GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-19, 01:11 PM
jonathancl
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by GregGeter
Not lowered to my knowledge. Any way I can tell?
Post more pics from the side with the camera lower down so we can clearly see the wheel gap.
RWD is lower from the factory than AWD, so it may just be the angle of your pics.
Old 02-08-19, 06:23 PM
kode3
Driver

Received 54 Likes on 32 Posts
Default 2015 GS F-Sport

1.2015 GS F-Sport
2. Atomic Silver / Circuit Red
3. Nav / Mark Levinson
4. RWD
5. no DRS
6. 20% Carbon Tint(rear) 35% Carbon Tint(front doors)
7. Sold my 2011 Nissan Frontier Pro-4x and moved on this GS after looking at 2018/2019 BMW 3 and 5 series, 2019 IS350, and the 2019 Genesis G70.

Old 02-11-19, 04:05 PM
OMIWYTCIMA
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New guy in South Bend, Indiana area.

Hi all, new to the forum: About my car: GS350 AWD, which I have had for a little over a year now and absolutely love it. Me: engineer - Purdue and Clemson Alum. Relocating to the SC area soon - my wife hates it here because she can't put the top down on her Miata enough months of the year. Priorities, man... =D
Old 02-11-19, 06:41 PM
waygreen
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome fellow new guys 😎
Old 02-15-19, 04:13 PM
soulless
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Hi,

Purchased this car around November of 2018, have been lurking until now.

1. GS F-Sport
2. Ultra White / Black
3. Nav w/ ML
4. RWD
5. No DRS
6. Pretty much stock for now, did LED upgrades including door curtesy, trunk LED strip. VLED Triton V6 turn signals for the rear, have fronts but have not installed yet. I have Morimoto XB fogs waiting to go in as well. Also upgraded to Osram CBB D2S bulbs.

I plan to add a rear roof spoiler, front lip, and visors. Thinking about Joe-Z exhaust as well.

7. This car replaced a 2008 Acura TL Type-S.

I have no pictures for now, since its basically a stock white GS. I plan to do a full paint correction/detail to get rid of the swirls from previous owner in the spring time.
Old 02-17-19, 06:23 AM
golddot
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Leds

Were those LEDs plug and play and do they make a big daytime difference, worth the money??
thanks

Originally Posted by soulless
Hi,

Purchased this car around November of 2018, have been lurking until now.

1. GS F-Sport
2. Ultra White / Black
3. Nav w/ ML
4. RWD
5. No DRS
6. Pretty much stock for now, did LED upgrades including door curtesy, trunk LED strip. VLED Triton V6 turn signals for the rear, have fronts but have not installed yet. I have Morimoto XB fogs waiting to go in as well. Also upgraded to Osram CBB D2S bulbs.

I plan to add a rear roof spoiler, front lip, and visors. Thinking about Joe-Z exhaust as well.

7. This car replaced a 2008 Acura TL Type-S.

I have no pictures for now, since its basically a stock white GS. I plan to do a full paint correction/detail to get rid of the swirls from previous owner in the spring time.
Old 02-18-19, 10:27 AM
soulless
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

The V6 Tritons? If you're talking about those then yeah they are plug and play. I had the older V3 Tritons on my TL-S and they worked really well. My real test was in direct sunlight to be able to see them or not and these are visible during direct sunlight. The kit comes with everything you need to run them including the box to prevent hyper-flashing.

There has been a lot of back and fourth whether its worth it or not because of the price tag, but i think they're worth it since everything is plug and play and no need to install seperate resistors, etc, customer service and warranty are great too if you do run into issues.

I can take some video of daytime/nightime when i can if you're interested in looking into these. I would probably wait until they have their sales to buy though.
The following users liked this post:
golddot (02-21-19)
Old 02-18-19, 07:28 PM
Nxplicable
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

EDIT: - FINALLY the title arrived and this is now MINE! If the title ever clears (2 weeks after seeing the post and putting money down), I'll (hopefully!) soon own a
1. 2015 CPO GS 350 F-Sport AWD
2. Liquid Platinum w/ Cabernet
3. Nav but No ML (dang)
4. Edit: I do NOT have the Cold Weather Package after all! I looked long and hard to find one with headlight washers! (I got those, somehow as an individual option, but there are no wiper de-icers or water repellant side door glass), Blind Spot monitor/folding mirrors, Intuitive Park assist.
5. No planned mods other than maybe some day retrofitting a trunk opener, and I'm not thrilled with the accessory Body Side moldings that it has as well as the Paint Protection film applied to the front.
7. I lighlty considered my 5th Mazda in 32 years, but I have always lusted after the the GS series, especially the 2013 through 2015 F Sport.... Test drives of each, however, sealed the deal! A 4 year old GS F Sport AWD w/ 25K easy Florida miles beat out the 2019 6 Grand Touring Reserve FWD turbo. I am not trading, but giving my college kid my 15 year old Mazda 6S V6 5-speed manual hatchback.

Liquid Platinum, Cabernet.

Stunning condition, inside and out.

Last edited by Nxplicable; 02-25-19 at 07:10 PM. Reason: I finally took ownership after a long wait for the title! :)
The following users liked this post:
kode3 (02-18-19)
Old 02-19-19, 04:57 AM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 542 Likes on 395 Posts

Nice looking GS! Why do you not care for the PPF on the front? I have PPF on mine and have no complaints.
Old 02-19-19, 11:01 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,103 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Nice, but I just can't get used to seeing those door guards.
Old 02-21-19, 08:56 PM
Nxplicable
Rookie

Talking Going to ignore the PPF for now...

Originally Posted by charley95
Nice looking GS! Why do you not care for the PPF on the front? I have PPF on mine and have no complaints.
I guess it's just that I've never had it before, so I need to get used to seeing it there. Large sheets of clear plastic covering the front end of a car has always jokingly reminded me of that little old lady who has clear vinyl custom fitted covers on her living room furniture... ha
Old 02-21-19, 08:59 PM
Nxplicable
Rookie

Default I hear that

Originally Posted by bclexus
Nice, but I just can't get used to seeing those door guards.
Not so sure what to do about that... to me they make the car look kind of Ford Taurusy... mainstream... rental fleet-like. Not a fan. But for now I'm going to ignore them. People in Massachusetts are incredibly "****** you" about dinging up your doors. They'll ding your door and keep on walking without even looking back... lol
Old 02-21-19, 09:00 PM
baconRx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Nxplicable
I guess it's just that I've never had it before, so I need to get used to seeing it there. Large sheets of clear plastic covering the front end of a car has always jokingly reminded me of that little old lady who has clear vinyl custom fitted covers on her living room furniture... ha
you can see it? The point of having it is that you can’t see it...someone did a poor job unless it’s half good cover then that just needs to be taken off
Old 02-21-19, 09:02 PM
baconRx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Nxplicable
Not so sure what to do about that... to me they make the car look kind of Ford Taurusy... mainstream... rental fleet-like. Not a fan. But for now I'm going to ignore them. People in Massachusetts are incredibly "****** you" about dinging up your doors. They'll ding your door and keep on walking without even looking back... lol
I believe that’s anywhere... it’s already happened to me twice. People have no respect or hatred towards other people’s property
Old 02-21-19, 09:04 PM
Nxplicable
Rookie

Default I see it.

Originally Posted by baconRx

you can see it? The point of having it is that you can’t see it...someone did a poor job unless it’s half good cover then that just needs to be taken off
BUT it's only because I know it's there. It was installed well, and is barely noticeable. If I stand next to the car I can see it. I'm not losing any sleep over it. The edges are a tiny bit frayed looking in a couple locations. Now that it no longer lives a cushy garaged life in Florida and it's going to live an ungaraged life here in Wintry salty Massachusetts it's probably going to start showing it's age.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!