GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-22, 10:03 PM
SVTSkip
5th Gear

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice looking ride ! So far based on my research I haven’t heard or seen much of anything at all in the way of problems with these cars. Do routine maintenance and enjoy for a LONG time ! I’m not planning on doing anything aesthetic to mine so I have NO idea what sort of visual mods/sites to visit, but I’m sure someone can direct you
Old 07-28-22, 08:06 AM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,168 Likes on 863 Posts

Originally Posted by DSB23
Just picked up last week a 2019 AWD, white with red interior.
New here and new to Lexus, so far I am loving this car.
Any commons problems I should know about?
What are good websites to find aesthetic parts for these cars? like carbon fiber stuff, mirror covers, etc...
Congrats on the new GS! A few OEM Lexus dealerships with competitive pricing online:
mylparts.com (use promo code CL5 for 10% off)
ssl-parts.com
Bell Lexus (eBay store): https://www.ebay.com/str/belllexusnorthscottsdale

OEM JDM parts:
https://www.japantunedparts.com/GS_s...how=200&page=1
https://lexusboutique.net/collections/2016-2017-gs-350

Trusted Clublexus Vendors for aftermarket goodies:
https://www.merakiautoworks.com/
https://www.modinjapan.com/
https://www.topendmotorsports.com/

The following users liked this post:
SVTSkip (07-28-22)
Old 07-28-22, 06:48 PM
Mangsailor
Intermediate

Received 94 Likes on 71 Posts

Hello!

Finally bought a GS today.

'14, 81kmi, Lux, cold weather package, AWD. Small little things here and there, but I really just need to use the right color touch up paint and buff it. Should be fine.

I was able to inspect it myself all around and underneath on a rack before purchasing. Not a single leak/weep/seep, little rust on the exhaust pipes though (certainly not as bad as many other, newer, cars i've been under). I'd much rather it be mechanically sound and everything functioning vs just being washed/waxed its whole life without anyone taking care of true maintenance.

I'll be sure to make some contributions here... but being as that would mean something would have to break and I'd have to fix it, so, I hope I don't! HA!

See ya'll around!
The following 2 users liked this post by Mangsailor:
JDR76 (07-28-22), SVTSkip (07-28-22)
Old 08-01-22, 06:58 AM
GameHunter
Driver

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Upgraded from my now deceased and tastefully upgraded 2010 IS 250 AWD(Gonna really miss that car, saved my life during the accident, IS 250 AWD pics).
Now in possession of a 2016 GS 350 F-Sport RWD with 78k miles. Has most of the features I wanted like lane keep and radar cruise, power trunk, freatured a clean title, and no accident history on carfax, autocheck or lexus drivers. I was also able to put the car up on a lift to inspect everything and check for any discrepancies. It is also my prefered color combo of white exterior with black interior. Already got the Grom vline system out of my 250 after the accident and installed it in the GS with the corresponding new cables. Very few things that needed addressing but my biggest 2 things at the moment is the hazy/faded front emblem covering the radar sensor($300+) and the rear parcel shelf where the subwoofer resides. Glue seems to have degraded and the fabric makes a buffeting sound as it slapps the material over the sub. Gonna see what DIY solutions I can do vs $400 replacement rear shelf as the panel covering the sub is apart of the assembly.

The following 5 users liked this post by GameHunter:
chinee (08-08-22), greys0uled (08-05-22), JDR76 (08-01-22), NathanBout (03-24-23), robm (08-01-22)
Old 08-01-22, 12:50 PM
1111GS

Received 94 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Mangsailor
Hello!
Finally bought a GS today.
Originally Posted by GameHunter
Upgraded from my now deceased and tastefully upgraded 2010 IS 250 AWD
Congrats and welcome to the club! Enjoy!
The following 2 users liked this post by 1111GS:
GameHunter (08-01-22), Rudeboy614 (03-25-23)
Old 08-04-22, 06:26 PM
txfatboy
7th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default New to me 2017 GS 350 F Sport

I'm 2 weeks into owning my first Lexus and could not be happier. I am a technician by trade and after 35 years in the industry, I had a pretty good idea which cars were going to be on my short list when I went shopping. This car is amazing. The equipment list is impressive. 2017 GS 350 F Sport, Silver with black interior. RWD with what I believe is a standard option list and regular radio. Does NOT have HUD, cold climate package, or 4 wheel steering. I was most impressed with the interior. It took me 30 minutes to find a flaw/blemish. I am the 3rd owner, has less than 100k showing on the odom. Carfax shows good service history and no wrecks. Paint looks original and very clean underneath. At this time I have no desire to do anything to this car. I already have "toys" that are plenty fast and definitely loud. I think when this is paid off I may trade up to the GS F.... will just have to do something about those seats.

Last edited by txfatboy; 08-04-22 at 06:35 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by txfatboy:
chinee (08-08-22), greys0uled (08-05-22), JDR76 (08-05-22), TLE86 (07-08-23)
Old 08-05-22, 04:59 AM
DSB23
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SVTSkip
Nice looking ride ! So far based on my research I haven’t heard or seen much of anything at all in the way of problems with these cars. Do routine maintenance and enjoy for a LONG time ! I’m not planning on doing anything aesthetic to mine so I have NO idea what sort of visual mods/sites to visit, but I’m sure someone can direct you
Originally Posted by AJLex19
Congrats on the new GS! A few OEM Lexus dealerships with competitive pricing online:
mylparts.com (use promo code CL5 for 10% off)
ssl-parts.com
Bell Lexus (eBay store): https://www.ebay.com/str/belllexusnorthscottsdale

OEM JDM parts:
https://www.japantunedparts.com/GS_s...how=200&page=1
https://lexusboutique.net/collections/2016-2017-gs-350

Trusted Clublexus Vendors for aftermarket goodies:
https://www.merakiautoworks.com/
https://www.modinjapan.com/
https://www.topendmotorsports.com/
Thanks, I'll be checking these websites.
Old 08-05-22, 01:19 PM
greys0uled
Advanced

Received 137 Likes on 107 Posts

@GameHunter How was Wireless CarPlay on the Grom been working for you?

Do you ever experience disconnections, audio cutting in/out, or your phone getting really warm?
Old 08-05-22, 01:51 PM
GameHunter
Driver

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by greys0uled
@GameHunter How was Wireless CarPlay on the Grom been working for you?

Do you ever experience disconnections, audio cutting in/out, or your phone getting really warm?
It’s great. I’d say connects and maintain connections 80% of the time. Rarely do I need to mess with it once it’s gotten the connection solidified. I’m on iOS 16 beta 4 so my recent issues have been more Apple related not Grom related anyway. When I was on iOS 15 and it was in my 250 AWD it was solid. 90% never dropped connection or only did under certain circumstances that I changed. Haven’t noticed phone getting very warm.

Overall I like it and if you can deal with a couple hiccups it makes the other functions of the Grom, like a full android computer, worth it. Watched a movie with my mom on a recent 2 hour drive and it was flawless on Netflix and using my phone’s hotspot. Looked great and sound system was good.
Old 10-18-22, 07:03 AM
miley
10th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey all
Lurked for awhile but figured I would go ahead and start posting. New owner of a very well cared for 2013 FSport with 80k miles.
Did my research for over a year before deciding on this model. Absolutely love this car and can see owning it for a very long time.

Things I have lined-up to do with the car right now:
Amsoil signature engine oil and filter / rear diff change
Axle back exhaust - Possibly Tanabe or Invidia
Paint correction and ceramic coating
Start button FSport replacement
Front brake squeal shims
Windshield and sunroof tint
Going to do a front to back check of any PM or otherwise serviceable parts
Ultra racing supports. Going to start with the front upper struts and go from there.
Fog light install
Maybe a high flow air filter... Tom's?

Things I plan on doing in the future:
RR racing tune.. maybe intake along with it?
Front camera
Steering wheel replacement with one from Elvin Carbon Fiber or Tom's
Grom HU or something similar (I really want to be able to play Gran Tourismo 2, 3, 4 on the HU screen)
Apexi N1-X exhaust
Rear diffuser - Lexon makes a diffuser that fits the Apexi exhaust tips
Matching front diffuser and side skirts
2016+ front bumper
Updated headlights
Speaker exchange to JL audio
Small hidden subwoofer

Wow I just realized how much that is going to cost after writing it all out... Anyways, cheers!

The following 2 users liked this post by miley:
AJLex19 (11-15-22), JDR76 (10-18-22)
Old 10-18-22, 07:47 AM
gdog5149
Pit Crew

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Welcome to the noobs!
G

The following 2 users liked this post by gdog5149:
JDR76 (10-18-22), PANICiii (02-05-24)
Old 10-18-22, 11:56 AM
1111GS

Received 94 Likes on 82 Posts

Looking good. Welcome to the the Club!
Old 11-15-22, 01:23 PM
Seminoles2
10th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just purchased a 2013 GS350. It needs a bit of work on the outside, just a few minor rock hits, bug hits, and paint scrapes that don't appear to be too deep. I wasn't even looking at lexus when I was trying to find a good used car but ran across this one and decided it was the best deal and went with it. I have so many questions and so much to learn.

The following 2 users liked this post by Seminoles2:
AJLex19 (11-15-22), PhilC13 (01-14-23)
Old 12-09-22, 06:19 AM
4GS350
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Greetings from Malaysia.

Just got all the paperwork done on this 2012 GS350 Lux couple days ago. Has about 102,xxxKM on it and comes with ML sound system. So far swapped the swift springs and GS F front lower bush goin in a few days time.

The following 2 users liked this post by 4GS350:
JDR76 (12-09-22), MoonWalk (01-08-23)
Old 01-08-23, 05:47 PM
MoonWalk
6th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hi folks,

Nice too meet all 👋 2018 300h model owner here, EU spec. Bought it only last year summer... don't know what happened to me because I was always a cars geek but mainly into French cars... Had Citroen for years, and loved their hydropneumatic suspension systems, and innovative but smart approach to designs and technology. Was thinking about purchasing C6 and then, sth striked me. GS was never popular here in EU and I knew this car but not seing it often made me totally forget about its existence... and then I watched "How to get away with murder" and really liked this series, specifically the main character... She had this beautiful black GS, and it grew on me that by the end of watching I had a new goal in life - buy Lexus 🤣 I even made my parents buy one as well by coincidence, since they have been looking for a new car (they had '98 golf...) for couple of years by then. They wanted sth really really small and ended up with 2017 NX 300h 🤣 (which is pretty big as for EU standards).

1. GS (Premium, Luxury, or F-sport)
GS 300H Elegance + packages (EU spec)

2. Color exterior/interior
silver (guess it's called Atomic Silver)

3. Nav or No Nav / Mark Levinson or No ML
Nav but no ML 🥺

4. RWD or AWD
RWD

5. Dynamic Rear Steer or no DRS
I gues not

6. Planned mods?
Alredy have Lexus logo lights in the doors. This year, only detailing planned 😇

7. What other cars were you considering? What did this replace or add to?
Replaced 2003 Citroen C5 2.0 petrol. Loved it.

Lexus is amazing, I love the sound proofing, and comfort - this was even quite a surprise, since after Citroen I expected slightly worse quality of comfort from suspension, that it will be more firm. Im not a sports car lover as most are, I prefer to relax, so this was really important to me. But Lexus does a really great job in this area. Also, the quality of cabine, upholstery, even the media aren't that bad. Only practicality is quite painful, lack of bigger storage spaces, no folding backseats... but like that being a luxurious car, it is pretty reasonable with costs due to low fuel consumption and smart hybrid l technology eliminating lots of risky elements.

Will add some pics once I get some nice photoshoot 😇
The following 2 users liked this post by MoonWalk:
Im2bz2p345 (01-09-23), JDR76 (01-08-23)

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!