GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

4GS Release Discussion!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-11, 03:01 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Interior looks great... features are awesome... I still have to see the exterior better in maybe real video to judge better... many have complained about the overhangs in the concept, but this production car has very short front overhangs...

when it comes to the exterior, i think that in those crappy white shots, we did not see all the small details - for instance if you check CTh F-Sport in even pics, you see how many of those small details are seen in those real life pics and car looks great.... I expect the same from GS... well I hope at least.
Old 08-18-11, 03:01 PM
bam
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GSteg

Looks A LOT BETTER right here!! The stance + wheel combo makes a huge difference.
WOW! From this shot, this car looks sik! I can see a lot of potential for the f-sport and gs-f version. Way to go Lexus for doing something more aggressive than normal and creating a car with emotion. The interior is a BIG-BIG win! It looks very rich and elegant and sporty all at the same time. IMO, of course.
Old 08-18-11, 03:02 PM
roccyGs400
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damMmMmm i want this..So tempting to get rid of my 2gs and my integra to down on this
Old 08-18-11, 03:08 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Pictures are better, but unfortunately didnt change my feelings. Im not getting that "gotta have it" feeling like I have with previous GS models. It just doesnt look unique in any way. Hoping the F-sport model adds a bit of excitement to the design.

The interior is nice, just having a problem with it looking so European. Nothing about that interior seems Japanese. IMO if I want a German inspired interior I'd just get a German car. I was hoping for a center console more reminiscent to the LFA. Oh well.

Things I love?! Leather interior color is awesome as is the leather dashboard and contrast stitching, LFA inspired steering wheel, as well as driving enhancements we read about last month.
Old 08-18-11, 03:13 PM
ted920
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by G Star
Haha, I said people were all angry at the leaks and now that we have a reveal most did turn over and after seeing it in person, almost all of you will like it. Lexus doesn't let us down folks, the exact same thing happened with the CT.

LF-Ch concept was great and received many criticisms and everybody turned.
CT prototype and leaks were heavily critiqued and shunned.
CT final showing was great and most did turn and ended up loving it.
Now it sells very well.

Recognize a similar pattern?

I'm actually reverse from most sentiments here, really liking the exterior (Lexus followed through and even exceeded my expectations in certain ways). The new generations of interiors looks nice but still not my cup of tea and that leather shifter boot looks very out of place, what is up with that? all GS350 MUST have a shifter boot? They really want us to get the Hybrid .

Totally AGREE, the LEATHER SHIFTER BOOT IS OUT OF PLACE AND LOOKS LIKE CRAP. Stupid Lexus decision.

I will continue to echo previous sentiments, the care look lbland, boring, totally unimaginative on the exterior. Size mirros, can they get any bigger?
nice job on the grill !
Door handles look bad as well. How about something more sleek like on the concept.

The interior is OK at best w/ exception of the dumbass leather shifter.

Just another boring Lexus GS, like that 3rd gen monstrosity.

No wonder Gs is doomed to a 4th or 5th place position in this segment behind BMW, Mercedes, Audi.

Where's the progress Lexus?
Old 08-18-11, 03:13 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GFerg
Pictures are better, but unfortunately didnt change my feelings. Im not getting that "gotta have it" feeling like I have with previous GS models. It just doesnt look unique in any way. Hoping the F-sport model adds a bit of excitement to the design.

The interior is nice, just having a problem with it looking so European. Nothing about that interior seems Japanese. IMO if I want a German inspired interior I'd just get a German car. I was hoping for a center console more reminiscent to the LFA. Oh well.

Things I love?! Leather interior color is awesome as is the leather dashboard and contrast stitching, LFA inspired steering wheel, as well as driving enhancements we read about last month.
well design is ok, main point of the interior is that they answered to everything 3GS owners complained about... as an 3GS owner, i am very happy with interior upgrades, this just looks like high tech luxury, 3GS was very old school, but still very luxurious.
Old 08-18-11, 03:22 PM
Terrapin
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 07LXgs350
for the last time, this car will be LIGHTER than the 3gs and any other car in its class!
Do you have any numbers? Seriously, I was happy to read that there will be more aluminum components in the suspension as some competitors have done for years, but is there more?
I generally like the new design, especially the interior, but this car will be the GS model in production as we enter the new CAFE requirements in a few years. I hope the final numbers show a substantially lighter GS and other efficiencies. Lexus/Toyota has other models to help their CAFE, but even in the sport/lux category, they cannot ignore this issue. Less weight will help all other aspects of performance too.
Old 08-18-11, 03:25 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

In before reveal, my estimate is an additional 5 hp and 1mpg gain in both hwy and city
Old 08-18-11, 03:28 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Terrapin
Do you have any numbers? Seriously, I was happy to read that there will be more aluminum components in the suspension as some competitors have done for years, but is there more?
I generally like the new design, especially the interior, but this car will be the GS model in production as we enter the new CAFE requirements in a few years. I hope the final numbers show a substantially lighter GS and other efficiencies. Lexus/Toyota has other models to help their CAFE, but even in the sport/lux category, they cannot ignore this issue. Less weight will help all other aspects of performance too.
I believe the early review said it was 120-130 lbs lighter which is a huge deal when everything else is gaining 400-500 lbs. According to the U.K press release there is tons of aluminum used in the suspension which should help unsprung weight which helps handling.
Old 08-18-11, 03:29 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lexus did me right. I love it, interior and exterior both. I actually like the exterior more than the interior. I still don't love the rear, but it has potential.

Interior looks good, but I actually liked many aspects of the 3GS interior (besides the interior volume). Now the interior looks a little too "German" for my tastes. But I'll take it. I like the effort. I can see that Lexus was really trying to do something "special" with the 4GS, and I can only applaud their effort. I don't need one for a few years, I like to let them work the bugs out. So I'll wait for the 'refresh' with an upgraded mods list and upgraded powertrain, and then I'm all over it in about 3-4 years.

Go Lexus, I love it!

That white AWD pic leaked earlier looks pitiful in comparison.
Old 08-18-11, 03:30 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

the number was posted before, i remember it was 36xxlb?
Old 08-18-11, 03:31 PM
Nick2JZ
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Lexus can't please everyone, but i think we've got a winner here. Interior is phenomenal luxurious and thanks god Lexus finally put a nice analog clock. Two thumb-up for me......... now i am excited about the next LS.
Old 08-18-11, 03:34 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

GS350 weight loss is offset by added equipment, GS450h is 150lbs lighter than before.

Overall, GS350 is 400lbs lighter than 535i.
Old 08-18-11, 04:02 PM
supags
Driver

i dont know..the only thing i hate is why didnt lexus go with quad headlights? it would of look soo much better
Old 08-18-11, 04:04 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Re:The sifter boot. I for one welcome it. I think it looks elegant, hate the look of the gated shifter in some instances.

Quick Reply: 4GS Release Discussion!