GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-18, 02:44 AM
A3OD
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

1. GS F Sport
2. Nebula Grey Pearl / Cabernet Red
3. Navigation / Mark Levinson 5.1 surround sound
4. RWD
5. No DRS
6. RSR super down springs, Red painted brake calipers, Phillips Xenarc 5k HID bulbs, Front bumper lip, Extended paddle shifters, Carbon fiber side skirts, 20" staggered wheels..
7. Considered BMW 535i & Porsche Panamera. The GS F Sport triumphs both all around. Added to my daily driver HS250h Premium.

The following users liked this post:
Pacman9270 (09-20-18)
Old 08-26-18, 05:58 PM
Yoder
Driver

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts

Hi All,

Just picked up a 16 GS. Looking forward to many years with this car. Been looking at the GS ever since I picked up my ES 350 a couple years ago. I really wanted a GS then but I drive a lot and took the economical approach and went with the ES and always regretted it.

Just tell us some basics!
1. 16 GS 350 Luxury
2. Color exterior/interior - Eminent White Pearl/Chateau
3. Has Nav, Mark Levinson and power trunk
4. RWD
5. no DRS
6. Planned mods? Window tint and ceramic coating with xpel on front. nothing else planned right now.
7. What other cars were you considering? What did this replace or add to? Replacing the ES, never really considered anything else. Always been a Toyota/Lexus guy. Wife’s daily is a 17 GX 460 and I also have a 13 Tundra Crewmax

Last edited by Yoder; 08-27-18 at 09:58 AM.
Pacman9270 (09-20-18)
Old 09-18-18, 06:28 PM
Mikey15F
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2015 GS350 F Sport

Nebula Gray - Cabernet
NAV/ML
RWD
37k mi
Got rid of a 2017 Grand Cherokee (looked great, but boring)

Pacman9270 (09-20-18)
Old 09-21-18, 10:58 AM
chinee
Racer

Received 939 Likes on 575 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikey15F
Nebula Gray - Cabernet
NAV/ML
RWD
37k mi
Got rid of a 2017 Grand Cherokee (looked great, but boring)

Mikey... I like the way your seats match your purse...LOL!

but seriously, congrats, and enjoy your new ride!
Old 09-21-18, 12:07 PM
bob256k
Instructor

Received 271 Likes on 206 Posts

Looks exactly like my car, even the same lighting cables and positioining lol!
Old 09-21-18, 04:42 PM
Cwang
Instructor

Received 312 Likes on 212 Posts

1. GS 350 F-sport with <80000kms
2. Grey!
3. Mark Levinson with the 12" touchscreen
4. RWD
5. Dynamic Rear Steer
6. Planned mods? Nope! I'm leaving this girl alone! I hardwired a new dashcam into the rain sensor.
7. I was considering a Mazda 6, Volvo v60, Subaru Outback and a Holden Commodore. This replaced a written off 6.0L 2008 Holden SSV Sportswagon

My first car was a Toyota Corolla, after 2 Commodores it's good to be back! I've already fixed the stereo ****. The seats are amazing, adjustable side bolstering and calf support is rather ridiculous!

Old 09-22-18, 06:09 AM
Yoder
Driver

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Cwang
1. GS 350 F-sport with <80000kms
2. Grey!
3. Mark Levinson with the 12" touchscreen
4. RWD
5. Dynamic Rear Steer
6. Planned mods? Nope! I'm leaving this girl alone! I hardwired a new dashcam into the rain sensor.
7. I was considering a Mazda 6, Volvo v60, Subaru Outback and a Holden Commodore. This replaced a written off 6.0L 2008 Holden SSV Sportswagon

My first car was a Toyota Corolla, after 2 Commodores it's good to be back! I've already fixed the stereo ****. The seats are amazing, adjustable side bolstering and calf support is rather ridiculous!

congrats! Gotta ask what are all the buttons on the group of six right of the wheel. Here in the states we only have 4, which is auto high beams, heated steering wheel, traction control and head light washers, curious what the 2 additional are for.

Cool to to see a RHD GS, haven’t seen one before.
Old 09-22-18, 03:35 PM
Cwang
Instructor

Received 312 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by Yoder

congrats! Gotta ask what are all the buttons on the group of six right of the wheel. Here in the states we only have 4, which is auto high beams, heated steering wheel, traction control and head light washers, curious what the 2 additional are for.

Cool to to see a RHD GS, haven’t seen one before.
Only 4 of the 6 are actually buttons, I didn't pay enough to have 6/6 I know what you mean about yours looking different. I have auto high beam, traction control and blind spot monitoring buttons. I also have a headlight washer button but I have no headlight washers, but it may be handy to have a spare button.

​​​​​​​Only the sports luxury model gets the heated steering wheel, so that makes 5...I don't think I've ever seen the 6th blank filled in with a button. I had a truck horn in my last car...maybe they were leaving me a spare for that.
Old 09-28-18, 02:58 PM
02REX
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Cool Military GS450H

hey everyone! It’s been a few years since my last Lexus. I’m active duty military (19 years) and just transferred here to California from the Submarine base in Washington. I have had (3) RX’s, ES350, and a 2010 GS350. I just picked up a 2015...

1. GS450H
2. Color (starfire pearl)
3. Nav /No ML
4. RWD
5. no DRS
6. Just bought my wheels and waiting for them to be put together, suspension, side skirt and front lip is coming, rear window spoiler on order, oem bumper appliqué added, led door, trunk, and vanity lights, led fog lights on order.
7. I have a 500awhp EvoX so the GS is gonna be my daily.

2015 with 30k miles

Glad to be back in the luxury scene!

Last edited by 02REX; 10-02-18 at 01:36 PM. Reason: dual post
Old 10-01-18, 06:03 PM
hotchorizo
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello Club Lexus,

I'd first like to introduce myself and say I am excited and looking forward to my 1st ever Lexus brand of any kind. I decided and ended up purchasing an off lease L Certified absolute mint 2015 GS350 F-Sport in Nebula Gray with 35k miles. Now I will preface this by saying I come from a German pedigree car background and currently own and previously owned mostly BMW's of all styles ranging from the 3 and 5 sedans/coupes and even 5GT versions. With that I have little to no knowledge of Lexus brand outside of what I have researched, read online and occasional car rentals. Sometimes ignorance is bliss but honesty Lexus was never in my radar as I always found their styling to be very boring and bland and certainly not on par with sports car or sedans from their German counterparts.
Then one day I decided to pop into a Lexus dealer just to see what was in store and have a look at a few cars in particular for a GS model only because I always a soft spot for the 2nd gen of the GS back in the day (long story). I came across this 2015 GS350 on the lot and really liked the not so bland styling, color combo, slick looking wheels and didn't have that new atrocious front spindle grill that some folks seem to either love or hate, I personally think its one of "fugliest" designs ever but that's a conversation for another day. Anyway, I took it for a test drive and I was immediately greeted by its comfortable seating, soft leather, soft touch and high quality cabin materials everywhere but more importantly the driving characteristics, road feedback, handling and sound from that naturally aspirated v6 what caught me by surprise. It was enough to convince me to buy this and make it my daily driver in my circulation. I never thought in my wildest car dreams I'd ever purchase a Lexus but this GS F-Sport really impressed to buy it. I will post some more photos once I get a nicer weather day and a good car wash but wanted to share some quick initial thoughts going into my 4th day of ownership..to be continued.

1st Impression Pros:
Aspirated V6 engine + sound (wish it had more power, but it's quick enough)
Sport + mode makes this car the closest thing to a BMW driving experience and that's a great thing
Fit and finish is great inside.
Materials are excellent and soft touch just about everywhere.
One of the most comfortable yet sporty seats I've sat in.
Overall great driving dynamics
Trunk space bigger than I expected
Great visibility all around

1st Impression Cons:
Probably the worst "infotainment" system I have ever used. Period. Lexus is so behind on this and what in the world were they thinking with that mouse type thingy and interface? BMW iDrive system is leaps and bounds ahead of Lexus in this dept. I feel like I went back to Windows 95 with this system.
No Radar Cruise/Lane Departure Assist/Forward Collision ( I understand this was an option?)
No Surround 360 camera
Speaking of camera, the backup camera has a very low resolution camera. I was very surprised by this to be honest, I thought Lexus would have a much higher quality camera view than this. All my much older BMW's that have a super high resolution cameras all around , very clear and sharp even at night. This one is very pixalated and outdated.
Heated steering wheel only heats the sides? My BMW 5 series have full on heat 360 and gets very warm and toasty, this is more like luke warm at best.
Miss the soft close doors (not a deal breaker, but nice to have)
Maybe it's a BMW M-Sport thing but I love the thickness and feel of their steering wheels, the Lexus F-Sport is like Spaghetti compared to it but again not a major deal breaker, maybe I am just used to thicker steering wheels.
That large center hump in the middle

1. 2015 GS350 F-Sport (L-Certified for 5 years)
2. Ext: Nebula Gray Pearl Int: Cabernet Red
3. Options: Navigation Package/HST/BSM/No ML/
4. AWD
5. No DRS
6. Planned mods: Window Tint, Black out all chrome, Audio Upgrade, Dash Cameras, V1 Radar, Dedicated winter wheel set, suspension
7. What other cars were you considering: The usual Germans. What did this replace or add to: Add to BMW 550i GT, BMW 530i, e46 325Ci

Old 10-01-18, 07:31 PM
chinee
Racer

Originally Posted by hotchorizo

Nice color combination... Congrats on your purchase! Welcome to the Club! ... and great first post!
Old 10-06-18, 10:36 AM
Tilter48
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re-Introduction - I'm an owner now!

I originally joined this forum in August 2017 as I started my search for a car to replace my 2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Limited wagon. It took me awhile but on September 1, 2018 I took delivery of my preowned 2015 L/Certified Lexus GS350 F Sport.
When I got it the immediate question was how long would it be till I stopped driving it like an old man?

It took two weeks before I stood on the gas. But most of the time I still drive it like the old man I am.
My FJR takes care of my need for speed most of the time.

Bright sunshine turns the black finish into a mirror.

Interior photo from dealer's online listing of vehicle

Touring broadens your horizons. Sports Touring tilts them.
Old 10-12-18, 08:40 PM
ghorn
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 GS350 F Sport - Just drove it home.

Pristine, Atomic Silver, F Sport, BSM, heated steering wheel, standard audio system, black interior. Some quick photos. Not the best, but I'll post better ones later.

Old 10-13-18, 01:51 AM
chinee
Racer

Nice. really nice!
Old 10-13-18, 05:47 PM
eddie420

Received 629 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by ghorn
Pristine, Atomic Silver, F Sport, BSM, heated steering wheel, standard audio system, black interior. Some quick photos. Not the best, but I'll post better ones later.
Congrats on being employee of the month. LOL.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!