GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

4GS Release Discussion!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-11, 01:34 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Infiniti M comparison (NOT saying they're similar, just comparing with competition):

4GS Release Discussion!-vngrz.jpg
4GS Release Discussion!-5jh1u.jpg

4GS Release Discussion!-8hqdb.jpg
4GS Release Discussion!-3sum7.jpg

4GS Release Discussion!-u4tom.jpg
4GS Release Discussion!-bc8t4.jpg

4GS Release Discussion!-xs0cs.jpg

Last edited by Mr. Burns; 08-20-11 at 07:57 PM.
Old 08-20-11, 03:10 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

The sideview of the M is ok, every other view - its fugly
Old 08-20-11, 03:36 PM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mr Burns you're saying that they look alike or what?

People say it looks like an Audi, some say Hyundai, Accord, BMW, Mark X, Infiniti M, Kia Cadenza...etc The thing is, ever thought all cars in this generation look alike?
Old 08-20-11, 04:06 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts

I think 4GS looks better than the Infiniti M from all angles
Old 08-20-11, 04:07 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Rashoodz

People say it looks like an Audi, some say Hyundai, Accord, BMW, Mark X, Infiniti M, Kia Cadenza...etc The thing is, ever thought all cars in this generation look alike?
i think most important part is that it looks like combination of GS and IS and LS, in real life pics and looks like an Lexus.

Just because Hyundai copied Lexus tails from 2006 models doesnt mean Lexus needs to completely change their designs.

Just like that side profile - if we compare it with 3GS, we see a lot of resemblance.
Old 08-20-11, 06:37 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rashoodz

No, I just posted pics for comparison. Despite being on the conservative side, the detailing and surfacing on this car is executed far better than any Hyundai, Honda, KIA or Toyota, and from the pics above, the Infiniti M as well. The only car that is as good if not better in this area is the BMW 5 series IMO.
Old 08-20-11, 06:39 PM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

4GS Release Discussion!-vngrz.jpg

Once again, every time I look at this car, I like it even more. I think this shot is phenomenal.

The rear has really grown on me as well.
Old 08-20-11, 06:59 PM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The final version is definitely much better than what I expected from the teasers. I was expecting the ugly huge black grille on the ugly Audis', but Lexus I think did a much better job in doing the "big" grille here. Tasteful and not offensive.

That's just Lexus, conservative of sorts, never outrageous, and never offensive. It's vanilla in a nice way.

Also, how many "different" car looks are there? Every car is going to look like some other car, unless you're talking a Bugatti Veyron, or Lamborghini Aventador, which are radical and not for "generic" volume selling vehicles anyway.

I think this will do just fine and is a fine design to succeed the 3rd gen GS.
Old 08-20-11, 07:10 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Yes, most would be options of course. My point was that GSh and GS F for example would bring additional technology not listed here. Most of these options likely will be available for all GS variants, but there might be some technology specific to each variant.
got your point. can't wait to see what exclusive options they have for those cars, if any

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
I think 4GS looks better than the Infiniti M from all angles
yes, looking at the final pics, i do like the 4gs more than the m
Old 08-20-11, 07:20 PM
LT. LEX
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This confirmed it for me. My new sedan will NOT be a GS. I think most buyers in this segment will agree with me in that the Germans (namely BMW) have won this generation of midsize sedans. Even if I did want to stay with a Japanese manufacturer I would go with the M series of Infiniti. Hell, I might even go with the Korean Hyundai and save a few bucks! I think Lexus' GS line has declined since the 2nd generation with the exception of the GS450H. But the styling is more bland than ever. The performance numbers that I've seen so far have been disappointing. I just don't know many people who will spend $50k+ plus for this when so many other better options are available. But I do understand that not everyone has my tastes and that there are many people that like these vanilla luxury cars that Lexus makes. Once I sell my current GS, I doubt that I'll buy another Lexus, with the exception of a hybrid model.
Old 08-20-11, 07:25 PM
LT. LEX
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bushwack
FYI....if history is any indication, Lexus always makes significant improvements in year two of a new model. I expect the LS tranny (or the GS460's tranny), an optional turbo or supercharged 6 (maybe a twin turbo four but that would be a stretch) and possibly new rims. From an eco perspective, Lexus missed the mark. Car should be 200 lbs lighter, get better mpg and and boast about a carbon fiber hood and trunk.

The car isn't a home run (more like a double stretched into a triple).

Other then a fresh exterior/interior, mechanically we're looking at a 2007-2011 GS350.
+1
Old 08-20-11, 07:29 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

So how does the 4GS look like the Infiniti M?
Old 08-20-11, 07:37 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by LT. LEX
This confirmed it for me. My new sedan will NOT be a GS. I think most buyers in this segment will agree with me in that the Germans (namely BMW) have won this generation of midsize sedans. Even if I did want to stay with a Japanese manufacturer I would go with the M series of Infiniti. Hell, I might even go with the Korean Hyundai and save a few bucks! I think Lexus' GS line has declined since the 2nd generation with the exception of the GS450H. But the styling is more bland than ever. The performance numbers that I've seen so far have been disappointing. I just don't know many people who will spend $50k+ plus for this when so many other better options are available. But I do understand that not everyone has my tastes and that there are many people that like these vanilla luxury cars that Lexus makes. Once I sell my current GS, I doubt that I'll buy another Lexus, with the exception of a hybrid model.
More bland than ever??

How is the GS bland? Excluding the LFA this is by far the meanest Lexus to have developed, the front is an obvious evolution of IS-F and it only gets more aggressive with the F sport and F models GS.
Old 08-20-11, 09:49 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

in the side profile shot above, it makes it look like the rear overhang is way too long and makes the rear doors look too short.
Old 08-20-11, 09:52 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts

I think they want more trunk space ...

Quick Reply: 4GS Release Discussion!