GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-20, 10:53 AM
LSSAH
Pit Crew

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Powder coat required you to remove the brake calipers in order to paint, If you just paint eh calipers you do not need to remove it. I do not see the reason why need to to powder coat unless you get extra or upgrade calipers that you plan on put on in the future. To answer your question, power coat method dose hold the paint better but if you paint your caliper properly they will also last long time. it all come down to time and budget
Old 04-23-20, 02:21 PM
Reece
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hs 200t

‘16 GS 200t base
liquid platinum/black
No nav
rwd

Plan to add tune, intake, and rims.

The following users liked this post:
Bocvos (04-23-20)
Old 04-26-20, 04:14 AM
BMGS
Racer

Received 549 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by Reece
‘16 GS 200t base
liquid platinum/black
No nav
rwd

Plan to add tune, intake, and rims.

Congrats on the new car. I bought a 2016 200t a few months ago and it's been an amazing car. For a tune, I went with the BMS JB4 and it's been great. The car will make more torque than the v6 and at a much lower rpm. It actually appears to make the same low end torque as the 5.0 V8, at least in the sub 3300 rpm range. Also the 6.5% numerically higher differential ratio will exacerbate the torque to the ground when compared with the ratio on the v6 and v8 models.

I may add water injection on top of that once my warranty is up in two years.

For intake I just went with an AEM drop in filter, there are typically no gains from an open element intake due to the filter pulling hot air from the engine bay. You will get more sound if that is what you are looking for.

I also have no nav and still deciding on the GROM android unit that uses the oem screen or the full screen replacement versions. I honestly have no issues using the bluetooth sound from my phone, as its integrated very well with the oem controls. That's surprising to me since my last car had a full android unit but I dont miss it much due to the exceptional oem system in the GS.

Last edited by BMGS; 04-26-20 at 04:45 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by BMGS:
Reece (04-26-20), signdetres (04-27-20)
Old 04-26-20, 10:31 AM
Reece
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BMGS
Congrats on the new car. I bought a 2016 200t a few months ago and it's been an amazing car. For a tune, I went with the BMS JB4 and it's been great. The car will make more torque than the v6 and at a much lower rpm. It actually appears to make the same low end torque as the 5.0 V8, at least in the sub 3300 rpm range. Also the 6.5% numerically higher differential ratio will exacerbate the torque to the ground when compared with the ratio on the v6 and v8 models.

I may add water injection on top of that once my warranty is up in two years.

For intake I just went with an AEM drop in filter, there are typically no gains from an open element intake due to the filter pulling hot air from the engine bay. You will get more sound if that is what you are looking for.

I also have no nav and still deciding on the GROM android unit that uses the oem screen or the full screen replacement versions. I honestly have no issues using the bluetooth sound from my phone, as its integrated very well with the oem controls. That's surprising to me since my last car had a full android unit but I dont miss it much due to the exceptional oem system in the GS.
Thanks for the welcome and info. I just ordered the BMS JB4. I excited to install it when I get it some time next week. The sound from an intake is all I’m going for. I actually ordered the BMS filter with the JB4, making easy on myself. I was just reading on here about the GROM system. I’ve been taking a look and a few of those but I okay with oem right now as well. New car with more time on my hands keeps the mind thinking about all options. Hahaha.
Old 04-26-20, 12:21 PM
BMGS
Racer

Originally Posted by Reece
Thanks for the welcome and info. I just ordered the BMS JB4. I excited to install it when I get it some time next week. The sound from an intake is all I’m going for. I actually ordered the BMS filter with the JB4, making easy on myself. I was just reading on here about the GROM system. I’ve been taking a look and a few of those but I okay with oem right now as well. New car with more time on my hands keeps the mind thinking about all options. Hahaha.
Very nice, you will like the JB4 and its tempting to go to the +5psi tune (+4psi is the "safe for stock" default setting). I mounted my box vertically on the left side of the battery, there's a nice little pocket there. I placed a doubled up large zip tie around the battery to help hold it snug against the battery so I can slip out the unit if I need to remove for warranty service. The connectors on the JB4 are snug so make sure to lay out the harness first before connecting anything. One of the locking tabs broke as I tried to reposition but its held in snug even without the tabs.

With the JB4 box on the passenger side the OBD II cable they send may be too short. They originally told me the box should be mounted on the driver's side but I argued that it makes little sense to mount electronics on the hot exhaust side of the engine so they sent me a longer cable. The larger issue I have is running it through the firewall, let me know if you figure it out. I didn't go through with it as I knew it wouldn't be easy to remove for warranty work.

Yeah its entertaining to read the "issues" with the navigation/infotainment system when I think even the base model version is excellent. Enjoy the mods and the car!
Old 05-10-20, 08:15 AM
AndyGS
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default White GS350

Hey CL,

Bought my car back in January but finally got around to introducing myself.

1. 2017 GS350 FSport
2. White Exterior/Red Interior
3. Nav w/ Mark Levinson
4. RWD
5. No DRS
6. RSR Besti Coils
7. Was considering the A7 and E-Class but I needed something reliable and looks great.

Only real mod I have is the Inno Aero rack and Wedge Roofbox. Car is still under warranty so exterior mods for now.

Here’s my car the first day I bought it and currently!

Day 1

Currently
The following 2 users liked this post by AndyGS:
Bocvos (05-10-20), signdetres (05-11-20)
Old 05-15-20, 10:55 AM
Shanegs350
Driver School Candidate

Just go the stock wheels powder coated. Went with Dark Hyper-silver, looks black to me. The wheels are the same color as my window tinting . Looks great. Now I'm going to have the break calipers painted red unless any one knew's a better color for Nebula Grey? I'm also having a front lip installed. I bought it from IKON Motersports for under $100. I am going to have painter same color as the paint, Nebula Grey.

Last edited by Shanegs350; 05-24-20 at 04:40 PM.
Old 05-20-20, 09:25 AM
MBradshaw
Rookie

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Smile New GS Owner

Greetings All-

Relatively new to the forum, and thought I'd do the formal intro.
Just bought a new 2017 GS350 AWD (Base), Black on Black...loving the car so far!

Not planning much in terms of mods - maybe a slight window tint, and a rear spoiler. I think the car looks great stock, but I'm always on the lookout for any nice, clean mods that don't take away too much.
The following 3 users liked this post by MBradshaw:
JDR76 (05-20-20), Newskovich (05-20-20), signdetres (05-20-20)
Old 05-22-20, 06:07 PM
Ironman50
Intermediate

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

AndyGS,
She looks like a beauty in mint condition.
1) How many miles?
2) Where did you find it?
3) How do you like the ride?
4) Did you test dive both F Sport and non F Sport?
Old 05-23-20, 10:50 AM
BMGS
Racer

Originally Posted by MBradshaw
Greetings All-

Just bought a new 2017 GS350 AWD (Base), Black on Black...loving the car so far!

Not planning much in terms of mods - maybe a slight window tint, and a rear spoiler. I think the car looks great stock, but I'm always on the lookout for any nice, clean mods that don't take away too much.
Congrats on the purchase! Looks great and exactly like mine! Agree that the car looks great stock. Especially with a the non F Sport models, the car has more of a luxury look and mods typically detract and cheapen that nice factory look. The only visual mods I have done are led front turn signals, JDM OEM shift **** (has perforated leather to match the seats) and Michelin PS4 tires. I count those as a visual mod also because of the design. I decided to forego the spoiler to keep the clean look out back. Enjoy!
Old 05-23-20, 06:11 PM
txcoupe
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Return to GS Family

Sold my GS460 in 2016. Couple cars later and with the GS being discontinued, picked up this 2017 F Sport and glad to be back.

2017 Smoky Granite Mica/Rioja Red

Last edited by txcoupe; 05-24-20 at 04:54 PM.
The following 6 users liked this post by txcoupe:
CAKETOWN (05-24-20), chinee (05-23-20), FSportOnly (06-23-20), Ironman50 (05-24-20), MBradshaw (05-25-20), signdetres (05-23-20) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-23-20, 07:34 PM
chinee
Racer

Received 939 Likes on 575 Posts

txcoupe... welcome back! Your GS looks really good, and you got the rioja red leather like mine... you gotta love that interior!
The following users liked this post:
txcoupe (05-23-20)
Old 05-23-20, 07:36 PM
chinee
Racer

Received 939 Likes on 575 Posts

Originally Posted by MBradshaw
Greetings All-

Welcome to the forum. Don't go too light on the tint though, black cars look good with a dark smoke... I've always found 50% is a good compromise, and go ceramic or better if possible. You will appreciate it in the summer.
Old 05-24-20, 07:44 AM
Ironman50
Intermediate

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

txcoupe, where did you find that black beauty?
Old 05-24-20, 09:28 AM
txcoupe
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Ironman50
txcoupe, where did you find that black beauty?
Echo Park/Driver Select Dallas. Their cars sell super quick. It was an off lease from Lexus.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 4GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!