GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

4GS Release Discussion!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-11, 03:48 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by natnut
How will the new GS be vanilla? It will be lighter than the 5 series/E class/A6/M35 and apparently will be the best handling sedan in the Lexus line-up bar the F models. It will have more useable passenger and trunk space than the 3Gs and looks much better IMO.

I would at least see the car in the flesh first and test drive it before I made up my mind....
actually, previews of GS F-Sport said it handled better than IS-F already and it was best handling Lexus sedan ever. Some already commented how it will be better than 5 series which grew big, fat and unresponsive.

But yes... internet fans wont ever like it. Who cares?

When FT-86 was introduced a lot of people commented on Autoblog how it is probably Camry based and boring.

;-)
Old 08-21-11, 04:00 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

spwolf, please comment on my earlier post.

Btw, my prediction is that I still believe Panasonic Nanoe will be only for JDM models (i.e. those sold in Japan only).

Though I would like to be proven wrong on that
Old 08-21-11, 06:33 AM
lostnspace
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Along with performance I'm really curious about the functionality of the mouse feature.

With all the added benefits of downloading apps, Bing search, and a new UI, will all this be regulated to use when the car isn't in motion? Or will the driver or at least the passenger be able to use the nav/info system.

I really hope Lexus gives a little more functionality to driver with the new system or at least adds more intuitive voice commands.

On the current Nav system I do like the Lexus Enform though, finding places through an app or from my computer and sending it to my car is nice feature. I also like calling in and asking for different locations to be added to my route or finding the nearest (whatever it is I'm looking for). When my car was totaled I was very appreciative of being called immediately and asking if I needed medical assistance through the Safety Connect.
Old 08-21-11, 06:46 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

they really should have had a black 2013 GS460(or 500) sitting next to that new 350 at pebble beach.

now word is there will be no V8 and the GS-f will be probably be a hybrid or a V10... I really hate the sound of this.

so the logical V8 is out and it's either a hybrid or a V10. gee I wonder what it will be?

I think it's a pretty crappy milestone in GS history if this is the end of a V8 GS.
Old 08-21-11, 06:55 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 211 Likes on 145 Posts

I find it hard to believe they're ditching the V8 altogether. Do we think they're just waiting (a la 2007) for the new LS4x0 or LS500 to come out with the upgraded V8 engine?
Old 08-21-11, 06:59 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts

That might be a possibility, as someone has mentioned in another thread ..., just so the 4GS will not get a better V8 engine than the current LS460 ......

But the top flagship is really the LS600hL with the 5.0 V8, so I am not sure if that make sense
Old 08-21-11, 08:54 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
That might be a possibility, as someone has mentioned in another thread ..., just so the 4GS will not get a better V8 engine than the current LS460 ......

But the top flagship is really the LS600hL with the 5.0 V8, so I am not sure if that make sense
Lexus is annoying because they keep shooting themselves in the foot.
Old 08-21-11, 09:49 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
except that rear overhang is not bigger.

how can it become bigger when vehicle size is the same as well as the wheelbase? lol.
Just think about it. It is same rear overhang as with old model.

Trunk got bigger because they completely redesigned rear suspension.

Oh - I forgot to post, you were interested in rear space, japanese mag said 25mm more space for legs, 30mm more for knees... which is nice, and pretty much only thing i understood from babelfish translation
forget about numbers, i can care less about them. i care when i sit in the car. it looks promising so far. i think i said that before.

well i never look into the numbers, but i believe someone said the 4gs is technically 0.2" longer or so? plus, your logic is wrong. even if the car has same overall length and same wheelbase, that doesn't mean the location of the wheel base is the same. just for the sake of argument anyway.

and i never said the 4gs has more rear overhang than the 3gs. i said it looks to have bigger overhang than other cars like the e class
Old 08-21-11, 12:32 PM
LB23
Driver

Originally Posted by RXSF
from the new 5 series

the new GS

Kinda boring, bland, with no personality.
Oh well.
Old 08-21-11, 12:46 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm likely in the minority, but I really do miss the cleanliness of the concept's rear. When I first saw it, it was love at first sight. But I was afraid it was just too clean and generic for the masses, though I personally thought it was the best part of the concept. Badgeless too, I just loved it. The lights look so much better on the concept, and I like the smaller exhaust opennings too...and I like the lower valence a lot better on the concept. Yes, the overall concept's rear looks somewhat bulky, but it's bulk with purpose and artistry.

Also, I love how in the concept's rear, there's the 2 design lines that flow outward down the whole rear on each side, matching the flow of the front end (like so / \ ). It's great that the front and rear had similar design themes. The actual 4GS rear loses that completely, and for me, that lost all the character of the rear of the car. Here's hoping future sport models have slightly different rear bumpers, but they'll likely never bring those 2 design lines back, and that's really a shame.

The translated 4GS rear is just overwrought...too, maybe it's those additional red safety lights on the lower part of the bumper, and maybe it's the different brake light design as well. I don't know, it just misses the mark. Come on, aftermarket companies, I will need you to clean that rear up for me.

Other than that, I am pleased with Lexus' effort. This will likely be my next Lexus, and I will likely keep it for hundreds of thousands of miles.

Last edited by KevinGS; 08-21-11 at 02:08 PM.
Old 08-21-11, 02:03 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Blackraven
spwolf, please comment on my earlier post.

Btw, my prediction is that I still believe Panasonic Nanoe will be only for JDM models (i.e. those sold in Japan only).

Though I would like to be proven wrong on that
i dont remember where I saw it, but it was some official lexus gs 350 site in english... and it had info on nano-e. I cant find it anymore. It was definitively not an JDM model.
Old 08-21-11, 02:05 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by spwolf
i dont remember where I saw it, but it was some official lexus gs 350 site in english... and it had info on nano-e. I cant find it anymore. It was definitively not an JDM model.
Ah, got it... it is Lexus EU:

And world-first Nano-e technology generates ions in the cabin air. Not only good for your skin and hair, this also sterilises and automatically deodorises the upholstery.
Old 08-21-11, 05:06 PM
LB23
Driver

I really really like how they kept the exterior dimensions and the curb weight in check.

But also increased the interior space, with more head, leg and knee room, and with a 25% bigger trunk.

That is efficient packaging indeed.
Old 08-21-11, 05:51 PM
LB23
Driver

Originally Posted by Blackraven
Here are some more pics but this time from the Lexus Japan demo and test drive preview event.

Pics for this come from response.jp

Please comment

Where are the eyebrows?
Old 08-21-11, 05:57 PM
LB23
Driver

Mmmmmmmmmm that sounds........ aggresive!

Quick Reply: 4GS Release Discussion!