GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

4GS Release Discussion!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-11, 08:27 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jtrue28
and if the articles I've read are true, about updating the cars every 3 years, then MY2016, the GS will get a new engine and be "new" again. Then MY2019, re-do the exterior/interior and carry-over the engine.
By then all cars might be electric.
Old 08-19-11, 08:28 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 214 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Pitman
Ok, I admit, the official pics of the 4GS does make the car more appealing than the leaked pics from China. BUT, I still don't see anyone w/ a working brain buying this car over an E-Class or a 5-Series.
says the guy who drives an Infiniti.
Old 08-19-11, 08:33 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spwolf
8" and multimedia/remote touch is standard on all models... 12.3" is for nav models.
Apperantly bi-LED headlights are optional on GS350 as well.
So territories where GPS navigation is not available get an 8 inch screen instead?

Btw, how big was the screen in the 3GS?
Old 08-19-11, 08:33 AM
oblivionis
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice car over all but looks too much like the IS. I was expecting this "new" styling direction to be more than a stretched, refreshed IS.
Old 08-19-11, 08:47 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

I am wondering how the next ES would look now that they dropped the quad headlights for the GS, it will be of similar size to the 4GS, so I hope it will be easily distinguishable from the 4GS, ... otherwise ......
Old 08-19-11, 08:48 AM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by iggyhop9
I was looking at some old posts on The Lexus Enthusiast and it's shocking how accurate those japanese magazine renderings are! Look at the GS at the very top....I mean, this is an April issue and it looks just like what we saw yesterday!
All they did was graft a CT200h front end to a modified body of the current version. They're wrong because this car does not have a CT200h front end grafted on to the current version. The general idea is correct but that's expected since the spindle grill will be a future Lexus design element.
Old 08-19-11, 09:43 AM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Ok, I admit, the official pics of the 4GS does make the car more appealing than the leaked pics from China. BUT, I still don't see anyone w/ a working brain buying this car over an E-Class or a 5-Series.
I'm interested to know at least one good reason why you think someone should take the more expensive, less powerful, less fuel efficient, less reliable, not as tech laden, not as high quality on the inside and more dull on the outside E-class over this.
Old 08-19-11, 09:51 AM
GS3Tek

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

So far we have one p-chop, not bad
ooops, forgot about the red one.

I hate the E class and 5 series, but I don't go around and insult people's intelligence that way

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
I'm interested to know at least one good reason why you think someone should take the more expensive, less powerful, less fuel efficient, less reliable, not as tech laden, not as high quality on the inside and more dull on the outside E-class over this.
B A D G E (with a warranty)........j/k for those who can't take a joke

And beauty is always subjective.

Last edited by GS3Tek; 08-19-11 at 10:51 AM.
Old 08-19-11, 10:01 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

7" i think... and lower res.
Old 08-19-11, 10:07 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
So far we have one p-chop, not bad

I hate the E class and 5 series, but I don't go around and insult people's intelligence that way

And beauty is always subjective.
Agree with the intelligence part but I actually like the new 5 series and can't decide whether it looks better than the 4GS until I see the 4GS in person, but the interior of 4GS is probably already the best in class . I do agree the E class is the ugliest in it's class with a particularly cheap looking rear ...
Old 08-19-11, 10:17 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
Agree with the intelligence part but I actually like the new 5 series and can't decide whether it looks better than the 4GS until I see the 4GS in person, but the interior of 4GS is probably already the best in class . I do agree the E class is the ugliest in it's class with a particularly cheap looking rear ...
i think 5 series looks stunning in real life when it is not moving... but when it moves, it doesnt have that presence anymore, it could be any car from the profile.

e class is ok, but obviously overall now it is one generation behind, both inside and out (you can pay a lot for styling packages that make it good on inside, but these days interior they are trying to push doesnt really feel special on both C and E classes).

A6 i still have to see on the road.
Old 08-19-11, 10:27 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

ergonomically, GS interior is so much better than competition that it makes you wonder how they can do it so easily while others cant.

and did anyone notice how little there is of matte black plastick in the car? tiny bits only... unlike A6, where you have plenty for instance (Mr. Burns showed this before).

Smart phone integration is now top of the class with nice selection of apps, live updated bing poi's and nav, and usage of your smartphone's data plan.

Lets mention the seats... from very good and unadjustable arm chairs, to excellent top of the class sports wonders with 18 way adjustment!!!

And so much leather... everywhere...

Now I need to wait for 3 years for someone to sell their 2-3 year used one :-)
Old 08-19-11, 10:35 AM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Small minute changes to the front end would really make this car. All I've done here is get rid of the fangs and unify the foglight area a bit more and it just looks so much more refined. Is designing cars really that hard?

4GS Release Discussion!-pgwew.jpg
4GS Release Discussion!-eoqik.jpg

What bothers me most about the exterior is not the general shape and lines but the details, which is a first from Lexus for me. Usually details are a main reason why I like Lexus design but this time they went overboard.

Heck I will be happy with just the fangs gone, they're pointless, superfluous and idiotic. The foglight area looks unfinished, again just a few small lines can bring everything together.
Old 08-19-11, 10:48 AM
GS3Tek

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
A6 i still have to see on the road.
Just find an A4 and enlarge

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
Small minute changes to the front end would really make this car. All I've done here is get rid of the
fangs
and unify the foglight area a bit more and it just looks so much more refined. Is designing cars really that hard?

What bothers me most about the exterior is not the general shape and lines but the details, which is a first from Lexus for me. Usually details are a main reason why I like Lexus design but this time they went overboard.

Heck I will be happy with just the fangs gone, they're pointless, superfluous and idiotic. The foglight area looks unfinished, again just a few small lines can bring everything together.
Thanks. That's the word I was trying to find to describe that ugly chrome part

The front is very angular and lexus slaps on the a round foglight That killed the aggressiveness of the bottom end

(I'm wondering if those are the same parts from current lexus/toyota foglights-chrome shroud and lens).

oooh, I see a potential for aftermarket lower lip kit: TTe, Wald,...

4GS Release Discussion!-eoqik.jpg

Last edited by GS3Tek; 08-19-11 at 10:54 AM.
Old 08-19-11, 10:50 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 214 Likes on 146 Posts

Has anyone heard whether that's the "new" Liquid Platinum color? And those wheels look larger than 17 or 18...did they put 20" wheels on that? It's obviously lowered.

Quick Reply: 4GS Release Discussion!