03-25-22, 10:37 AM
1111GS

Received 91 Likes on 79 Posts

New to the club!!
Welcome to the club. Nice and clean. Enjoy your new ride..
Old 03-25-22, 10:46 AM
greys0uled
Advanced

Received 137 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by LowRent
So, good news / bad news story here.

The bad first. Here's a video of me declining delivery of this vehicle from Carvana. I didn't shoot the video with the intention of posting it. It was intended for my records. As you watch it you're with me as the events unfold, and I voice a few of my thoughts outlout.
What was the price/mileage on the '13?
Old 03-25-22, 04:34 PM
Spacehog
10th Gear

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New Owner 2019 GS350

Hello everyone,
I'm hoping I'm in the right place as instructed. Just thought I'd introduce myself. I just joined the forum 5 min ago and boy oh boy is there a lot to learn with regard to tutorials/rules/navigation/features/different categories, etc etc. Wow! It's a bit overwhelming at first glance but I guess I'll just try to take a small bite every day. If I'm ever not within protocol, apologies ahead of time and please feel free to send me in the right direction.

I just bought a 2019 GS350 AWD smoky granite mica with the chateau interior (not 'F-Sport .. just a basic GS with 'Premium' package. No 'Executive' or 'Luxury' package or whatever else) with 22k miles that just came off lease from someone's return and came across this forum due to searching for info on my fuse box layout since I want to install a dashcam. I really like the car although I've so far only driven it home about 40 miles. So, wow, I've sure got a lot to learn about it. The stack of manuals alone that came in the glove box combined are bigger than a Stephen King novel!

Yet with all that equates to what could be a 1000-page ancient biblical tome, there's NOTHING AT ALL in any of the manuals about the fuse layouts, descriptions, or anything that helps 'decode' the cryptic alien language as labeled on the under-dash fuse box cover. No diagrams; nothing. I've been combing Google trying to find a breakdown of my specific fuse box in the interest of finding an 'accessory' fuse (one that only gets power when car is turned on) for the red wire from my Blackvue. That's what led me to tripping over the Club Lexus forum. I'll look for the appropriate category-board to post my question and start to peruse the site bit by bit. I hope that eventually I can as well get a bit familiar with the car so to reciprocate in the future and help anyone else out if possible.

Thanks. Good day to all.
Spacehog

The following 8 users liked this post by Spacehog:
bclexus (03-25-22), byungkuk (03-25-22), DaveGS4 (03-25-22), greys0uled (03-25-22), ItzFilyO (03-25-22), JDR76 (03-28-22), lexus4jess (04-05-22), mt223 (05-12-23) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-25-22, 05:13 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,147 Likes on 1,537 Posts

@Spacehog Welcome aboard! Enjoy your GS 350 AWD and also Club Lexus.

Somebody is bound to come along soon and help you with how best to power your Blackvue when the car is on. Or, Club Lexus has a strong forum search engine you might want to look into - using 'Blackvue' in this 4GS forum to search for information that may help you. Congrats on the GS 350 AWD and again, welcome...
The following users liked this post:
ItzFilyO (03-25-22)
Old 03-26-22, 11:59 AM
Japannum1
8th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default First time Lexus owner

Hey guys,
i just bought a 2013 Lexus gs350 one owner with 37000 miles
Gray exterior (nebula gray) beige interior I guess Lexus calls it light gray interior.
$24750 plus tax and license. Otd was $27xxx
RWD
base not FSport
Mark Levinson and Navigation

I searched the forum after buying the car for info. I have been a member of Acurazine as I’ve been a Honda/Acura Fan but have always been a fan of the GS.
If I am correct it has luxury package, Mark Levinson, Blind spot monitor and Park Assist.
Car has the common volume button pushed in stuck issue. Will try to see if I can fix it.
I changed the settings on the stereo after searching the forum as the default settings were terrible. (surround off rear fade 2, base2, treble3, mid2) It sounds decent now, nowhere near as good as my Krell audio on my Acura RLX sport hybrid but decent
car looks brand new. Well maintained And kept in excellent condition.
Thank all you guys for this forum and all the useful helpful information.
I was skeptical as the 2013 was the first year model of this final generation but I didn’t see any big issues from my quick research online so I bought the car.
Its sad to see the gs and rlx discontinued as they are both excellent luxury sport sedans.

Last edited by Japannum1; 03-27-22 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Typo
The following 3 users liked this post by Japannum1:
drjoseph (04-19-22), JDR76 (03-28-22), lexus4jess (04-05-22)
Old 03-26-22, 06:04 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,147 Likes on 1,537 Posts

Originally Posted by Spacehog
Hello everyone,
I'm hoping I'm in the right place as instructed. Just thought I'd introduce myself. I just joined the forum 5 min ago and boy oh boy is there a lot to learn with regard to tutorials/rules/navigation/features/different categories, etc etc. Wow! It's a bit overwhelming at first glance but I guess I'll just try to take a small bite every day. If I'm ever not within protocol, apologies ahead of time and please feel free to send me in the right direction.

I just bought a 2019 GS350 AWD smoky granite mica with the chateau interior (not 'F-Sport .. just a basic GS with 'Premium' package. No 'Executive' or 'Luxury' package or whatever else) with 22k miles that just came off lease from someone's return and came across this forum due to searching for info on my fuse box layout since I want to install a dashcam. I really like the car although I've so far only driven it home about 40 miles. So, wow, I've sure got a lot to learn about it. The stack of manuals alone that came in the glove box combined are bigger than a Stephen King novel!

Yet with all that equates to what could be a 1000-page ancient biblical tome, there's NOTHING AT ALL in any of the manuals about the fuse layouts, descriptions, or anything that helps 'decode' the cryptic alien language as labeled on the under-dash fuse box cover. No diagrams; nothing. I've been combing Google trying to find a breakdown of my specific fuse box in the interest of finding an 'accessory' fuse (one that only gets power when car is turned on) for the red wire from my Blackvue. That's what led me to tripping over the Club Lexus forum. I'll look for the appropriate category-board to post my question and start to peruse the site bit by bit. I hope that eventually I can as well get a bit familiar with the car so to reciprocate in the future and help anyone else out if possible.

Thanks. Good day to all.
Spacehog

@Spacehog

Check out these links to help you with wiring your Blackvue:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...sh-camera.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...hardwired.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-dash-cam.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...y-guide-2.html

Old 03-26-22, 09:26 PM
aachowhan
Intermediate

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Have you just considered using a ODB2 hardwire kit? That's what I use. I don't have to mess about the electrical of the car, splice wires, etc.

Like here:
Amazon Amazon

Make sure you have mini or micro USB.

On a side note, I only use my camera when I'm driving around. My Viofo A119s will drain the car battery in about 3 days to completely dead, no crank at all. So if you are looking for full parking mode, either start your car everyday, or use Blackvue's battery bank system.
Old 04-05-22, 09:30 AM
Spacehog
10th Gear

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi everyone. Thanks for all the welcomes. Nice to be here.

bclexus - Thanks for the links. I'll be looking into them ASAP.
aachowhan - I did consider that option but I'd just prefer to keep the ODB2 port free. I'd just rather have the cam wired up independently from that.

This is by far the fanciest and most newfangled-modern set of wheels I've ever owned. The newest thing I've ever owned is a beat-up '01 Jetta along with my '99 Dodge Ram 2500 pickup so this is definitely upper world to me! Lotta nice car pics to look at on here too. I still need to educate myself quite a bit with navigating this site/forum too so if I do anything seemingly strange, it's just me flubbing so apologies ahead of time.

2 things specifically that I need:
1 - The BEST QUALITY low profile mini add-a-fuse tap. As per all the reviews on Amazon, they're all cheapie pieces that don't fit right, break, etc..
2 - An appointment with the Wizard of Oz to help find out which fuse powers on as accessory-only (not hot-all-the-time. I already found one that's always hot).

I know this isn't the spot to post these questions. Just thought I'd mention it. Going to venture on and peruse the board now starting with those links.

One thing I did do.. Even though it's just a base model GS350, I did have the dealer install an F-Sport spoiler. Very subtle and classy looking. Love the way it finished off the rear.

Thanks.
Old 04-10-22, 10:19 AM
cbx1260cc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New Owner-Yesterday 2018 GS350 "F" Sport. 28K miles
Currently at dealership getting TPS monitor reset so no pictures yet.
WHERE to buy Lexus OEM Accessories (do not want to buy the cheap Chinese items)??
Dealer seems a bit HIGH for parts (need to replace Scuffed Sill Plates) Quoted $243 EACH for front, $201 EACH for rear. RECOMMENDATIONS for an online site to purchase these items?
Thank you
Old 04-11-22, 11:54 AM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,155 Likes on 852 Posts

Originally Posted by cbx1260cc
New Owner-Yesterday 2018 GS350 "F" Sport. 28K miles
Currently at dealership getting TPS monitor reset so no pictures yet.
WHERE to buy Lexus OEM Accessories (do not want to buy the cheap Chinese items)??
Dealer seems a bit HIGH for parts (need to replace Scuffed Sill Plates) Quoted $243 EACH for front, $201 EACH for rear. RECOMMENDATIONS for an online site to purchase these items?
Thank you
Congrats on the GS! A few OEM dealerships with competitive pricing online:
mylparts.com (use promo code CL5 for 10% off)
ssl-parts.com
Bell Lexus (eBay store): https://www.ebay.com/str/belllexusnorthscottsdale

OEM JDM parts:
https://www.japantunedparts.com/GS_s...how=200&page=1
https://lexusboutique.net/collections/2016-2017-gs-350
Old 04-20-22, 06:16 PM
Domovoy
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiper Position on a GS 350 summer winter positions

Found this cool video on how change wiper position on a 2015 GS

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!