GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-24, 08:52 AM
nquinn
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What all is added in the luxury package? The one thing that looks nice to me is the Mark Levinson sound package.
Though, I worry that the amp area is known to flood. Also not sure if the ML package intereres with some 3rd party android carplay units.
Old 02-19-24, 03:15 PM
shawmcbigdis
4th Gear

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Greetings everyone. Just picked up my first Lexus this past weekend.

2013 GS350
Riviera Red on Light Gray interior
Luxury, Nav, Mark Levison and cold weather packages
AWD
No DRS (don't even think it was an option on the AWD) or adaptative cruise
Might add Android Auto, other than that will stay stock

This car replaced my BMW e39 530i manual that I had for over a decade. The BMW had over 285k miles when I traded it, Hopefully the GS can blow that out of the water. The GS currently has only 61k miles on it, has full service history at Lexus dealer. I had been looking for a blue or red GS for months. I was super stoked to find this one only 5 hours away from me with such great options and low mileage. I spent all day Saturday on the road buying it, Sunday my kid was sick, and I'm still at work today, so these are the only pics I have of it;

at the dealer next to my BMW

And even with the low mileage I was surprised to find the still factory sealed first aid kit in the trunk

The following 5 users liked this post by shawmcbigdis:
AJLex19 (03-24-24), Carfan94 (02-21-24), greys0uled (02-23-24), JDR76 (02-19-24), Rudeboy614 (02-21-24)
Old 02-20-24, 07:07 AM
NickMayer
Advanced

Received 163 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by shawmcbigdis
Greetings everyone. Just picked up my first Lexus this past weekend.

2013 GS350
Riviera Red on Light Gray interior
Luxury, Nav, Mark Levison and cold weather packages
AWD
No DRS (don't even think it was an option on the AWD) or adaptative cruise
Might add Android Auto, other than that will stay stock

This car replaced my BMW e39 530i manual that I had for over a decade. The BMW had over 285k miles when I traded it, Hopefully the GS can blow that out of the water. The GS currently has only 61k miles on it, has full service history at Lexus dealer. I had been looking for a blue or red GS for months. I was super stoked to find this one only 5 hours away from me with such great options and low mileage. I spent all day Saturday on the road buying it, Sunday my kid was sick, and I'm still at work today, so these are the only pics I have of it;

at the dealer next to my BMW

And even with the low mileage I was surprised to find the still factory sealed first aid kit in the trunk

That is the spitting image of mine I just traded in, cept it was a '15. Does it have the nice 19 fsport wheels?
Old 02-20-24, 01:23 PM
shawmcbigdis
4th Gear

Originally Posted by NickMayer
That is the spitting image of mine I just traded in, cept it was a '15. Does it have the nice 19 fsport wheels?
No, it has the standard 18" Lux package wheels. Which I'm happy about, I'm old school I believe sidewall is good (to a point), I wish it had 17" actually. Yes tiny sidewalls look cool, but they ride worse and are way more prone to damage.
The following 2 users liked this post by shawmcbigdis:
Carfan94 (02-21-24), greys0uled (02-23-24)
Old 02-20-24, 01:27 PM
NickMayer
Advanced

Received 163 Likes on 125 Posts

No, it has the standard 18" Lux package wheels. Which I'm happy about, I'm old school I believe sidewall is good (to a point), I wish it had 17" actually. Yes tiny sidewalls look cool, but they ride worse and are way more prone to damage.
My wheels were wrecked when I got the car, lol, so I get it. I have them repaired and darkened and it looked SWEET after that. I have a 19 F Sport now and still prefer the old ones.
Old 02-21-24, 06:11 AM
shawmcbigdis
4th Gear

Originally Posted by NickMayer
My wheels were wrecked when I got the car, lol, so I get it. I have them repaired and darkened and it looked SWEET after that. I have a 19 F Sport now and still prefer the old ones.
I do have some pretty bad curb rash on one of the wheels, but its not that noticeable since its just on the edges. I will just live with it.

One thing I realized this morning that I am a lot more unhappy about is there is something wrong with the ML surround system. Decided to take advantage of the DVD-A capabilities of the system on my commute in today and realized the rear channels aren't playing. What's weird is I could have sworn I could hear the rear speakers when plying standard bluetooth audio, but the rear channels are completely missing form the surround mix. I assume this mean something is wrong with the system Amp/controller?
Old 02-23-24, 01:26 PM
shawmcbigdis
4th Gear

I do have some pretty bad curb rash on one of the wheels, but its not that noticeable since its just on the edges. I will just live with it.

One thing I realized this morning that I am a lot more unhappy about is there is something wrong with the ML surround system. Decided to take advantage of the DVD-A capabilities of the system on my commute in today and realized the rear channels aren't playing. What's weird is I could have sworn I could hear the rear speakers when plying standard bluetooth audio, but the rear channels are completely missing form the surround mix. I assume this mean something is wrong with the system Amp/controller?
So strangely, tried to trouble shoot the surround sound issue when I got home yesterday, and it was working fine. Drove to work this morning listening to a DVD-A in full surround with no issue. So does that mean I have an intermittent issue with the AMP? Is that a known thing?
Old 02-24-24, 06:58 PM
erupert66
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2015 GS350 F Sport Crafted Line

Just picked up my first Lexus Sedan and personal car. Bought the ‘99 LX470 new and had it 16 years, 270k miles which my wife drove. Then had a 2007 GX 470 for about 100k miles. Traded that for a 2016 Highlander…

been driving my 2011 F150 as my primary and an SL55 AMG as my “toy”. My son worked at a Lexus dealer for the last 5 years and has an 06 LS 430.

I started looking for a “daily” so that I could stop making the truck my daily ( 217k on it ) and just knew that it was Japanese or nothing because I just wanted something I can just turn the and go.

Spoiled by the AMG, I just couldn’t buy something boring and my son got me looking at the GS line. The first time I sat in a seat, I already knew I was going to like it. After the first test drive at a Carmax, I started my hunt for the model I wanted in the price range I wanted. While there are a bunch of misleading ads tagging cars as “crafted line” , I did stumble on a legit one. Has a couple tasteful body mods. The only thing I didn’t get was Mark Levinson but I wanted this model more than the audio.

I’ve owned it just a bit over a month and I’ve put 3k on it. 750 mile each way trip last week and it was so comfortable the entire way.

1. GS F Sport Crafted Line
2. Color White / Black/Red
3. Nav , No ML
4. AWD
5. no DRS
6. Planned mods? None, car came w cold air intake and some ground effects
7. What other cars were you considering? Genesis, Audi What did this add to? 2005 Mercedes SL55 AMG, 2011 F150, 2016 Toyota Highlander

Fresh back from paint correction

Posing for the photo. Wife gets the garage space on the right lol

The following 4 users liked this post by erupert66:
AJLex19 (03-24-24), asciarra21 (03-25-24), JDR76 (02-24-24), lexus4jess (03-28-24)
Old 03-23-24, 04:59 PM
jimhudgins
5th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Newbie here. Just bought 2013 lexus gs350 with 32,000 miles have run into a little shifting trouble but hopefully a relatively easy fix.
The following 2 users liked this post by jimhudgins:
asciarra21 (03-25-24), lexus4jess (03-28-24)
Old 03-25-24, 07:35 AM
asciarra21
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jimhudgins
Newbie here. Just bought 2013 lexus gs350 with 32,000 miles have run into a little shifting trouble but hopefully a relatively easy fix.
I would do a trans service.

A little context; bought my wife a 2019 with 30K and when I dumped the trans fluid it was black.
There were no issues with the shifting but I like my fluids to be fresh. Took a few to get it red again.

Quite possibly you’ll need some fresh fluid.
Just do a couple drains and refills if you can’t find a shop with a BG5 machine that can remove all the trans fluid in one shot.

GL
Old 03-28-24, 06:26 AM
FutureLexT93
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Lexus GS 350 RWD 93645 miles

Considering purchasing my first Lexus North Carolina driven Lexus GS with 93k miles for 20995 just wondering what are some things I should look for and forward to I work from home so and simply need a reliable car Im coming from a Toyota Avalon that didn’t need much yearly maintenance I’m hearing things about the tires but more so on the IS does the GS have the same issue as far as wear and tear on the tires

Anything else I should look out for ? Any information or insight is appreciated
Old 03-29-24, 07:33 AM
1111GS

Received 92 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by erupert66
Just picked up my first Lexus Sedan and personal car. Bought the ‘99 LX470 new and had it 16 years, 270k miles which my wife drove. Then had a 2007 GX 470 for about 100k miles. Traded that for a 2016 Highlander…

been driving my 2011 F150 as my primary and an SL55 AMG as my “toy”. My son worked at a Lexus dealer for the last 5 years and has an 06 LS 430.

I started looking for a “daily” so that I could stop making the truck my daily ( 217k on it ) and just knew that it was Japanese or nothing because I just wanted something I can just turn the and go.

Spoiled by the AMG, I just couldn’t buy something boring and my son got me looking at the GS line. The first time I sat in a seat, I already knew I was going to like it. After the first test drive at a Carmax, I started my hunt for the model I wanted in the price range I wanted. While there are a bunch of misleading ads tagging cars as “crafted line” , I did stumble on a legit one. Has a couple tasteful body mods. The only thing I didn’t get was Mark Levinson but I wanted this model more than the audio.

I’ve owned it just a bit over a month and I’ve put 3k on it. 750 mile each way trip last week and it was so comfortable the entire way.

1. GS F Sport Crafted Line
2. Color White / Black/Red
3. Nav , No ML
4. AWD
5. no DRS
6. Planned mods? None, car came w cold air intake and some ground effects
7. What other cars were you considering? Genesis, Audi What did this add to? 2005 Mercedes SL55 AMG, 2011 F150, 2016 Toyota Highlander

Posing for the photo. Wife gets the garage space on the right lol
Welcome to the club. You'll enjoy it. Looks good. The SL too. One of my MB's favorites.
Old 03-29-24, 07:38 AM
1111GS

Received 92 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by nquinn
What all is added in the luxury package? The one thing that looks nice to me is the Mark Levinson sound package.
Though, I worry that the amp area is known to flood. Also not sure if the ML package intereres with some 3rd party android carplay units.
The typical things are audio, seats, AVS and wheels. Luxury has the best seats if I remember correctly. F Sports also has AVS and can have ML. The wheels on F Sports are 19" where it's 18" on Luxury.
Old 03-29-24, 08:27 AM
ReggieFish
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1111GS
The typical things are audio, seats, AVS and wheels. Luxury has the best seats if I remember correctly. F Sports also has AVS and can have ML. The wheels on F Sports are 19" where it's 18" on Luxury.
The luxury has 19" wheels, just not offset.
Old 04-02-24, 10:54 AM
99alta
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jimhudgins
Some good advice from a long time Lexus mechanic ( great youtube channel). If you have more than 30-40k on a Lexus or Toyota transmission do NOT replace all the fluid or get flushed. He has seen many transmissions destroyed after doing so. The theory being a broken in transmission requires some grit in order for the clutches to bite properly. Do as Lexus suggests, do a single drain and fill. Drive it for a while and do another if still black, but you don’t want it bright red again. Makes sense to me, do what Lexus recommends. And I realize many will say BS, but that’s your call
The following users liked this post:
lexus4jess (04-02-24)

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!