GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-17, 03:45 AM
screen
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Groover08
I really should not do that as I'm a Toyota Motor North America employee and we have access to unique discounts through the employee scheme. I'm not deliberately being evasive, it just would not be fair to the other forum members who are not TMNA employees. Hope you understand.
That's Fair.

Goodluck on the new ride
Old 04-27-17, 05:01 PM
heban83
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also purchased a 2017 GS 350 F sport ultra white with roja red interior on March 16. I paid 48,507, I received close to 9k off msrp.
Old 04-28-17, 07:38 PM
e60bmw
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by heban83
I also purchased a 2017 GS 350 F sport ultra white with roja red interior on March 16. I paid 48,507, I received close to 9k off msrp.
Congrats! That sounds like a really good price, love the combo.
Old 04-30-17, 12:07 PM
Jwelsh21
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the club!

Hello just picked up a 2014 certified F-Sport, super stoked!!! Yes! You can fit 3 car seats in a GS, they are the ones from my SUV I'll be getting narrower ones for the GS
1. GS 350 F-Sport
2. White/Cab
3. Nav / Mark Levinson
4. RWD
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-img_1555.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-img_1553.jpg  
Old 05-02-17, 01:18 PM
GeoloGSt
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello everyone - thought I'd share my new GS with the forum. I've always admired Lexus cars and I'm thrilled to make a new 2017 GS 350 F-Sport my first from the brand. I previously had mostly owned Nissan/Infiniti products and drove a 2008 Mazda3 GT for nearly 9 years.

I had been scoping GS 350 F-Sports for nearly a year, using this forum as a guide to features and options - I was very well informed thanks to this forum. I found my GS online at a Dallas dealership in January and to my surprise it was still available when I was ready to purchase in early April. It's fully loaded and I was thrilled to find one with triple-beam headlights. It had 17 miles when I drove it home and three weeks later I'm only up to about 250 miles. I'm really impressed with the ride, power and handling - I'm looking forward to many years of service from this one.

One 'mod' that I'll take on later this fall will be getting Michelin Super Sport A/S tires installed. A little surprised that the RWD F-Sports ship with summer tires (I knew prior to purchase) and I think an all-season will be more appropriate for our somewhat unpredictable, but mild winters here. I'm awfully cautious of temps with my Pilot Super Sports summer tires on my Z.

Only issue so far is my Enform Remote activation, which I understand is a bit half baked. My online account indicates my GS is enrolled and activated, but the remote app on my Samsung Galaxy S8 doesn't 'see' my car. It's a frustrating loop to be in, as the app asks me to go to the web portal to add my GS - which is already there. I'm four calls in to Lexus customer service with no resolution.

1. 2017 GS 350 F-Sport
2. Ultra white w/ Flaxen interior
3. Nav & Mark Levinson
4. RWD
5. Dynamic Rear Steer
6. No significant mods planned - I did have a clear wrap installed on the entire front clip (entire hood, front fenders, bumper, mirror caps, under door handles).
7. Others considered: Mercedes C-class, E-class, Infiniti Q50. Replaced my 2008 Mazda3 GT, added to 2017 QX80 Limited and 2013 370Z.

The following users liked this post:
NashLex (05-31-17)
Old 05-03-17, 04:57 AM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 542 Likes on 395 Posts

Great color combo! Triple beams & Mark Levinson are must haves, Good move having ppf installed and if it were me I would just keep the original tires until they wear out and then replace them. Did the film installer cover the headlights too?
Old 05-03-17, 06:32 AM
GeoloGSt
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by charley95
Great color combo! Triple beams & Mark Levinson are must haves, Good move having ppf installed and if it were me I would just keep the original tires until they wear out and then replace them. Did the film installer cover the headlights too?
Thanks! I'm a firm believer in ppf - my Z was my introduction nearly 5 years ago. I've had the same installer do four cars now, and he's extremely reluctant to cover headlights so I haven't pushed the issue. Have you had yours covered?

I haven't driven at night to test the triple-beams, but I love the look. The ML system is astounding.

Reading up on the Potenzas it looks like they might not be as sensitive to the cold as the Pilot SS I'm used to.
Old 05-03-17, 07:09 AM
06ls430KTC
Intermediate

Received 70 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by GeoloGSt
Thanks! I'm a firm believer in ppf - my Z was my introduction nearly 5 years ago. I've had the same installer do four cars now, and he's extremely reluctant to cover headlights so I haven't pushed the issue. Have you had yours covered?

I haven't driven at night to test the triple-beams, but I love the look. The ML system is astounding.

Reading up on the Potenzas it looks like they might not be as sensitive to the cold as the Pilot SS I'm used to.
Nice ride!! I had my 2016 wrapped when I bought it. I have the complete front end wrapped liked you and the headlamps too. I wish I had triple beams - that and HUD are about all I'm missing by way of options.
Old 05-04-17, 06:15 AM
GeoloGSt
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 06ls430KTC
Nice ride!! I had my 2016 wrapped when I bought it. I have the complete front end wrapped liked you and the headlamps too. I wish I had triple beams - that and HUD are about all I'm missing by way of options.
Thanks! I might have to convince my guy to start doing headlights.

My only reservation about the HUD so far is that it greatly diminishes my time spent looking at the gauges (duh) and the digital gauge cluster was a huge selling point for me.
Old 05-09-17, 12:43 PM
SHuerta11
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

1. GS350 F Sport
2. Ultrasonic Blue Mica 2.0 - Black Interior
3. Nav with Mark Levinson
4. RWD
5. Dynamic Rear Steer
6. Planned mods? Dealer installed window tint and Clear bra (front end, hood, side mirrors) as part of my deal. Like most of us, I really like the GS F, so right now the only big mod planned is to switch out my wheels for a set of OEM GS F wheels.
7. What other cars were you considering? I was also looking at the Audi S4 and BMW M3 Sedan... I could not pass up on the deal of the GS, and really liked the redesign. What did this replace or add to? I've daily-driven a 2007 Toyota Tacoma since the day I purchased it new 10 years ago. Since then, family needs led me to purchase a new 2014 Toyota 4Runner for the size and space. Driving a truck for 10 years, I new I wanted to change to a 'sports' sedan. So I started researching this site for the different options available about 1 year ago. I found all the options I wanted in my color, along with fair price in a Certified 2016 GS350 F Sport. I couldn't pass it up and purchased it this past weekend.

doncmleon (12-21-21)
Old 05-09-17, 12:54 PM
screen
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice looking car. That too with triple beams. A real rare find.

Enjoy your new car.
Hope it was a good deal.
SHuerta11 (05-09-17)
Old 05-09-17, 01:00 PM
texaschwag
Driver School Candidate

1. 2014 GS 350
2. Black with black and brown interior
3. Nav & Mark Levinson
4. RWD
5. Dynamic Rear Steer i do believe, looks to have a rear rack and pin.
6. MMR Wheels and Firehawk 500 rears

Side note : someone at the auction stole the shift ****... hard to find. Love this car so far.

Welcome to Club Lexus!  4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-fljekwnl.jpg
Old 05-15-17, 03:01 PM
GSman1
Driver School Candidate

Just came from a 2006 GS 300 (3GS) to a

2013 Lexus GS350 F- Sport
White- exterior / Flaxen Interior
Mark Levinson audio and HUD
RWD
Dynamic Rear Steering

Old 05-18-17, 08:39 AM
FsportDad
Driver School Candidate

Default New here

What's up everyone. Just introducing myself.

2015 obsidian black f sport
Cabernet interior.
Waiting on the the goodies to show up. Bone stock for now.

Old 05-18-17, 09:29 AM
phins2rt
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by FsportDad
What's up everyone. Just introducing myself.

2015 obsidian black f sport
Cabernet interior.
Waiting on the the goodies to show up. Bone stock for now.

very nice! Welcome!!

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!